Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default 2019 Off Season Moves

There's not much for moves that can be made. I've seen they are interested in Seth Curry and Derrick Rose. There's the 15 pick. It's a gamble but I would hope Sekou Doumbouya would drop to us. Could be a complete bust. Could be the best in the draft. It's a position of need big time though. Our management is terrible. Spend a ton of money for a mediocre team. I would try to move Griffin. He was incredible last season. Not necessary though. Let him go to a team that has a chance to compete. Get some draft picks. Rebuild the right way this time. PG is a position that really needs an upgrade. Move Reggie. Try to get another pick.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2019 Off Season Moves

So we have picks 15 and 30 now. I wonder if we can package both of those and try to move up a bit to get more of an impact player.

NBA lottery pick

Really happy with our draft pick tonight. It's a boom or bust kind of thing. I don't have an expectation for next year. He's obviously a project. He has a very high ceiling though. And we've needed a wing for about a decade now lol. The last solid one we had was Tayshaun.... Obviously Stanley busted. As a lot of #8 picks do. The Pistons love to draft in that area though haha. If Doumbouya can play next to Dre and Griffin somehow that would be a very tough defensive front potentially. Luke steps up at SG and we somehow fix the PG position and that's a solid team.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Mate - absolutely stoked with Sekou slipping to us at 15 - how the heck did that happen? This kid, likely has one of the top 3 ceilings in the draft - his physical gifts could translate into anything -

Although his floor is quite low, too. He could be out of the league in 4 years time.

LOVED trading pick 30 for 4 x 2nd rounders and Cash - but hated trading to move up to 37 (costing us 2 x 2nd rounders) even though I like the "6'8 Kennard" clone.

I really like Bone, too. Explosive and smart. Has potential to develop into a backup PG

C: Dre / Maker
    PF: Griff / Sekou
    SF: Snell / Svi
    SG: Kennard / Khyri
    PG: Reggie / Brown

Obviously the above will change a bit between now and start of the season - I believe that we should be trying to develop Brown into a defensive stopper PG. I think that is where he can make the most impact in the NBA. I think we also need to give Khyri more minutes off the bench at the 2. Brown and Khyri are both staunch lock down defenders, could have a real identity off the bench. I am not sure where Svi is inn his development - but the kid can shoot lights out! Might still be a year away from getting minutes.

I think the big hole I can se - is not having a true "6th man". I think we need to bring someone in to play that role. Someone who can consistently get you 12 - 17 points each night. Sure Kennard can play that role right now if we want to, and put Brown back in as a starter - but I would love to explore Kennard's growth as a player with the starters and see if he can be better than a 6th man in this league (I think he can be).

NBA lottery pick

Yeah we really need Kennard to step up. He looked good at the end of the season. One of the teams best players. Him hitting outside shots and creating would be huge. SF is clearly our biggest hole. Svi is another really good shooter. I bet the Lakers wish the had him back about now lol. He's a guy who could develop into a solid role player. I would have to imagine he'll be playing summer league. It will be interesting to see if he takes that next step. They kind of need to sign someone to the MLE at that position. PG is the next position that needs to be addressed. I'm not sold on Reggie. He's our best option right now but that contract is killing us. I'd much rather be able to go after someone like Russell or Brogdon. I wish there was a potential trade partner so we could move on. I'm not sure who would take him. Phoenix maybe? It seems like they're looking for a vet. I'd prefer to get a young up and comer at that position. Plus just a consistent outside shooter to space the floor for Dre and Blake.

We certainly aren't getting past the Bucks. Indiana has a better team as long as Oladipo is healthy. That puts us right in that mediocre spot in our conference and in the Eastern conference. I even like the youth of the Bulls and Cavs more than what we have for the future, although for the next year or two we will still be better. We can't keep doing the same thing and hoping the team is going to get better. Depending on what happens with Kawhi and Butler the East could open up a little bit too. I'd almost try to trade Blake too. Try to get a bunch of draft picks for him. Send him to one of those teams with a ton of cap space that are only going to land one All-star max level guy. Give them hope. Give him a chance to win. He deserves a better team too. Get a lottery pick next year. Hope they develop with Kennard and Sekou. Have a stash of picks for years to come. Build it the right way this time. Not by throwing money at random vets. Otherwise we're just stuck for the next decade. And make no mistake, that's how long it will be. As fans we will need to wait for Blake and Reggie's contracts to expire. Then we will need to wait for the team to get through a couple of drafts and hope they hit. Then we will need to wait for those players to develop.

The Bulls young core might be the best in the league, or close to it. The Cavs? meh - not impressed at all..

I think Snell is good enough to play 25 - 30 minutes at SF for us. Two things he does extremely well, is defend other wings, and can shoot the 3 ball. He doesn't put up eye popping stats, but he is a plug and play glue guy that is not going to be a liability at the three in any facet. We have either had guys who are too small, can't defend, or can't shoot the three. Snell is an underrated get, and is a fine 5th best starter on a team.

Yes we need to get rid of Reggie, would LOVE either Brogdon or Rozier.

We need to stick with Kennard and commit to giving him major minutes, we will know after this year if he is going to be a good to great starter or if he is going to peak as a bench sniper.

The Bulls young core might be the best in the league, or close to it. The Cavs? meh - not impressed at all..

I think Snell is good enough to play 25 - 30 minutes at SF for us. Two things he does extremely well, is defend other wings, and can shoot the 3 ball. He doesn't put up eye popping stats, but he is a plug and play glue guy that is not going to be a liability at the three in any facet. We have either had guys who are too small, can't defend, or can't shoot the three. Snell is an underrated get, and is a fine 5th best starter on a team.

Yes we need to get rid of Reggie, would LOVE either Brogdon or Rozier.

We need to stick with Kennard and commit to giving him major minutes, we will know after this year if he is going to be a good to great starter or if he is going to peak as a bench sniper.

I also saw that we might have some interest in Collison as back up PG.

Heck - might even be a better bet starting him in our first unit, and using Reggie in a 6th man role in which I think he could actually be in contention for 6th man of the year - it suits him!

Last 2 seasons stats

Reggie: 15ppg / 4.6 apg / 0.6 spg / 42% FG / 33% 3pt

Collison: 12 ppg / 5.9 apg / 1.5 spg / 48% fg / 44% 3pt on

Collison better facilitator and deep threat than Reggie, would work well with Blake and Dre, and then have Reggie come off the bench as a microwave energy 6th man who can get his own basket, something we desperately need on our 2nd unit.

I think this would work really well. Reggie might be a better pound for pound "player" but I think for our team, he can fill a 6th man role, and Collison can fit a floor spacing facilitator 5th best starter role...

NBA lottery pick

That's a lot of money tied up in one position though. I just saw this:

[QUOTE]Rod Beard: #Pistons announce deal to acquire Deividas Sirvydas (37th pick) from #Mavs for 45th pick and two future second-rounders (#Jazz

Yeah it was a little strange - I think what happened is that we REALLY wanted this guy at #45, but we got wind that the Mavs were going to select him so did a deal. We had scouts out in Lithuania earlier in the year who basically said this kid will be an absolute stud in a few years time. He is 6'9 (still growing) a fluid mover and shoots the ball very sweetly with picturesque technique. And a shifty lefty.

Essentially, this move on the surface looks real dumb I agree - but if that is who we were targeting all along, and we got our guy, then I guess it makes sense, as those 2 other 2nd rounder are likely to be in the 50 - 60 range

I have seen some clips of this guy, basically a clone of Luke Kennard + 5 inches of height

NBA lottery pick

Let's cross our fingers. At this point we have to be positive about it because the deal is done.

NBA lottery pick

It looked like we had a chance to get Russell Westbrook but he's now going to end up with the Heat. I wonder who we would have given up. Not just that but it would have finally moved us up in the East. Now Miami is looking pretty solid.

I still think Pistons are in it - OKC in full rebuild mode, they would love cap space, so I think it wont cost as much as people think, maybe Reggie + Langston (both contracts come off the books at years end which is attractive for OKC) + 1st rounder, that might be appealing enough... OKC would love to bottom out this year, then will have a tonne of cap and draft picks for the coming years.

Westbrook will supercharge our team, and in a weak East, who knows. The ceiling of Blake / Westbrook / Dre and a bunch of shooters is fairly high! Would atleast be good for ticket sales :)

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, looks like that report was wrong of him going to the Heat. I think it would take a lot of draft picks and young players to pull off that deal and those are assets the Pistons don't have. They would be a team that could possibly come out of the East. With the ball in Blake's hands so much it would definitely change things because Westbrook would be taking those touches.

I disagree - he wouldn't cost much, it is the 2nd worst contract in the league (after Wall), OKC might even need to add assets themselves to move him in all honesty. If they can shed his contract and start a full rebuild that would be the dream for them.

I take back my statement saying we add a first rounder, I think we just need to give them expiring contracts which will be enough to make them bite. 45 mill as a 34 year old?!? That is so risky, but one we should take to move the needle. I think OKC basically gives him away for anything they can get - but will be hard, not many buyers in the market for his contract...