Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rate the last Movie you watched

Event Horizon

Brought to my attention by our own Chewing

good horror thriller

too much horror for me when we saw the clips of the old crew around the last 30 minute mark. With the speaking of hell and evil, that pretty much depicted hell and pure inexplicable evil/insanity for me. numerous things happened there which are just ew, human eye doesnt have to see em. the way it depicted human horror and mysery and fcks with your past or nightmares.. nah. it literally turned into a hannibal episode but way darker. i wrote that as i watched it, they now literally showed images which are supposed to depict hell. i looked away lol

shit didnt even have a properly good ending

well made movie though

im always enticed by thrillers. but my heart needs more stranger than fiction and less event horizon

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Hobbs and Shaw was so bad but then again it was just like every other Dwayne Johnson movie. Felt like I was watching Skyscraper 2. Can't believe I watched Skyscraper 1 in my life.

Action was good.
    Watched this over the weekend. Maybe I was already in a bad mood and wasn't trying to have a good time, but I hated it. Plot wasn't terrible but it was buried underneath all of his The Rock fanservice. The girl playing his love interest had to be like 20 years younger than him. Dude is almost 50. They could've made this movie with half the budget and had the same appeal. Idris Elba was unnecessary. His role could've been played by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Event Horizon

Brought to my attention by our own Chewing

good horror thriller

too much horror for me when we saw the clips of the old crew around the last 30 minute mark. With the speaking of hell and evil, that pretty much depicted hell and pure inexplicable evil/insanity for me. numerous things happened there which are just ew, human eye doesnt have to see em. the way it depicted human horror and mysery and fcks with your past or nightmares.. nah. it literally turned into a hannibal episode but way darker. i wrote that as i watched it, they now literally showed images which are supposed to depict hell. i looked away lol

shit didnt even have a properly good ending

well made movie though

im always enticed by thrillers. but my heart needs more stranger than fiction and less event horizon
    yea that movie was surprisingly batshit. I haven't seen it since release time... or around then, but I wasn't expecting it to actually be disturbing.

-Smak

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Not bad. Visually great, but the director clearly thinks he's being much more profound than the movie merits. Great performance by Pitt if nothing else who has come a long way from his 90s cringe days. (Seven...ugh)

7/10
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-29-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Not bad. It was better than I thought it was going to be anyway. It was entertaining enough and I liked that they didn't just rehash the origin story from the originals and added a more modern twist. 6/10

I thought it was decent enough, actually. I find it funny how people are so stupid like, oh my god Will Smith isn't in it...like the series was that good or anything. The 2nd and 3rd MIB are pretty meh in general. This falls in line. Entertaining, but forgettable. Frankly, that is all the movies. Nostalgia has made people overrate ALL of the MIB movies. They were just dumb entertainment from the start and this just continues that trend.

5/10

In The Shadow of the Moon.. 6/10.

It started really well, then quickly spiralled to a crappy ending.
    They brought up some good concepts with time travel but the story lost its way, such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Watched this over the weekend. Maybe I was already in a bad mood and wasn't trying to have a good time, but I hated it. Plot wasn't terrible but it was buried underneath all of his The Rock fanservice. The girl playing his love interest had to be like 20 years younger than him. Dude is almost 50. They could've made this movie with half the budget and had the same appeal. Idris Elba was unnecessary. His role could've been played by anyone.
    The plot was a rehash of MI3, where the girl injects herself with the virus to keep it out of the hands of the villain and then has to be saved before the virus can kill her.

3/10

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

I thought it was decent enough, actually. I find it funny how people are so stupid like, oh my god Will Smith isn't in it...like the series was that good or anything. The 2nd and 3rd MIB are pretty meh in general. This falls in line. Entertaining, but forgettable. Frankly, that is all the movies. Nostalgia has made people overrate ALL of the MIB movies. They were just dumb entertainment from the start and this just continues that trend.

5/10
    For me personally...

Men in Black
    Men in Black 3
    Men in Black: International
    Men in Black 2

A lot of cool kills, but in general it was pretty meh. The fourth movie was much better. I don't know what the hell Stallone is doing as a writer, it's like he forgets that you need a second act and just skips from act 1 to the 3rd act. 5/10
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-30-2019 at 07:05 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Between Two Ferns the Movie

rating: perrrrdy bad.

never been a fan of scott aukerman as a comedian/host. now i can add his writing to that list.

Hereditary

Incredible horror movie, images stay in your head

Ikiru (translates to 'to live')

Great movie (even with subtitles). Parts of it brought tears into my eyes. Truth is many of us can connect with the main protagonist. He is lost until he finds out he has cancer and turns his life around in the last few months he had to live. Akira Kurosawa is a brilliant director and the story resonates with you.

Movie is similar to 'Anand' (indian movie) and 'Up'. If everyone watched Ikiru, Anand and Up, the world would be a better place imo.

Ad Astra

6.5/10

Killer cinematography, probably one of the best looking space films to realistically visualize our solar sys. Slow, steady pace throughout. Great build up. Unfortunately ends in a typical straight forward fashion like a diluted mainstream does.

This movie could've really had it but the really mysterious acts (mars/moon pit stops) were drowned out by unrealistic space odyssey in between. And there were lots of em, hail mary miracle and cringe moments. From beginning to end.

The interesting characters just disappear from story altogether. Chick on mars, Old man in beginning, Tommy Lee Jones. Doesn't really let viewers build any connection to anyone in the film except for Pitt.

One n done imo

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    Hereditary

Incredible horror movie, images stay in your head
    Loved it, one of my fav modern horrors with a sick

No jump scares, just raw dread feeling and it just keeps getting worse as it progresses. The mom at the end, on the walls. Holy fck