Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Would any of you actually be down for an actual in person ISH meetup?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    History lesson......

In the old days(im talking like 2001-02) ISH had nothing but NBA talk. We might make something off topic in the NBA forum if it was really news worthy. There was a 9/11 topic as you can imagine. But mostly it was just NBA. All the trolls eventually retuired the addtion of what was called(for reasons I dont remember) the smack forum. This is where you go to fight and troll to keep those guys from the main forum. The previously mentioned Charlie Bat was usually there. Gobb too if I recall.

But you couldnt have a conversation there. The only place you could really talk life....wasnt accessible for most posters. Im about to break the first rule of secret forum.....

There was a secret forum.

On ISH there was a forum only those deemed "elites" or whatever could see. For all you know there still is now....and you just cant see it. Anyway....it existed. You got voted in from the people already there. Think the Heisman. The existing "winners" had to vote you in. But it being so few it was slow. So there was no site wide way to talk life.

So another forum was created elsewhere which those in power here must have assumed was a bid to steal posters because I was banned briefly. ISH banned links to it and everything. Anyway....

Lot of the old vets did end up going there and never coming back here. Names that would mean nothing to you so I wont type them. Suffice it to say.....it was the off the court lounge of 17 years ago. Called "The lounge" in fact which I always assumed is why when ISH made this forum...they named it the Off the Court Lounge.

So.....small group of posters without many of the trolls....we all got to know eachother. Relationships jumped off. Off the top of my head....6 posters there were known to be involved with another poster. 1 of them....more than one. Me...being one of them(like 6 years after the other....though it was still awkward).

Weird things happened like an ISH piston fan who was supposed to be this cute thin girl turned out to be a really overweight one who wanted to be pretty online. Came clean....was mocked pretty brutally. Became a good friend of mine though. She got in great shape and lost the weight by running. Im talking....she ran marathons and showed us pics and video to prove it. As part of a series of tragic events later...she was possibly raped by a future NBA player I wont name...because shes dead now and no truth about it can come out anyway. Yes...shes dead. She killed herself leaving behind a 5 year old son. I talked to her all the time at one point but we lost touch. I always felt a little guilty. I kinda stopped taking her calls as often.....

In addition to that guys met up, the female posters met up several times, invites were given to weddings, we pretty much raised a 12 year old poster who by the time he was 20 was posting flip phone videos of hot latina girls riding him, played a lot of fantasy sports(I won fantasy football I think 4 times), actually paid out our bets like adults(Gobb bought me a jersey), and just eventually grew apart and everyone stopped posting.

I have literally 100K more posts there than here.

The only posters now who were there are I think Carbine, Eurobum, and Gobb. Johnnysic mad a name there but rarely posted. Thats probably it.

I talk to some of them. The woman who came to live with me just texted me in fact. I play them on 2k and madden and such....but none of us post anymore. Theres like a million archived posts over 15 years and its just ignored now.

cot damn. that's tight, ya'll had a secret forum.

sucks to hear about the girl tho. that's also why i don't like bullying and feel bad after i do it (usually in retaliation.

Default Re: Would any of you actually be down for an actual in person ISH meetup?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Coincidence...the first ISH meet up apparently happened 16 years ago almost to the day. From a topic on one of our women meeting another in texas:

^
    Later judged a wet T shirt contest with an asian Suns poster I still speak to now and then.
    kblaze's tidbit facts are GOAT level

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I miss some of them. The kid I mentioned? He was an ISH poster at like age 11 when the Heat drafted Wade. We dealt with all this kids middle school issues....talked to him about his home life and how ashamed he was of his immigrant parents at times. We would always mock him and pretend he was from whatever brown people country we could think of. But he stuck around till he was grown. He was running with some bad women and was some kinda area manager at Zara last I checked. He was one of about 3 Lounge children we internet raised.

We talked about how if the woman I was with had kids they would be the only pure bred ISH/loungers in world history. Never happened though.

And now im reading 10-15 year old posts like thats a good way to spend a saturday....

From a topic on gun collections posted

Shaft collection looks like the weakest set of guns ever. I want to break into his house right now. Wish he would pull those old ass grandpa hammers on me. I catch them bullets like Bruce Leroy and whup your ass. **** outta here for real. He could hold any 2 of them Lone Ranger lookin ass weapons and I'd feel the same. The gun Batman has I'd pause but considering he shaking I'd inch closer to him. The shit you got? I'm walkin right up on you and puttin you in the sleeper hold.

Prime gobb was quality.

GOBB used to be a dick. He grew up.

If I recall correctly, I remember "The Lounge" but ultimately there weren't enough posters for it to remain interesting.

Unrelated... all I remember really from way back in the day is playing in one fantasy league and kicking your ass along with everyone else.

I fleeced that guy KD aka Da KiD or whatever his name was into giving me Amar'e or Yao or some shit... I ended up with both. Pretty sure I drafted Grant Hill around 100 which was a huge pickup... he was struggling to even play at all after numerous injury years.

I really kept up hard with the league back in the day... not nearly as much any longer.

1-0 baby. Undefeated.

And before you bring up that Hang Time bullshit, I had a bullshit internet connection.

Florida internet sucked back then... it still sucks but it's way better than it was.

I was talking fantasy football. I only remember winning one fantasy basketball one.

And its not my fault you couldnt handle Scottie Pippen on hangtime. Im literally undefeated. If I picked the Bulls....vs ISH....I never lost. Must be like 30-0. I feel like I lost a few times.....but never with the Bulls. I had the screencaps on my old computer I used to pull out now and then to **** with you.

Internet connection.

Latency matters in online games.

My connection is 100 megs down or so and the best I can hope for in latency is still around 40 ms. If I were up around Virginia, NY, Pennsylvania, maybe even ATL, SC & NC... latency can be around 0 ms if you're in the right spot.

Back then my latency was probably 200. lol.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

taking in a bball game would be awesome.

Latency didn

lol, i remember when ish closed registration and i lurked around 2012-13... and i guess even before that i read so many old threads i became infatuated with ish...

it all looked fun. i was young lol.

many threads in which gobb clowned people hard

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

What's your phone number, OP?

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    What's your phone number, OP?
    Don't ask for that unless you also want me to put it in your butt.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Don't ask for that unless you also want me to put it in your butt.

It's all fun and games until the fat lady sings.