Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron not even top 10 according to those who watched more ball

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Dude. He's a Kobe fanboy who never watched basketball before Shaq's lakers. He's shook because his idol Kobe is ranked about 12th all time. Why bother?

It's his way of coping. Talking about athletes all of whom are multiple tiers better than his hero.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

There it is the ad-hominem by a Kobe stan who is absolutely fuming
    Not even close, Lebron is a category above Kobe.

You just think that I'm a Kobe stan because I exposed your ass when you said Magic and a 40 year old Kareem was a better duo than 2001 Shaq and Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    You ain't triggering anyone who's watched the NBA as long as I have.

I may not get into all the advanced nerdy ass stats but I do know my hoops and no one I have seen is better than MJ so you ain't fooling me.

saying lebron is 5-6 spots below mj is a big jump from just saying mj is better than lebron. you do realize the difference and why the first one is going get responses even though most agree with the second statement.

ik my hoops too(for this forum at least). Lebron's got like the 3rd best peak of all time, closest perimeter player to mj clearly imo. Not too strong of a case but there is someone else in shaq who does have a good case. strong longevity gives him a strong case for top 3 all time.
    Last edited by NBAGOAT; 06-26-2019 at 04:00 AM.

What are the arguments for Lebron being top3?

Stats?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    saying lebron is 5-6 spots below mj is a big jump from just saying mj is better than lebron. you do realize the difference and why the first one is going get responses even though most agree with the second statement.

ik my hoops too(for this forum at least). Lebron's got like the 3rd best peak of all time, closest perimeter player to mj clearly imo. Not too strong of a case but there is someone else in shaq who does. strong longevity gives him a strong case for top 3 all time.
    You are one of the most logical posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Gileraracer
    What are the arguments for Lebron being top3?

Stats?
    idk how one could criticize 12 and 13 too much. Go ahead and mention ray allen's shot and prove how lazy you are. 09 is one of the few candidates for the best raw carryjob during the rs ever. lebron's defense has prevented his cle rs' from being great but playoff lebron is absolutely a thing. Getting smashed by gs doesnt change that(even in 17 including the gs series, cle played like a truly great team according to srs which accounts for sos so weak east isnt a counter argument)

longevity and consistency matter too. lebron's had wat a 15 year prime. MJ is the best player of all time but I would seriously consider kareem for greatest of all time because his longevity dwarfs any of the other all time greats and he has like a top 5 ish peak. Playoff performance is pretty great, not too much to nitpick at.
    Last edited by NBAGOAT; 06-26-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Not even close, Lebron is a category above Kobe.

You just think that I'm a Kobe stan because I exposed your ass when you said Magic and a 40 year old Kareem was a better duo than 2001 Shaq and Kobe.
    He is about 3 tiers above Kobe.
    Not gonna even address your attempt to derail the thread by lying.

Stick to the thread topic and stop melting down, lapdog.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

ik my hoops too(for this forum at least). Lebron's got like the 3rd best peak of all time, closest perimeter player to mj clearly imo. Not too strong of a case but there is someone else in shaq who does have a good case. strong longevity gives him a strong case for top 3 all time.
    I agree. Jordan, Shaq, Wilt, and Lebron had insane peaks. Shaq didnt maintain it. Wilt didnt win as much and didnt perform at the same level when the stakes were highest (playoffs and finals I.e. Kobe-esque when it counted) and Lebron separates himself by playing at his level for longer than most.

If we are to rank players by tiers rather individual spots, Jordan, Kareem, and Lebron would be in the 1st. Magic, Shaq, Wilt, Bird would probably be in the 2nd. Hakeem, Duncan, Russell would be in the third, and so on.

But there isnt a player who has ever played that is THAT far ahead of Lebron. He's the best player in the past 20 years by a considerable distance, and the only one even close is Shaq. And Shaq didn't have the longevity that Lebron does.

He is about 3 tiers above Kobe.
    Not gonna even address your attempt to derail the thread by lying.

Stick to the thread topic and stop melting down, lapdog.
    We've seen multiple duos greater than shaq and Kobe. Jordan and pippen. Magic and Kareem. Here is a third. Kobe was just not quite good enough to make that duo as great as some of these.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=468884&page=2

Nice try, imagine believing MJ-Pippen was a better duo than 2000-2004 Shaq and Kobe.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=468884&page=2

Nice try, imagine believing MJ-Pippen was a better duo than 2000-2004 Shaq and Kobe.
    Much better, as were magic and Kareem and Curry and Durant.
    Again, why are you wasting my time derailing the thread?

This is about where Lebron stands in the top 10. He's firmly a top 3 player while your idol is 12th and falling. This isnt difficult. Stick to the thread topic.

I agree. Jordan, Shaq, Wilt, and Lebron had insane peaks. Shaq didnt maintain it. Wilt didnt win as much and didnt perform at the same level when the stakes were highest (playoffs and finals I.e. Kobe-esque when it counted) and Lebron separates himself by playing at his level for longer than most.

If we are to rank players by tiers rather individual spots, Jordan, Kareem, and Lebron would be in the 1st. Magic, Shaq, Wilt, Bird would probably be in the 2nd. Hakeem, Duncan, Russell would be in the third, and so on.

But there isnt a player who has ever played that is THAT far ahead of Lebron. He's the best player in the past 20 years by a considerable distance, and the only one even close is Shaq. And Shaq didn't have the longevity that Lebron does.
    Hakeem's peak is honestly up there with anyone elses, and was better than Magic's imo

Much better, as were magic and Kareem and Curry and Durant.
    Again, why are you wasting my time derailing the thread?

This is about where Lebron stands in the top 10. He's firmly a top 3 player while your idol is 12th and falling. This isnt difficult. Stick to the thread topic.
    Durant and Curry have an argument, both were superstars at their peak.

Kareem was past his prime and Pippen was never on the level of '01-'03 Kobe or Curry/Durant.

Sorry, 2001-2003 Shaq and Kobe take a dump of any 80's version of Magic-Kareem.

Durant and Curry have an argument, both were superstars at their peak.

Kareem was past his prime and Pippen was never on the level of '01-'03 Kobe or Curry/Durant.

Sorry, 2001-2003 Shaq and Kobe take a dump of any 80's version of Magic-Kareem.
    Sorry mate. All of them are better than Shaq and his 40% finals scoring role player sidekick.

Now about the thread topic. Lebron and the top 10.

i've come around more on russell, feel like he should be in the 2nd tier. I blame backpicks for convincing me some along with some other stuff and a minimal game watching. the celtics defense was just a comical outlier and russell seems like he deserves most of the credit. he wasnt ben wallace on offense or even mutombo. Calling his teams having 8 hofers is exaggerating, 2-3 of those got in for just rings(like kc jones is arguably less deserving than iggy honestly). Granted he did have a talent help edge over wilt, oscar, west still but can get overstated.

I'm not as sure about tiers as I used to be, there's a lot of uncertainty for valuing a player over a season and that adds up even more over a career. Like even this year, there were people who legitimately thought paul george should've been mvp before his injury even though in 5-10 years, everyone will say giannis/harden were head and shoulders above everyone else. There's still a couple who will argue for wade 09 over lebron. even clear edges are decently close.

Finally I watch out for curry. with longevity he's impressive. I could definitely consider taking his offense over bron's(shaq not so much). The stat nerds and the heavy film guys seem to both agree on curry being a true offensive great.

Edit: durant is someone it seems pretty safe to put in the kobe/wade/tmac hell harden peak tier