Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    NBA Superstar 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,614

    Default 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Lets go!

  2. #2
    Gif-ted bigkingsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Land of 1 NBA Championship*
    Posts
    21,620

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    I heard that they're not tipping picks on their TV coverage until it actually goes down, we'll see.

  3. #3
    Knicks all da way imdaman99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    26,848

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Raiders always reaching

  4. #4
    NBA Superstar 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,614

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Daniel Jones at 6? Really?

  5. #5
    Knicks all da way imdaman99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    26,848

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Drafted a Duke QB? Fk off Gettleman. I would have been OK picking him with the 17th pick. Too many great defensive players on the board and this guy picks a Duke QB. Unbelievable.

  6. #6
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The "Q"
    Posts
    27,880

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Drafted a Duke QB? Fk off Gettleman. I would have been OK picking him with the 17th pick. Too many great defensive players on the board and this guy picks a Duke QB. Unbelievable.
    Don't underestimate Pat Shurmur's role in the Giants taking Daniel Jones. He was instrumental during his short tenure as coach of the Browns in taking Brandon Weeden 22nd overall in 2012.

    I consider that the single worst pick in the history of the modern NFL Draft. Not only was it a reach and not only were there far better QBs on the board (Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles), but Weeden was 29(!) years old.

    But, you look at the measurables and the skillset... Weeden and Jones are very similar prospects. Now, Jones may hit and he is still a ways from collecting Social Security checks, so it could never be on the level of the Weeden pick, but....

    ...this has Pat Shurmur written all over it.



    So interesting watching the draft this year. For Browns fans, this has always been our Super Bowl and then it was downhill from here. This year, I can sit back and relax. The first time I can remember that the season is more exciting than the draft.

  7. #7
    Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    I follow the Giants and Panthers a bit.

    Serioulsy tho the Giants pick doesn't make ANY sense...

    How can you pass on Josh Allen or Ed Oliver... thats insane...

    If you really want Jones, he shoud be up second round, I mean Drew Luck and Haskin is still on board.

    Panthers pick is alright I think, idk why they don't go for Sweatz.
    Last edited by Gougou; 04-26-2019 at 12:50 AM.

  8. #8
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    10,907

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gougou
    I follow the Giants and Panthers a bit.

    Serioulsy tho the Giants pick doesn't make ANY sense...

    How can you pass on Josh Allen or Ed Oliver... thats insane...

    If you really want Jones, he shoud be up second round, I mean Drew Luck and Haskin is still on board.

    Panthers pick is alright I think, idk why they don't go for Sweatz.
    Yeah, there were tons of elite players still on the board.. Why would you pick Jones when nobody was even thinking about picking him anywhere in first round? Giants will regret it. They were essentially bidding against themselves.. Jones would have still been there in 2nd round, maybe even 3rd..

  9. #9
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
    Posts
    25,073

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    This was one of the more forgettable drafts. Complete and total lack of offensive playmakers outside of Kyler Murray. In fact it was a record breaking lack.

    I really really like the LSU CB Greedy Williams who is still on the board. The guy is lanky 6'2" and a ball hawk. Rare combo for a CB. Check out his highlights if you get a chance. He shouldn't have fallen to the 2nd round.

  10. #10
    Knicks all da way imdaman99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    26,848

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Don't underestimate Pat Shurmur's role in the Giants taking Daniel Jones. He was instrumental during his short tenure as coach of the Browns in taking Brandon Weeden 22nd overall in 2012.

    I consider that the single worst pick in the history of the modern NFL Draft. Not only was it a reach and not only were there far better QBs on the board (Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles), but Weeden was 29(!) years old.

    But, you look at the measurables and the skillset... Weeden and Jones are very similar prospects. Now, Jones may hit and he is still a ways from collecting Social Security checks, so it could never be on the level of the Weeden pick, but....

    ...this has Pat Shurmur written all over it.



    So interesting watching the draft this year. For Browns fans, this has always been our Super Bowl and then it was downhill from here. This year, I can sit back and relax. The first time I can remember that the season is more exciting than the draft.
    Makes sense, Shurmur had his most success with... Case Keenum. Giants have become a joke of a franchise. What can I say, I thought the Giants would be the only team out of the ones I root for to be a professional and respectable team

  11. #11
    One of One ROCSteady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    D[M]V
    Posts
    9,893

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Redskins win the first round, based on hype and pure talent

  12. #12
    NBA All-star tontoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,360

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    @ the Giants.

    Nice the see the Redskins do something positive for a change. Haskins + Sweat

  13. #13
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,803

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Raiders always reaching
    Ferrell was top 3 after Q-Will and Bosa at the start of the season. Josh Jacobs the best RB. Abram is a stud. No reaches at all.

  14. #14
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,305

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    This was one of the more forgettable drafts. Complete and total lack of offensive playmakers outside of Kyler Murray. In fact it was a record breaking lack.

    I really really like the LSU CB Greedy Williams who is still on the board. The guy is lanky 6'2" and a ball hawk. Rare combo for a CB. Check out his highlights if you get a chance. He shouldn't have fallen to the 2nd round.
    Not upset at eagles pick but I wanted Greedy. He

  15. #15
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    18,876

    Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

    was going over all the NYG fan reactions on youtube... damn, people in New York are really pissed that they took that guy at #6.

    it's too early to trash the pick... only time will tell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •