Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Exclamation The beginnings of WW3? Iran shoots down US drone in international airspace

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=63825990

WATCH & READMore troops to head to Mideast as Iran tensions rise
    Iran shoots down American drone in international airspace, US official confirms
    By LUIS MARTINEZ
    Jun 20, 2019, 2:27 AM ET
    Email

PHOTO: The Northrop Grumman-built Triton unmanned aircraft system completed its first flight from the companys manufacturing facility in Palmdale, Calif. PlayU.S. Navy photo courtesy of Northrop Grumman by Bob Brown
    WATCH More troops to head to Mideast as Iran tensions rise
    In a major provocation, Iran shot down an unarmed and unmanned U.S. Navy MQ-4C Triton drone while it was flying in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz Thursday, a U.S. official told ABC News.

The incident is sure to trigger serious discussions within the Trump administration about how to respond to a direct attack on a U.S. military asset that goes beyond recent attacks in the Middle East that the U.S. has blamed on Iran.

Default Re: The beginnings of WW3? Iran shoots down US drone in international airspace

are we sure it was Iran? cuz Japan called us out on the oil tanker thing.

Default Re: The beginnings of WW3? Iran shoots down US drone in international airspace

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    are we sure it was Iran? cuz Japan called us out on the oil tanker thing.
    Well they said they did it for one

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    Well they said they did it for one
    i didn't read the article, just making sure

over an UAV? Dont think so, but we are getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    over an UAV? Dont think so, but we are getting there.
    That UAV cost almost 200 million dollars. Twice the price of an F-35 fighter jet

That UAV cost almost 200 million dollars. Twice the price of an F-35 fighter jet
    so? is there a dollar amount at which point your robotic airplane is worth starting a war over?

US says international airspace, they say Iranian airspace; so this won't be nearly enough of provocation. Probably results in another round of multi-billion dollar arms sales to the Arabs and addition of a few more thousand US troops in the region.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Isn't Iran supposed to violate the nuclear deal or has already violated it?

You sure about that? I remember I was working at a place that makes drones and a guy told me it was about 1-2 million for it. I think even the bigger models wouldn't be 100 times the price.

Maybe including the price of r&d.

If Trump starts shit with Iran, he will surely lose the election. Americans don't want another war and I don't believe they'll be able to sell it as effectively as last time unless there's a major terrorist attack in the US and they sucker people into believing Iran was behind. Iran isn't stupid enough to attack the US, it would have to be some false flag operation. Wouldn't put it past this administration though

Last time, the US government was able to hoodwink the people into supporting the wars in the ME but a lot has changed since then, people now get their news from other sources and they would not fall in line with the narrative the mass media would push, encouraged from the White House. Everyone is now online, that wasn't the case in the early 2000's

Why are we having this conversation though? I thought Trump was anti interventionist? Having Bolton in his administration is a major red flag.
    Last edited by TheMan; 06-20-2019 at 11:37 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    If Trump starts shit with Iran, he will surely lose the election. Americans don't want another war and I don't believe they'll be able to sell it as effectively as last time unless there's a major terrorist attack in the US and they sucker people into believing Iran was behind. Iran isn't stupid enough to attack the US, it would have to be some false flag operation. Wouldn't put it past this administration though

Last time, the US government was able to hoodwink the people into supporting the wars in the ME but a lot has changed since then, people now get their news from other sources and they would not fall in line with the narrative the mass media would push, encouraged from the White House. Everyone is now online, that wasn't the case in the early 2000's

Why are we having this conversation though? I thought Trump was anti interventionist? Having Bolton in his administration is a major red flag.
    China and NK are meeting, sure Putin is behind all this.

Yeah Trump isn't a warmonger, but he sure hires a lot of them. This administration is just itching to start a war with Iran.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Let the you know who