Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

Default Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

it

Banned

Default Re: Chernobyl is the best show currently airing on HBO

the trailer looks pretty good. but no way in hell is it better than game of thrones

and i don't have a clue why everyones upset with this season. so it didn't go the way you hopes. oh well

its still the highest production value i've ever seen for a tv show. this seasons been like a 100 million dollar budget movie every single week. its insane how spoiled people have become

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    the trailer looks pretty good. but no way in hell is it better than game of thrones

and i don't have a clue why everyones upset with this season. so it didn't go the way you hopes. oh well

its still the highest production value i've ever seen for a tv show. this seasons been like a 100 million dollar budget movie every single week. its insane how spoiled people have become
    acting wise it's better than game of thrones. story is better than season 8 of game of thrones too.

if you want to talk about production or let's be honest, pure action, sure, game of thrones has better action scenes than Chernobyl. hell, game of thrones has better action scenes than the wire and sopranos, but it's not a better show.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    acting wise it's better than game of thrones. story is better than season 8 of game of thrones too.

if you want to talk about production or let's be honest, pure action, sure, game of thrones has better action scenes than Chernobyl. hell, game of thrones has better action scenes than the wire and sopranos, but it's not a better show.

depends on the target audience. if you're into strictly story structure and don't value big production action scenes then yes theres other shows that are better. but theres a reason game of thrones is breaking records as far as viewership. they have people invested into the characters that are being killed off left and right to wrap up the series and everyones butthurt about it. but if they just ended the show with nothing ever happening and everyone living happily ever after then everyone would be like "wtf i wasted my time watching this" instead of "its bad writing"

its just a rushed final season but still captivating beyond anything else on television. nothing else even comes close really. its on the level of breaking bad for me. everyones talking to their friends after every episode like its the nba finals and their favorite player just won or lost. just because you don't like the show or hate the final season doesn't mean its not the best show on tv right now. theres no other iconic series on this level being aired right now.

depends on the target audience. if you're into strictly story structure and don't value big production action scenes then yes theres other shows that are better. but theres a reason game of thrones is breaking records as far as viewership. they have people invested into the characters that are being killed off left and right to wrap up the series and everyones butthurt about it. but if they just ended the show with nothing ever happening and everyone living happily ever after then everyone would be like "wtf i wasted my time watching this" instead of "its bad writing"

its just a rushed final season but still captivating beyond anything else on television. nothing else even comes close really. its on the level of breaking bad for me. everyones talking to their friends after every episode like its the nba finals and their favorite player just won or lost. just because you don't like the show or hate the final season doesn't mean its not the best show on tv right now. theres no other iconic series on this level being aired right now.
    i'm just talking about this season. if you isolate season 8, it's pretty much garbage and the action/production wouldn't save it. the only reason it has a cult-like following is from previously built up success from the previous seasons.

if season 8 were the first season, i would have quit it already.

NBA sixth man of the year

OP has a good record with shows with me.Im giving it a chance tonight fellas, ill let ya know my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    OP has a good record with shows with me.Im giving it a chance tonight fellas, ill let ya know my thoughts

episode 1 is kinda slow, but it picks up significantly in episode 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out

Aren't you the same person ?

I checked them out, was excited to see it since I caught the trailer by chance, not disappointed off to a great start

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i'm just talking about this season. if you isolate season 8, it's pretty much garbage and the action/production wouldn't save it. the only reason it has a cult-like following is from previously built up success from the previous seasons.

if season 8 were the first season, i would have quit it already.

thats a very dumb observation because if you isolated this season then the characters lose all meaning/purpose/value and every decision/death is meaningless

a series is like a really long movie... obviously just the ending on its own wouldn't make sense without the first 80% of the movie to go off of

this season of game of thrones is basically the final battle in return of the king. obviously if lord of the rings was a tv show instead of a movie then an entire season of chaos/fighting/murdering each other/falling to your death would be a shitty story compared to other dramatic series
    Last edited by kennethgriffen; 05-16-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Good show so far. There's no comparison to GOT really since they're totally different genres.

Scary to think how close Chernobyl came to being a much worse catastrophe than it was.

thats a very dumb observation because if you isolated this season then the characters lose all meaning/purpose/value and every decision/death is meaningless

a series is like a really long movie... obviously just the ending on its own wouldn't make sense without the first 80% of the movie to go off of

this season of game of thrones is basically the final battle in return of the king. obviously if lord of the rings was a tv show instead of a movie then an entire season of chaos/fighting/murdering each other/falling to your death would be a shitty story compared to other dramatic series
    they sh1t the bed this season. it's horrible writing.

Never watched Game Of Thrones but I always assumed it was targeted at the neckbeard nerds who played Dungeons and Dragons

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

A high production budget apparently equals good writing and acting. Run along now, child.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Never watched Game Of Thrones but I always assumed it was targeted at the neckbeard nerds who played Dungeons and Dragons
    Naw, I

All I knew about Chernobyl going in was that it was an unusual nuclear accident and that it wasn't the typical meltdown scenario. It's been great so far. Dramatic and informative.