Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Poll: Best Metal Band of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Love them, gotta check it out.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Good album, although I still like The Dream Calls For Blood more for their newer stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    I take it we have a bunch of thrash fans here seeing as we got into a big discussion about Metallica, so what are some of your guys' favorite thrash bands and albums (outside of Metallica)? Bonus points for non-big 4.
    By the Big 4 you mean Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax...not a big Slayer fan myself, not a fan of the over the top Satanic overtones. I like some Testament, Sepultura and some Carcass. Early Exodus is cool too.

Overall more a classic metal fan, don't like much the Black/Death Metal bands, I like my metal with at least a hint of a melody (after all I consider the Beatles my GOAT), those bands just want to shock with their disgusting Satanic imagery and rotting corpses crap. Talentless hacks IMO.

The Satanism is the only good thing about those shitty bands

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    The Satanism is the only good thing about those shitty bands
    You can do great metal without that crappy satanism shit (Megadeth)...Black Sabbath are not satanists, they used those themes to tell a story through song, same with Iron Maiden etc but some of those Black metal bands profess to be satanists...I refuse to listen to those bands.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    You can do great metal without that crappy satanism shit (Megadeth)...Black Sabbath are not satanists, they used those themes to tell a story through song, same with Iron Maiden etc but some of those Black metal bands profess to be satanists...I refuse to listen to those bands.
    That's religious discrimination

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

All those bands sound like shit anyway.

Outside of a few Death Metal bands like Bolt Thrower, Morbid Angel, and Amon Amarth that play with a lot of melody and groove, the DM and BM genre is just a mess of screeching/growling vocals and crazy, unorganized guitar work.

And I do think the Satanic and dark imagery does hurt the genre too.

Lettuce bee cereous, Black Sabbath.
    Last edited by pauk; 07-17-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Overall more a classic metal fan, don't like much the Black/Death Metal bands, I like my metal with at least a hint of a melody (after all I consider the Beatles my GOAT), those bands just want to shock with their disgusting Satanic imagery and rotting corpses crap. Talentless hacks IMO.
    I’m not sure how they are all “talentless hacks” if many of them make good, well executed music. Lyrical content isn’t important to a lot of people (myself included), especially metal fans. Obviously, in something like hip-hop or folk, lyrics are more important. Personally I don’t care if music is satanic or done for shock value so long as I enjoy the music, since I ignore lyrics most of the time anyway. It’s also important to note that people aren’t necessarily satanists for writing satanic lyrics, I mean Slayer are devout Catholics and write their lyrics to be tongue and cheek.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Lettuce bee cereous, Black Sabbath.

Let us be serious, you don't listen to Metal.

What’s wrong with Satanism?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Shape
    Metal died when Guns N' Roses came along and people said, "Now THIS is talent"
    That makes more sense then saying that Nirvana killed metal (or, specifically, what I call Party Metal).

So many sub genres of metal its way to hard to choose one band.

Pantera? Static-X? Ghost? all different sounding bands all different types of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    So many sub genres of metal its way to hard to choose one band.

Pantera? Static-X? Ghost? all different sounding bands all different types of metal.
    Agreed. The best you can do is pick favorites from the different subgenres imo, as

Let us be serious, you don't listen to Metal.

Why not? I am no long haired skinny jeans all black sporting devil horn hand raising headbanger, but i love music and listen to any genre, as long as it sounds good to the ears... whatever it is... i love rock/metal, mostly old stuff, black sabbath is for me numero uno closely followed by iron maiden, metallica.. led zep (perhaps not metal but whatevs)... and then there are 100s of tracks from random bands i absolutely loved, black sabbath may be nr1 for me but they dont necessarily have even 1 of my top 5 all-time favorite metal tracks in there... you know... there are some bands albums i heard in which i disliked 99% of the tracks but that 1% is my all-time favorite metal/rock song... much of the Mot
    Last edited by pauk; 07-19-2019 at 06:42 AM.