Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

I've been killing it doing these promo events the company wants to promote me as an outside sales rep
    I turned that down. Not gonna stop my full time to grind in one of the hardest industries in the world to grow

Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Thats a pretty much dream situation as a side job.
    Taking clients out drinking isn't nearly as fun as it sounds when you have consistent nights heading home after 10pm, and waking up slightly hungover for work which you go to at 9am the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Taking clients out drinking isn't nearly as fun as it sounds when you have consistent nights heading home after 10pm, and waking up slightly hungover for work which you go to at 9am the next day.
    That's not what I do though. I travel to beer festivals and pitch beer to the public. No need to schmooze clients.

As a bonus I get a commission on the amount of beers I serve. At these events we take tokens which we can cash in at the end of the day. A certain amount taken pays out a percentage. These beer festivals are usually during the day for 4-6 hours. Except for the one I did a couple of weeks ago on that boat cruise. Think of it as a travelling glorified bartender who gets to keep leftover product.

Imagine being hyped about being a beer promoter. What a loser

Go OD on a blunt Godzuki loser

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac

Getting paid to travel with all expenses covered, get free beer, and all I have to do is serve and talk about it. And they pay me $20+ and hour plus tip. Yeah, nothing to get hyped about

Meanwhile, you work at your family garage fetching wrenches for your dad. I guess there's no comparison hey Godzuki? BTW, how useless is Anthony Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac

He's trying to make the best out of a not so pleasant experience that he got suckered into doing.

Sounds exciting, and I'm sure he was excited at his first few events, but you have to figure, he's standing for 6 hours straight at an outdoor summer beer festival in 100 degree humid weather with the sun beating down on him all day having to give the same pitch over and over and over. That would get really boring really quick. The kicker is, no one there wants to hear anyone talk about how special their beer is compared to the one in the next tent over. They just want to try the beer and move onto the next tent as there are 100's of beer stands at these events that need to be visited. This is his life atm. Not the worse gig, but certainly not something worth bragging about.

Last edited by egokiller; 06-27-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Dope

All the booze reps i've dealt with seem to love their job and overall have a sense of well being

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    He's trying to make the best out of a not so pleasant experience that he got suckered into doing.

Sounds exciting, and I'm sure he was excited at his first few events, but you have to figure, he's standing for 6 hours straight at an outdoor summer beer festival in 100 degree humid weather with the sun beating down on him all day having to give the same pitch over and over and over. That would get really boring really quick. The kicker is, no one there wants to hear anyone talk about how special their beer is compared to the one in the next tent over. They just want to try the beer and move onto the next tent as there are 100's of beer stands at these events that need to be visited. This is his life atm. Not the worse gig, but certainly not something worth bragging about.

Hanging out under the sun serving beer is boring? Lol. You honestly think that's how the patrons are? Craft beer is a culture. These people LOVE to talk about product. I actually prefer if they move on. And when I'm not pouring I'm walking around a festival of activities and trying out other beers. Plus we take the extra product home free.

You're telling me doing that 8-12 hours a month gets old? Sure. It would be like you getting paid to hate Lebron and talk about it. And here you are doing it 24/7. Hasn't gotten that old for you
    Last edited by DaHeezy; 06-27-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Dope

All the booze reps i've dealt with seem to love their job and overall have a sense of well being
    I wouldn't want to be a rep. That's a little too much of a grind. But they definitely enjoy what they do. But it is a competitive space. Being an ambassador has all same.perks without the grind. Easy side gig. I'm heading over to the brewery today to try a small batch of a Pina colada IPA we're promoting. I get to take a 6 pk home plus some demo supply. Lol. And they're paying me to go there. Doesn't get any better than that!

DrEaM jOb!!!!! I'm sWeAtInG aNd GaInInG wEiGhT, pLuS mY lIvEr Is ****Ed AnD mY hEaD wIlL bE tHrObBiNg ToMoRrOw MoRnInG!! wOuLd YoU cArE fOr AnOtHeR pItChEr, SiR?!?

LiViNg My BeSt LiFe!!

You're basically a glorified waitress. Not even glorified, you're literally bragging about being a waitress

yea, but how often a month is it?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Hanging out under the sun serving beer is boring? Lol.
    For 6 hours a day having to give the same pitch all day long, yes that will get boring quick. It's not like you are doing any activity while drinking like say golfing for instance. And getting paid to travel is pretty much common place these days. I travel all over and obviously my work pays for it. I have my own corporate travel agent. Just tell her where I need to be and everything gets booked for me. I have Ambassador Elite status at Marriott. (Fvck Hilton )

For 6 hours a day having to give the same pitch all day long, yes that will get boring quick. It's not like you are doing any activity while drinking like say golfing for instance. And getting paid to travel is pretty much common place these days. I travel all over and obviously my work pays for it. I have my own corporate travel agent. Just tell her where I need to be and everything gets booked for me. I have Ambassador Elite status at Marriott. (Fvck Hilton )

My boy out here killing it. Guess that's where you got the username from

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    My boy out here killing it. Guess that's where you got the username from
    Sometimes you just have to being them back down to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    wOuLd YoU cArE fOr AnOtHeR pItChEr, SiR?!?

Another pitcher. If he does that he'll be out of beer 1 hour into the show.