Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rate the last Movie you watched

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

yesterday had a tooth pulled ... 3 hours in the chair.
    So the movie was Extraction

A young boy was kidnapped in a middle eastern country , to teach a bad guy , what a bad guy does.
    American military guy - goes to extract him , and kills about 300 guys.
    If you like a lot of shooting and death - its for you
    4-5 story line (.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    yesterday had a tooth pulled ... 3 hours in the chair.
    So the movie was Extraction

A young boy was kidnapped in a middle eastern country , to teach a bad guy , what a bad guy does.
    American military guy - goes to extract him , and kills about 300 guys.
    If you like a lot of shooting and death - its for you
    4-5 story line (.)
    I had a molar pulled on Wednesday. The recovery is a pain, especially since I bit my lip hard and it got all busted.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

We watched “Halloween Kills”
    Not bad, yet predictable. A number of high-vis cameos. A character based on Sheriff David Clark.
    Could use some gratuitous titties.

Dune is just not that great.

I mean, I guess there's some cool things about the film, but let's not pretend this is a great movie.

girly movie wife wanted to see : The Holiday

Two chicks swap houses , one in England , one in LA
    They get hitched after dumping two ex-boyfriends , for a brother , and a co-worker..
    Cameron Diaz , was the star , but the movie was loaded w/star talent.
    Ending was crap , but I will give it 6.5 (kept your interest)

Dune: 3/10

The cinematography was beautiful, but the movie itself was awfully slow. It was very hard to follow, and I felt like most of the scenes were too dragged out. There was very little action and most of the time it felt like nothing was happening. When the characters would be talking, I had a hard time understanding what they were talking about and it made it worse because oftentimes, their talks would lead to nothing. I'm not sure why this movie was so anticipated, and why it has such a high rating on movie websites like IMDB and rotten tomatoes. To me, nothing interesting happened for the entire span of the movie.

To be fair, I had no knowledge about Dune before going into it. I haven't read any of the books and I didn't watch the original movie. Maybe it would've been better to me if I knew some of the backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    Dune: 3/10

The cinematography was beautiful, but the movie itself was awfully slow. It was very hard to follow, and I felt like most of the scenes were too dragged out. There was very little action and most of the time it felt like nothing was happening. When the characters would be talking, I had a hard time understanding what they were talking about and it made it worse because oftentimes, their talks would lead to nothing. I'm not sure why this movie was so anticipated, and why it has such a high rating on movie websites like IMDB and rotten tomatoes. To me, nothing interesting happened for the entire span of the movie.

To be fair, I had no knowledge about Dune before going into it. I haven't read any of the books and I didn't watch the original movie. Maybe it would've been better to me if I knew some of the backstory.
    Man, I totally disagree to this. I loved it, can't wait for the second part of the story. The night I watched it, I bought all the books from Amazon to read.

Has some of the best world building I've seen in anything, but unfortunately it doesn't have finality due to it being 1/2 of the first book. And you can tell by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Man, I totally disagree to this. I loved it, can't wait for the second part of the story. The night I watched it, I bought all the books from Amazon to read.

Has some of the best world building I've seen in anything, but unfortunately it doesn't have finality due to it being 1/2 of the first book. And you can tell by the end.
    Genuinely asking and no hate, but aside from the visuals what about the movie did you love? I mean there was barely any action, the story went nowhere until maybe the last 10-15 min, and many times I found myself wondering what the hell they were even talking about. Many of the conversations didn’t even make sense and lead to nowhere. That’s just me. I get some people really like the movie so to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    Genuinely asking and no hate, but aside from the visuals what about the movie did you love? I mean there was barely any action, the story went nowhere until maybe the last 10-15 min, and many times I found myself wondering what the hell they were even talking about. Many of the conversations didn’t even make sense and lead to nowhere. That’s just me. I get some people really like the movie so to each their own
    Visuals are nice but the world building and politics of the whole thing are top notch. I want to know who the Emperor is, what his deal is, whose side he's on and his family dynamics. Want to know more about the main two houses and the other houses that will inevitably get involved in later on. And what side and interest they have. Same thing with the planet and this source that they essentially need to dominate the galaxy. Want to find more information on these women that have the 'speaking' ability. One interesting thing I found was the Duke asking his wife to save the son not as the mother, but part of that cult? This is someone he's presumably been married for two decades with that he's asking that.

The pace is obviously an issue. To me this should have been an HBO series run by Deni. Make it a 8-10 hour epic and add all the details you want because everything I heard from this before watching (GOT in space) seems right on the money after watching it. The movie doesn't really end because it's part 1 of 2, it just moves towards its next act by the end. I get why people weren't crazy for it though.

My question to you and others who weren't with it, are you going to watch Part II?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Dune: 8/10

Cinematography is top notch. They will win an Academy Award for it. While Chalamet is not the greatest actor in the world, the rest of the characters do a fine job to support him along the way. The story is not confusing at all and does leave you in anticipation of the other part to come.

Not sure why some aren't feeling it.

Mystic river :
    Kind of a Longmire type movie..
    A USG official , knows everyone in the Wyoming area , where a death occurs.
    It was a rape and her boyfriend was beat'n to death... by a 5 man work crew.
    Took place on an Indian Rez...
    Two cultures collide , but story line works .. FBI agent (one ) supposedly was in jurisdiction .
    I have it at a 7 (pretty solid Netflix movie)

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Mystic river :
    Two cultures collide , but story line works .. FBI agent (one ) supposedly was in jurisdiction .
    Yeah that is not the plot to Mystic River at all. I think you saw a different movie.

Wind river :
    Thanks Patrick

Movie : Regarding Henry
    Harris Ford in his early days.
    A high profile ass hole lawyer , goes out to get cigarettes' and gets shot in the chest and head.
    Survives , in a coma and starts a rehab - that changes his life.
    Story line was not bad.
    I rate it at 7 (fills the time , and decent ending with his family)