Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dame > steph

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Dame > steph

Steph has exactly zero true buzzer beating gws his entire career... and his close calls are in the regular season

Meanwhile Dame is doing this shit in the playoffs.. real skill.. real coldblooded nature. Dame > steph 7 days a week!

Default Re: Dame > steph

Of course he's better. Golden State is just stacked. Steph is the better shooter. When it comes to leadership and taking over a game. Lillard is better at those things.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Of course he's better. Golden State is just stacked. Steph is the better shooter. When it comes to leadership and taking over a game. Lillard is better at those things.
    Lillards clearly the better defender and pick and roll player too

He just had a series better than Steph ever did as underdogs against a top defense and 2 all NBA players missing his 2nd best player

Steph the better shooter and scorer but Dame closing the gap. And Dame is 8/12 on these long 3s so far

It's close but those 2 and Kyrie are levels above everyone else

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Sure

Yeah, no.

Steph is a better scorer and playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Yeah, no.

Steph is a better scorer and playmaker.
    I don't know about scorer anymore. I think Steph is a better playmaker but not scoring. Lillard doesn't have nearly the amount of space to operate. Curry has KD and Klay clearing lanes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I don't know about scorer anymore. I think Steph is a better playmaker but not scoring. Lillard doesn't have nearly the amount of space to operate. Curry has KD and Klay clearing lanes for him.
    Steph takes high-difficulty shots all the time, his release is just insanely quick and he's one of the best finishers at his size in the game. I don't think there's anyone better when it comes to shooting 3s off the dribble. Lillard isn't far off though, he's a high-volume 3-point shooter who loves to shoot them off the dribble and does that so efficiently as well, but I don't think he's better at finishing at the rim. Also consider that Lillard is barely over 40% from the field for his Playoff career and his raw Playoff averages are basically identical to his RS ones with considerably higher mpg.

Also, 2015 Curry averaged career-highs in ppg and 3PT%(also career-high 11.0 3PA with 42.2%) in the Playoffs up to this season, he didn't get more efficient at shooting post-2016. His 2015 run is still statistically on par with his best ones overall.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Of course he's better.

Of course?

You know how good someone has to be to justify that in comparison to Steph? I cant even imagine the level of ball id need to see a guy like them(Crazy shooting combo guards) play to say hes better than Steph "of course". I know ive never seen it.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

He's not better especially off ball but I'm sure if he played on the Warriors there would be a noticeable boost in his production as well. He does a lot of the same things Curry does but doesn't have the personnel around him to pull it off

crazy how Curry went from a Top 5 player in 2016 to barely a Top 10-15 this season

ever since he "peaked in OKC" things have slowly regressed

shout out to H. Garfunkle

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Steph takes high-difficulty shots all the time, his release is just insanely quick and he's one of the best finishers at his size in the game. I don't think there's anyone better when it comes to shooting 3s off the dribble. Lillard isn't far off though, he's a high-volume 3-point shooter who loves to shoot them off the dribble and does that so efficiently as well, but I don't think he's better at finishing at the rim. Also consider that Lillard is barely over 40% from the field for his Playoff career and his raw Playoff averages are basically identical to his RS ones with considerably higher mpg.

Also, 2015 Curry averaged career-highs in ppg and 3PT%(also career-high 11.0 3PA with 42.2%) in the Playoffs up to this season, he didn't get more efficient at shooting post-2016. His 2015 run is still statistically on par with his best ones overall.
    steph is the better shooter but thats because of his jumpshot. But theres also a weakness to it. It is too strong for the midrange game. Thats why steph would rather do a floater or attempt a contested layup over an uncontested midrange coz its too strong. And that weakness make his shot creation capabilities limited.

Banned

great. now OP jinxed lillard like he did harden

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Of course?

You know how good someone has to be to justify that in comparison to Steph? I cant even imagine the level of ball id need to see a guy like them(Crazy shooting combo guards) play to say hes better than Steph "of course". I know ive never seen it.

lillard is waay waaaay more reliable than steph. its not just about front running pull up threes and fancy dribbles... lillard just has that durant IT factor where you know he can get a quality shot at any time vs anyone. steph can't

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Personally I like Dame better but it's hard to say who's the better player. But if my life depended on it I'd rather give Dame the ball in the final seconds. That's for sure. Dude is a killer!