Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Off-season - Post Conley trade

https://www.slcdunk.com/the-downbeat...i-juwan-morgan

[QUOTE]Brantley is capable of being an upgraded version of Jae Crowder, Wright-Foreman holds a lot of scoring and shooting potential without being way undersized (he

On July 5, 2018, Williams-Goss signed a three-year deal with Greek team Olympiacos, of the EuroLeague.[44]
    buyout?

https://www.ksl.com/article/46578866...rent-this-year

[QUOTE]While Zanik said the Jazz will

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/6/21/18...lies-utah-jazz

[QUOTE]Crowder will be the most immediate payoff for Memphis in the Conley trade. Grayson Allen is a development project as are the draft picks received (obviously). This may or may not be desirable for a now-rebuilding franchise, but it

DN: Last season, you took a step forward offensively with career-highs in points and rebounds, but what are your goals going into this year? What do you want to continue to do? Rudy Gobert: Keep getting better, keep getting stronger and keep adding things to my game that can help me and most importantly help the team to take another step. Obviously, we know that it’s going to be a few changes to the team, but I try to control as much as I can control as much as I can. I know that I can be an even better than I was last year. – via Deseret News

DN: Transitioning into our next topic, obviously a big deal was made for Mike Conley that won’t become official until July 6th but how does it feel to bring in a player of his caliber? Obviously, you’re losing some special teammates in the process, but do you feel that bringing in a guy like that can help you reach a championship level? Rudy Gobert: We’re definitely losing some guys that I really love to play with and be around in Ricky (Rubio), Kyle (Korver) — well, we didn’t lose Ricky yet, but he wants a starting job as he should, so it’s tough, it’s a tough part of the business but I think we wouldn’t be where we are without those guys. Now, we have another guy that comes in, I think a guy that can really help us take the next step, which is to me, play for a championship. – via Deseret News

DN: After competing against Mike and watching him over the years, what are your thoughts on him? Rudy Gobert: I always loved his competitiveness. He’s a guy that plays to win. He’s a guy that’s selfless, but still very aggressive but he’s a winner to me. I’ve had a chance to talk with him a little bit and I think he really wants to win, to help us and we want to help him at the same time. It’s going to be a great partnership. – via Deseret News

Ricky Rubio will be up for grabs as an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career this summer. The Spanish guard acknowledged that big names like Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson will, in a way, shape the fate of other free agents.

[QUOTE]Alex Kennedy: Willie Reed will play Summer League with the Utah Jazz, per source. Reed is a 3-year NBA vet who averaged 20.1 PPG, 11.3 RPG and 1.8 BPG in 21 games last season with Utah

Eric Woodyard: Isaiah Cousins will play Summer League with the Utah Jazz.

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-age...f-the-athletic

Not worth trading Ingles to get him. Need a modern day starting 4. Get rid of Exum and Favors in the process.

[QUOTE]The Washington Wizards will decline the 2019-20 team option on Jabari Parker

Eric Woodyard: Former Utah Jazz two-way player Naz Mitrou-Long will play Summer League with the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to a Deseret News source.

Neto has been with the Jazz since 2015, so it would be a bit surprising to Jazz fans if they let him go after retaining him for multiple offseasons in favor of a second-rounder, but crazier things have happened in the NBA.
    It wouldn't be surprising at all. Only reason he's still around is because he is Rudy's buddy I''d say.

Despite the Jazz paying up for this pick and like Wright-Foreman, Oni figures to spend time in the G League with the Salt Lake City Stars and hope for a roster spot to open up in the next couple of offseasons.
    I think he may already be better than Exum not that the Jazz care about that!

Just because the rookies look good on paper doesn’t mean that will translate to the next level, but the Jazz have a proven track record of developing second round picks and projects like the picks they made on Thursday.
    They do? They have a proven record of letting them go to other teams for little to nothing in return