Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: My best friend died

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    I'm not a doctor. I can't give you some "a-ha" moment answer, because I don't definitely know.

I just know there are too many reports about people suffering early deaths that are often tied to energy drink consumption. Far too many... for product lines that haven't been around that long, in the grand scheme.

They haven't been around long enough for there to be definitive answers as to why they're bad, I don't think...

I wouldn't think coffee and b12 supplements would be the primary catalysts to early death. It's some overall combination of everything found in energy drinks. There is a ton of nasty shit.
    I think its more the combination of taurine and guarana that makes it seriously unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Big time. I don’t drink coffee anymore. Get more sleep. You will get better sleep with no coffee too. I think a lot of people drink coffee because it screws up their sleep so they are tired, which makes them drink coffee, which screws up their sleep...and the cycle continues

Crazy how many people drink coffee/ice coffee everyday.Then we wonder why skinny people are dropping like flies to strokes and other ish like that

btw it wont hurt as much in a couple weeks OP.I had 2 best friends die on me (1 was murdered after winning a fistfight) (1 was my childhood dog)

i lost three close friends over the course of a few years just after hs. one drowned in lake michigan ****ing around drunk in the middle of the night, another killed himself street racing, and another got shot up on a street corner gang banging. all real, genuine dudes that u just KNEW had your back wherever u'd go. u know a genuine friend when u have one and that shit wrecks u when u lose them, especially in such stupid, reckless ways. i still remem the phone calls so vividly, i remember some of the exact words exchanged between myself and their fam/friends some fifteen years ago.

anyway, i feel ur pain, op.
    Last edited by diamenz; 06-19-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    i lost three close friends over the course of a few years just after hs. one drowned in lake michigan ****ing around drunk in the middle of the night, another killed himself street racing, and another got shot up on a street corner gang banging. all real, genuine dudes that u just KNEW had your back wherever u'd go. u know a genuine friend when u have one and that shit wrecks u when u lose them, especially in such stupid, reckless ways. i still remem the phone calls so vividly, i remember some of the exact words exchanged between myself and their fam/friends some fifteen years ago.

Don't take this the wrong way, but how was your friend a genuine guy when he was too busy gang banging and suffered the most obvious fate possible? Leaving family and friends such as yourself in a sorrowful state? Again, I'm sorry for your loss and don't take it the wrong way. Just curious as to how someone can be considered a genuine friend when he lived such a dangerous and reckless life that could have gotten even you killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Don't take this the wrong way, but how was your friend a genuine guy when he was too busy gang banging and suffered the most obvious fate possible? Leaving family and friends such as yourself in a sorrowful state? Again, I'm sorry for your loss and don't take it the wrong way. Just curious as to how someone can be considered a genuine friend when he lived such a dangerous and reckless life that could have gotten even you killed.
    no worries. he was a good dude for who he was, or for the cards he was dealt. i should probably be clear - the guy wasnt into the hardcore latino 'banging for the hell of it' phenomenon... he was about his money (drug dealing), and all of the damage that comes with that. i was young (and dumb) too, and hung around some questionable people... the definition of a true friend now differs from what it was back then to me. either way, genuine friends in any regard are one in a million so to speak.

My condolences to you. I'm sorry for your loss. That must be a burden. If you need to talk to someone. I can help. Just know someone in this world loves you and likes you.

My thing is the opposite. So many enemies, people I've had fights with in my youth, so many of them end up dying. And not even recently, but a couple of years later. Not even making it to their 20s. It's like I'm bad luck.

Sorry to hear this, man. My condolences.

That sucks man, Sorry for your loss.

My best friend is coming up on 10 years in July. Died in a motorcycle accident.

You don't really get over it, you just learn to cope with it more as times goes on.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Take your time to mourn the loss just don't get stuck there. This might sound insensitive to you right now, but it doesn't honor his memory to disrupt years of your life grieving.

You got to be feeling like shit right now, so accept my heartfelt condolences; hopefully you will live a full productive life.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    I think its more the combination of taurine and guarana that makes it seriously unhealthy

extreme amounts of sugar + people drinking it all day

that processed sugar is the devil .. processed carbs, sugar etc .. everytime I cut that shit out, I feel and look like a completely different person .. the trick is cutting it out permanently .. must suck losing a childhood friend .. probably like losing a close family member .. sorry to hear that

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Sorry I'm not blaming energy drinks for his death I'm just saying 3 16 Oz's a day combined with working hard, smoking cigs, drinking hard and weekend partying doesn't lent to longevity. I'll contact the family in a respectable way and find out what happened to Matt.

Sometimes it tough i usually let things roll off my back but to really feel this upset reminds me I'm still human.

Thank you for the kind words, love my follow ishers .

Wtf who still use DVDs?