Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ESPN still upset over 73% NBA players saying MJ is GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    FTFY.

Note: IMGUR images do not display on ISH, Jeff is too cheap to fix that bug.
    Kobe winning 2 FMVPs in Brons prime 👀

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

[QUOTE=The Iron Fist]He

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]You really getting laughs off players voting LeBron the second greatest player of all time like it

I love how SAS and Kellerman complain about recency bias of that poll when MJ retired 21 years ago

If anything, recency bias should be helping LeBron way more.

I don't care about the ESPN list but how was the question asked? Did they want people to make up a top 5 list or top 10 list? Or were people just flat out asked to name your GOAT? If it's the latter then it makes sense, MJ was a superior player to Bird, KAJ, Magic and everyone since...plenty of people old enough to have seen their primes still running around.There are less people around who watched prime Wilt, Russell, Baylor, West etc, these polls will not be too kind to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I love how SAS and Kellerman complain about recency bias of that poll when MJ retired 21 years ago

If anything, recency bias should be helping LeBron way more.

I don't care about the ESPN list but how was the question asked? Did they want people to make up a top 5 list or top 10 list? Or were people just flat out asked to name your GOAT? If it's the latter then it makes sense, MJ was a superior player to Bird, KAJ, Magic and everyone since...plenty of people old enough to have seen their primes still running around.There are less people around who watched prime Wilt, Russell, Baylor, West etc, these polls will not be too kind to them.