Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Alabama just banned abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    what if you had more kids that you didn't want?

would you run far away from them too?

The bill passed thanks to the votes of a group of exclusively white, male Republican senators, and amendments introduced by the state’s four women senators were all dismissed.

Voted through by 25 white men lol

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    But I think that should be a woman's right and not the state. IMO free contraceptives have to be mandatory if that's the case
    What if someone wants to kil you? Should that be their choice to make or should the state say no to that?

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Conservatives don't give a shit after the kid is born. Who cares if the kid lives in extreme poverty and has 2 worthless deadbeats for parents? At least he's alive amirite
    I do. I don't want any more leeches and criminals set upon society than we already have now. Plus, real talk, most of these would be aborted ain't gonna grow up to vote for my side anyway. I think there should be an abortion clinic on every corner in poor, high crime areas.

Pure stupidity and self inflicted harm on Bama's part

Banned

your daughter is lucky to have a man who is not her father but is man enough to take care of her.

fatherhood takes tremendous responsibility and sacrifices.

but i think it was you who made a thread talking down about parenthood and how much you hated it.

if you hate it so much, don't burden the kid by bringing him or her into this world.

i don't value life of an egg equally.
    my parents said i would get my entire inheritance upfront if i gave them a grandkid.. it really wouldn't have been that hard for me. i think i was man enough to turn down millions for the betterment of the kid... why give her trust issues just so i can buy a huge house and dodge viper

and they broke up btw... so it didn't work out anyway. now its kinda late for me to say anything

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    my parents said i would get my entire inheritance upfront if i gave them a grandkid.. it really wouldn't have been that hard for me. i think i was man enough to turn down millions for the betterment of the kid... why give her trust issues just so i can buy a huge house and dodge viper

and they broke up btw... so it didn't work out anyway. now its kinda late for me to say anything
    let's say you have a one night stand and the girl gets pregnant and you later find out she's both an alcoholic and heroin addict. do you want this woman to have your baby? maybe she's already a mother and all her kids are messed up a.f. with brain and respiratory defections, other life threatening complications, etc. that woman ain't quiting her booze and drugs during pregnancy neither. do you really want her to carry the child and let her body jeopardize the mental and physical health of your offspring as well who may not even survive when born?

coupled with your feelings about fatherhood, do you really want to bring that kid to the world?

you know it's not a yes.

if she suggests an abortion, quit what you're doing and drive her to the clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    This abortion ban makes no exceptions for victims of rape and incest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.d564f1d4d70a
    I'm not sure if anyone else here works in the medical field or has seen a live birth, but the hormonal changes in a woman during pregnancy, the changes to her body, to her emotional state, to her financial well being during pregnancy and the new responsibilities she takes on during the process, the time she will need to devote for doctor's appointments, ultra-sounds, NSTs and other referrals, the abject pain of labor, the damage and tearing she endures during birth, the possibility of a necessary C-section, and the often difficult and lengthy recovery period after pregnancy, mixed with the new hormonal changes that can incite postpartum depression make it especially heinous to force someone who has been raped to carry the pregnancy to term.

Is there some sort of program tax payers of Alabama will be paying into to financially support these women and families? I expect that they will not be responsible for a single dime of their care during or after pregnancy, and that monies will be provided by tax payers to also address emotional pain and trauma as well as lost wages and potential wages for the rest of the woman's life. If she's married or has a family, add in the time and expenses that family must expend to help with the pregnancy. I'm sure that this wasn't some sort of stunt, but rather, was carefully considered and financial legislation to help those effected is pending.
    Last edited by MaxFly; 05-15-2019 at 02:35 PM.

[QUOTE]The bill passed thanks to the votes of a group of exclusively white, male Republican senators, and amendments introduced by the state

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I'm not sure if anyone else here works in the medical field or has seen a live birth, but the hormonal changes in a woman during pregnancy, the changes to her body, to her emotional state, to her financial well being during pregnancy and the new responsibilities she takes on during the process, the time she will need to devote for doctor's appointments, ultra-sounds, NSTs and other referrals, the abject pain of labor, the damage and tearing she endures during birth, the possibility of a necessary C-section, and the often difficult and lengthy recovery period after pregnancy, mixed with the new hormonal changes that can incite postpartum depression make it especially heinous to force someone who has been raped to carry the pregnancy to term.

Is there some sort of program tax payers of Alabama will be paying into to financially support these women and families? I expect that they will not be responsible for a single dime of their care during or after pregnancy, and that monies will be provided by tax payers to also address emotional pain and trauma as well as lost wages and potential wages for the rest of the woman's life. If she's married or has a family, add in the time and expenses that family must expend to help with the pregnancy. I'm sure that this wasn't some sort of stunt, but rather, was carefully considered and financial legislation to help those effected is pending.
    Where did libtards get this idea that there’s some kind of connection between there being a responsiblility to financially support people who you don’t think should be killed? What does one thing have to do with the other?

Government exists to protect your rights, not to be your sugar daddy. I fully expect the government to protect my right to life. I have no expectation that the government is supposed financially support me.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm
    Voted through by 25 white men lol

To protect the thousands of Black babies that get aborted every year.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Where did libtards get this idea that there’s some kind of connection between there being a responsiblility to financially support people who you don’t think should be killed? What does one thing have to do with the other?

Government exists to protect your rights, not to be your sugar daddy. I fully expect the government to protect my right to life. I have no expectation that the government is supposed financially support me.
    Are you responding to me? If so, you either responded without reading... or perhaps comprehending? I'm talking about financial support by the government and taxpayers for a woman given that it/they are forcing that woman who has been raped to bring the pregnancy to term. All of the physical, financial, social and emotional repercussions of that situation practically require it. Ideally, the rapist would pay all costs, but many, many, many rapes are never solved. If the government is forcing the woman to bring the pregnancy to term, then the responsibility falls on taxpayers to take care of her after suffering such a heinous crime and being forced to live out the continued reverberations of that crime.

Incidentally, financial support of children born of rape is sure to follow given that most children forced to be born of rape will be likely turned over to the state or state funded program.

I haven't even touched incest and the health issues that could arise there.

Hey, do me a favor: don't disappear. This tends to be one of those times where you ghost on a conversation after realizing the ridiculous nature of your argument or your response.
    Last edited by MaxFly; 05-15-2019 at 03:09 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    To protect the thousands of Black babies that get aborted every year.

Only for you to hate and,mock them when they grow up huh tio?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Only for you to hate and,mock them when they grow up huh tio?

I only mock stupid, uneducated people. You don't see me talking too much shit about Asians now do ya?

If women are able to absolve themselves from their responsibilities and consequences of sex, there should be a male option as well, where the mother can not go after the father for any sort of child support.

Also, for the pro-choice crowd, simple question. What other responsibilities and consequences can I absolve myself from?

Banned

let's say you have a one night stand and the girl gets pregnant and you later find out she's both an alcoholic and heroin addict. do you want this woman to have your baby? maybe she's already a mother and all her kids are messed up a.f. with brain and respiratory defections, other life threatening complications, etc. that woman ain't quiting her booze and drugs during pregnancy neither. do you really want her to carry the child and let her body jeopardize the mental and physical health of your offspring as well who may not even survive when born?

coupled with your feelings about fatherhood, do you really want to bring that kid to the world?

you know it's not a yes.

if she suggests an abortion, quit what you're doing and drive her to the clinic.

if i told you that you could choose one of the following

a) live the rest of your life kind of stupid.. like slow and sort of malnourished looking

or

b) die immediately

which would you choose