Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

Lets go!

Default Re: 2019 NFL Draft Discussion

I heard that they're not tipping picks on their TV coverage until it actually goes down, we'll see.

Raiders always reaching

Daniel Jones at 6? Really?

Drafted a Duke QB? Fk off Gettleman. I would have been OK picking him with the 17th pick. Too many great defensive players on the board and this guy picks a Duke QB. Unbelievable.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Drafted a Duke QB? Fk off Gettleman. I would have been OK picking him with the 17th pick. Too many great defensive players on the board and this guy picks a Duke QB. Unbelievable.
    Don't underestimate Pat Shurmur's role in the Giants taking Daniel Jones. He was instrumental during his short tenure as coach of the Browns in taking Brandon Weeden 22nd overall in 2012.

I consider that the single worst pick in the history of the modern NFL Draft. Not only was it a reach and not only were there far better QBs on the board (Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles), but Weeden was 29(!) years old.

But, you look at the measurables and the skillset... Weeden and Jones are very similar prospects. Now, Jones may hit and he is still a ways from collecting Social Security checks, so it could never be on the level of the Weeden pick, but....

...this has Pat Shurmur written all over it.

So interesting watching the draft this year. For Browns fans, this has always been our Super Bowl and then it was downhill from here. This year, I can sit back and relax. The first time I can remember that the season is more exciting than the draft.

Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar

I follow the Giants and Panthers a bit.

Serioulsy tho the Giants pick doesn't make ANY sense...

How can you pass on Josh Allen or Ed Oliver... thats insane...

If you really want Jones, he shoud be up second round, I mean Drew Luck and Haskin is still on board.

Panthers pick is alright I think, idk why they don't go for Sweatz.
    Last edited by Gougou; 04-26-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gougou
    I follow the Giants and Panthers a bit.

Serioulsy tho the Giants pick doesn't make ANY sense...

How can you pass on Josh Allen or Ed Oliver... thats insane...

If you really want Jones, he shoud be up second round, I mean Drew Luck and Haskin is still on board.

Panthers pick is alright I think, idk why they don't go for Sweatz.
    Yeah, there were tons of elite players still on the board.. Why would you pick Jones when nobody was even thinking about picking him anywhere in first round? Giants will regret it. They were essentially bidding against themselves.. Jones would have still been there in 2nd round, maybe even 3rd..

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

This was one of the more forgettable drafts. Complete and total lack of offensive playmakers outside of Kyler Murray. In fact it was a record breaking lack.

I really really like the LSU CB Greedy Williams who is still on the board. The guy is lanky 6'2" and a ball hawk. Rare combo for a CB. Check out his highlights if you get a chance. He shouldn't have fallen to the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Don't underestimate Pat Shurmur's role in the Giants taking Daniel Jones. He was instrumental during his short tenure as coach of the Browns in taking Brandon Weeden 22nd overall in 2012.

I consider that the single worst pick in the history of the modern NFL Draft. Not only was it a reach and not only were there far better QBs on the board (Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles), but Weeden was 29(!) years old.

But, you look at the measurables and the skillset... Weeden and Jones are very similar prospects. Now, Jones may hit and he is still a ways from collecting Social Security checks, so it could never be on the level of the Weeden pick, but....

...this has Pat Shurmur written all over it.

So interesting watching the draft this year. For Browns fans, this has always been our Super Bowl and then it was downhill from here. This year, I can sit back and relax. The first time I can remember that the season is more exciting than the draft.
    Makes sense, Shurmur had his most success with... Case Keenum. Giants have become a joke of a franchise. What can I say, I thought the Giants would be the only team out of the ones I root for to be a professional and respectable team

Redskins win the first round, based on hype and pure talent

@ the Giants.

Nice the see the Redskins do something positive for a change. Haskins + Sweat

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Raiders always reaching
    Ferrell was top 3 after Q-Will and Bosa at the start of the season. Josh Jacobs the best RB. Abram is a stud. No reaches at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    This was one of the more forgettable drafts. Complete and total lack of offensive playmakers outside of Kyler Murray. In fact it was a record breaking lack.

I really really like the LSU CB Greedy Williams who is still on the board. The guy is lanky 6'2" and a ball hawk. Rare combo for a CB. Check out his highlights if you get a chance. He shouldn't have fallen to the 2nd round.
    Not upset at eagles pick but I wanted Greedy. He

was going over all the NYG fan reactions on youtube... damn, people in New York are really pissed that they took that guy at #6.

it's too early to trash the pick... only time will tell.