Thread: Kevin Durant MADE Dubs add 1st round pick to D-Lo sign and trade

Exclamation Kevin Durant MADE Dubs add 1st round pick to D-Lo sign and trade

Warriors had to add 1st-rd pick to sign and trade because KD "balked" at the idea of being dealt straight-up for DLO, per ESPN and Bleacher Report.

Uhmm....what? What in the actual ****, let's break this down.

Did the Warriors HAVE to add this pick because KD directly told them to (in which case...I'm at a loss for words) or did he instruct the Nets to not do the sign and trade UNLESS they also got a 1st round pick from the Warriors, in which case he would be doing a service for his new team.

But even then what the ****, since when do players have a say in DRAFT PICKS being included in a deal? I get it, sign and trades players have a little bit more leverage due to not being tied down to a team contract...but this is just strange.

SOURCE: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...angelo-russell

Default Re: Kevin Durant MADE Dubs add 1st round pick to D-Lo sign and trade

This isn't strange to anyone else?

NBA sixth man of the year

Best player in the league. He's smart. They took a first round pick that they can package to strengthen his new team.

NBA sixth man of the year NBAGOAT's Avatar

little bit of insecurity depending of your interpretation but it was smart. he's got no obligation to help the warriors now even if it's not honorable.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

I honestly think he was offended at the look of a 1-1 swap D'Angelo Russell for Kevin Durant, since he feels he's much better than D'Angelo. I have my doubts that he was just trying to help his new team.

One last FU to the warriors

NBA sixth man of the year

Hopefully his career doesn't get back on track.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Best player in the league. He's smart. They took a first round pick that they can package to strengthen his new team.
    Yup. As a free agent he has the right to not participate in the sign-and-trade. If they want his help they have to deal with his terms. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he did here. The reason being publicly bantered is silly but in the end he helped Brooklyn even more, and for the rest of his time there his job is to help Brooklyn, not the Warriors.

And that doesn't even take into account being pushed to come back from his injury too soon.