Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Andrew Yang NEEDS To Be The Next President

This guy could be the smartest guy to ever run for president. His numbers just make sense. Unlike other candidates who just BS their way in, this guy actually has a calculated plan.

What he claims is correct. Politicians can say they can bs their speeches about more jobs, but the future is A.I. and robotics. Unless you're in IT, jobs WILL be lost. That's just the reality of the future.

I cant believe so many dumbasses actually think Joe Biden would be a great president. That guy is just creepy as fk.

https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

#yanggang2020
    Last edited by n00bie; 07-10-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Default Re: Andrew Yang NEEDS To Be The Next President

I hope you are not saying this due to his universal base income plan. That results from that plan would not turn out the way you think they would.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Me Chinese

Me play joke

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

So what's his solution to AI? I'm not watching a two-hour Joe Rogan Podcast for his answer if he even gives one.

Trump 2020. #MAGA

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He would want it to come from billionaires but by the time Congress got through with the budgeting the money would be coming from the middle and upper middle class. The donors are not handing our representatives all that money to pay more taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I hope you are not saying this due to his universal base income plan. That results from that plan would not turn out the way you think they would.
    Care to explain? I don't see another solution. You look at companies like Amazon & their fulfillment centers are all automated. This is just the beginning. You think self driven cars are far away? Technology is already in place. Soon deliveries will also be automated.

How else are people going to survive in America? Is everyone going to have upper management or IT jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    So what's his solution to AI? I'm not watching a two-hour Joe Rogan Podcast for his answer if he even gives one.

Trump 2020. #MAGA
    His basic plan is try give every adult in the U.S. a basic income of $1,000 a month. That's pretty much going to come from companies like Amazon, who pay 0 taxes.

That 1K will be dumped back into the economy. With A.I. coming along, jobs will be lost. That's the reality.. but how is the economy going to stay afloat once people start losing their jobs? People argue that if everyone received 1k a month, they'd get lazy and not find jobs. Really? I can't imagine anyone being satisfied with 1k a month, but it would definitely help pay the bills in the event that you do lose your job.

a tax on automated machines. as automation grows the more revenue would come in. As automation gets more efficient, the cost of products and services goes down as well.

The key point is to replace human labor with machines so that humans have less of a burden on doing the time wasting labor that is required and essential to a functioning economy. You have to look at it as one functioning unit. if theres 1 human tasked to do a job that makes them money, that 1 human can have a machine do that work, still make that money but have the time to do what that person wants with his or her time. If this is the case, then it would liberate most americans from jobs that they only do to survive, like taking fast food orders, operating a repetitive machine, driving a truck ect.

Its a long shot to get andrew yang in office then get UBI implemented. The good thing is we are headed in a direction where the only solution is a Fixed Income. So if it doesnt happen now, it eventually will have to happen.

Good college starter

He thinks too big for most people. There are still people out there who want to keep coal for jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    a tax on automated machines. as automation grows the more revenue would come in. As automation gets more efficient, the cost of products and services goes down as well.

The key point is to replace human labor with machines so that humans have less of a burden on doing the time wasting labor that is required and essential to a functioning economy. You have to look at it as one functioning unit. if theres 1 human tasked to do a job that makes them money, that 1 human can have a machine do that work, still make that money but have the time to do what that person wants with his or her time. If this is the case, then it would liberate most americans from jobs that they only do to survive, like taking fast food orders, operating a repetitive machine, driving a truck ect.

Its a long shot to get andrew yang in office then get UBI implemented. The good thing is we are headed in a direction where the only solution is a Fixed Income. So if it doesnt happen now, it eventually will have to happen.
    That's exactly it, but it's sad that most Americans don't see what's coming. Instead they get blinded by Trump & his entertaining twitter posts.

Trump's argument for his tariffs, which increase prices on products for consumers, are to get more manufacturing jobs in the U.S.. which will disappear in a decade because of automation.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    That's exactly it, but it's sad that most Americans don't see what's coming. Instead they get blinded by Trump & his entertaining twitter posts.

Trump's argument for his tariffs, which increase prices on products for consumers, are to get more manufacturing jobs in the U.S.. which will disappear in a decade because of automation.
    Yup, Trump is either stupid for believing he could bring back manufacturing jobs or he just bold face lied to the American people. I still don't get how older people who spent most of their lives working be against ubi. I guess they want to retain their integrity of having worked so hard and sacrifice so much time for money. But I am sure that they will look back and wonder where the time went and why they didn't do much more with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    His basic plan is try give every adult in the U.S. a basic income of $1,000 a month. That's pretty much going to come from companies like Amazon, who pay 0 taxes.

That 1K will be dumped back into the economy. With A.I. coming along, jobs will be lost. That's the reality.. but how is the economy going to stay afloat once people start losing their jobs? People argue that if everyone received 1k a month, they'd get lazy and not find jobs. Really? I can't imagine anyone being satisfied with 1k a month, but it would definitely help pay the bills in the event that you do lose your job.

Yeah he's been campaigning on that since he announced he was running, but that idea is not to combat AI, that idea is just to stimulate the economy and give folks a little extra money.

The idea is to regulate AI so that more jobs aren't lost. No one is going to survive on 12 thousand a year. That's just a stimulus package. A band-aid. The talk should be of regulation and of bringing more jobs back to America. At some point, manufacturing has to make a comeback here in the United States. As our population continues to explode with immigration the way it is, we are going to have to do something drastic and alarming to be able to survive.

Yeah he's been campaigning on that since he announced he was running, but that idea is not to combat AI, that idea is just to stimulate the economy and give folks a little extra money.

The idea is to regulate AI so that more jobs aren't lost. No one is going to survive on 12 thousand a year. That's just a stimulus package. A band-aid. The talk should be of regulation and of bringing more jobs back to America. At some point, manufacturing has to make a comeback here in the United States. As our population continues to explode with immigration the way it is, we are going to have to do something drastic and alarming to be able to survive.
    Sorry to say but manufacturing will not be making a come back. Everything is getting automated. Companies like Amazon are the future.. and that's just the beginning. There will be no more delivery jobs, truck drivers, taxis, Uber, etc.

Customer service jobs are also going away. You notice banks have less and less tellers? You walk into a Mcdonalds recently? They only have 1 or 2 tills opened now. What about supermarkets? People would rather go to self checkouts than cashiers.

The 1k is a band-aid.. but it may 1 day become the basic means to survive.

this is the wrong idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    this is the wrong idea.

I'm open to other ideas that still have Americans working a minimum of 40 hours a week for many years to come without having to sacrifice salary, position, and the ability to grow and expand.