Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    I go HAM TheCorporation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    5* LeFam General
    Posts
    10,178

    Question FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Who had the most defensive impact among non centers for an entire playoff run? These results show who is the better defensive player in the playoffs.

    100 and below DRtg club among FMVP winners:

    LeBron x2 (2012, 2016) 2 for 3
    Wade x1 (2006) 1 for 1
    Kobe x0 (zero occurrences) 0 for 2
    Jordan x0 (zero occurrences) 0 for 6

    AGAIN, can we PLEASE stop saying Jordan was something special on defense? Dude was 0 for 6.
    Last edited by TheCorporation; 05-07-2019 at 12:06 AM.

  2. #2
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,005

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    L. Bird Drtg - 102
    Pippen Drtg - 103

    Everyone knows drtg counts steals, blocks and defensive rebounds, which is why Bird has better drtg than pippen

    It's a weak measure of defense - eye test, net efficiency and other measures are far better

  3. #3
    I go HAM TheCorporation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    5* LeFam General
    Posts
    10,178

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    L. Bird Drtg - 102
    Pippen Drtg - 103

    Everyone knows drtg counts steals, blocks and defensive rebounds, which is why Bird has better drtg than pippen

    It's a weak measure of defense - eye test is better

    But you lied so



    Are you just making numbers up?

    LeBron is a better defensive player. 100% better.

  4. #4
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5,336

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Who had the most defensive impact among non centers for an entire playoff run? These results show who is the better defensive player in the playoffs.

    100 and below DRtg club among FMVP winners:

    LeBron x2 (2012, 2016) 2 for 3
    Wade x1 (2006) 1 for 1
    Kobe x0 (zero occurrences) 0 for 2
    Jordan x0 (zero occurrences) for 6

    AGAIN, can we PLEASE stop saying Jordan was something special on defense? Dude was 0 for 6.
    Drtg is a horrible measure of defence. According to drtg jj Reddick was one of the best defenders in the league this year

  5. #5
    Consensus, Cemented Vino24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Top 3
    Posts
    5,083

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Drtg is a horrible measure of defence. According to drtg jj Reddick was one of the best defenders in the league this year
    better than Kyrie

  6. #6
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,005

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    But you lied so



    Are you just making numbers up?

    LeBron is a better defensive player. 100% better.
    Those are playoff numbers - bird has better regular season drtg and dbpm than pippen because those stats favor defensive rebounders

    Everyone knows drtg counts steals, blocks and defensive rebounds, which is why Bird has better drtg than pippen

    It's a weak measure of defense - eye test, net efficiency and other measures are far better

    Another dumb thread by a dummy

  7. #7
    I go HAM TheCorporation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    5* LeFam General
    Posts
    10,178

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Drtg is a horrible measure of defence. According to drtg jj Reddick was one of the best defenders in the league this year
    First off I'm talking PLAYOFFS

    Yes we know regular season Westbrick bla bla bla

    PLAYOFFS doe

    Also, no you're wrong he is a 115 this season that's terrible.
    And in the playoffs he has been a 113


    What are you even saying?

  8. #8
    I go HAM TheCorporation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    5* LeFam General
    Posts
    10,178

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Those are playoff numbers - bird has better regular season drtg and dbpm than pippen because those stats favor defensive rebounders

    Everyone knows drtg counts steals, blocks and defensive rebounds, which is why Bird has better drtg than pippen

    It's a weak measure of defense - eye test, net efficiency and other measures are far better

    Another dumb thread by a dummy
    So why does Kawhi and Draymond have really low DRtg during their DPOY years?

    Just a coincidence?

    ANOTHER DAY

    ANOTHER WIN

  9. #9
    Banned SpaceJam2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Billups in 2004 as well


    But NO Jordan

  10. #10
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,005

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Billups in 2004 as well


    But NO Jordan
    BOOM

    that just killed your argument

    .. y'all dumb

  11. #11
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5,336

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    better than Kyrie
    Sure I guess but what does that mean?

  12. #12
    Banned SpaceJam2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,346

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    BOOM

    that just killed your argument

    .. y'all dumb

    0 for 6

    Damn MJ what is you doing baby

  13. #13
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    that ghoulash joint
    Posts
    29,005

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    0 for 6

    Damn MJ what is you doing baby
    Lebron is 0-9 (no rings or Finals as scoring champ)

    Infact, all perimeter players are 0-fer in this category - only MJ was good enough to fit league-best scoring into a championship framework

  14. #14
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    leTop1
    Posts
    6,727

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Lebron is 0-9 (no rings or Finals as scoring champ)

    Infact, all perimeter players are 0-fer in this category - only MJ was good enough to fit league-best scoring into a championship framework
    Why do you lie about Mikes defense when he was just okay in the playoff

  15. #15
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    26,982

    Default Re: FMVP playoff run with 100 and below DRtg?!

    Op

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •