Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    And you interpret this as racist? You interpret this as his disdain and hatred and superiority to any person who is not White?
    The two sole black GOP members in the House and Senate found the comments racially offensive as well.

Rep. Will Hurd (R, Texas 23rd District)

Those tweets are racist, and xenophobic… It’s also behavior that’s unbecoming of the leader of the free world. He should be talking about things that unite, not divide us.”
    Sen. Tim Scott (R, South Carolina)

The President interjected with unacceptable personal attacks and racially offensive language. No matter our political disagreements, aiming for the lowest common denominator will only divide the nation further.
    Even other members of Congress have interpreted his comments as racist or highly offensive.

Rep. Mike Turner (R, Ohio 10th District)

I am confident that every Member of Congress is a committed American. @realDonaldTrump’s tweets from this weekend were racist and he should apologize. We must work as a country to rise above hate, not enable it.
    Rep. Pete Olson (R, Texas 22nd District)

The Tweet President Trump posted over the weekend about fellow Members of Congress are not reflective of the values of the 1,000,000+ people in Texas 22. We are proud to be the most diverse Congressional district in America. I urge our President immediately disavow his comments.
    Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R, Alaska)

There is no excuse for the president’s spiteful comments –they were absolutely unacceptable and this needs to stop. We have enough challenges addressing the humanitarian crises both at our borders and around the world. Instead of digging deeper into the mud with personal, vindictive insults—we must demand a higher standard of decorum and decency.
    Sen. Joni Ernst (R, Iowa)

Asked by Politico if she thinks the president’s tweets were racist, Ernst said, “Yes, I do. They are American citizens.”
    Those are Republicans who have every reason to give Trump a pass. Something about these specific statements and the targets have made it hard for them to give him a pass this time around.

How has he managed to work with people of all races throughout his life and visit different countries if he’s a blatant racist? If he’s a racist, you would think he’d want nothing to do with these people. You guys are the race and racism experts so I would hope you could explain this to me.
    Unlike others, I'm not calling Trump a racist, but his comments about those 4 Congresswomen were racially charged and can be interpreted as racist. First, you don't need to be a racist to make a racist comment. Second, before I start pulling out historical examples, are you saying that someone who is racist can't work with or interact with people of other races? Lol, is that the argument you're going with? A cursory examination of our nation's history should reveal how asinine that argument is on its face, but I'm happy to destroy it if that's what you'd like. Let me know.

So using your logic, he’s not racist had he just singled out Rep. Omar since she’s actually from that shithole called Somalia?
    I just pulled out Pressley as an example. I see that you'd like to avoid that example as much as possible. You tell me... do you think telling an American citizen who is duly elected to Congress and black, to, for all intents and purposes, go back to Africa not racially charged and not easily interpreted as a racist comment? Because as I outlined above, some Republican members of Congress certainly interpret it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    he said gtfo here if you hate this place so much .. nothing more nothing less .. if you think that's 'racist' that's on you .. dems try to make EVERYTHING a race issue .. everything .. you talk about donuts they'll find a way to make it about race ... people are sick of that shit
    A lot of Republicans see racial issues with Trump's comments as well. I posted a few responses from Republicans above. I can post them again if that would be instructive for you.

oh boy, i look forward to patrick's very well thought out reply with a counter point to all of max's points...yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    "if you criticize this country, you need to get out of the country"

so about that freedom of speech...
    Trump has criticized the country and previous Presidents pretty extensively in the past. It's not an argument that makes much sense coming from him.

Again, critique of government is intrinsically American and dates back to well before the Revolutionary War. People don't know their history.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    The two sole black GOP members in the House and Senate found the comments racially offensive as well.

Even other members of Congress have interpreted his comments as racist or highly offensive.

Those are Republicans who have every reason to give Trump a pass. Something about these specific statements and the targets have made it hard for them to give him a pass this time around.

Unlike others, I'm not calling Trump a racist, but his comments about those 4 Congresswomen were racially charged and can be interpreted as racist. First, you don't need to be a racist to make a racist comment. Second, before I start pulling out historical examples, are you saying that someone who is racist can't work with or interact with people of other races? Lol, is that the argument you're going with? A cursory examination of our nation's history should reveal how asinine that argument is on its face, but I'm happy to destroy it if that's what you'd like. Let me know.

I just pulled out Pressley as an example. I see that you'd like to avoid that example as much as possible. You tell me... do you think telling an American citizen who is duly elected to Congress and black, to, for all intents and purposes, go back to Africa not racially charged and not easily interpreted as a racist comment? Because as I outlined above, some Republican members of Congress certainly interpret it as such.

I'm glad you're not calling him a racist. That word has become so perverted over these last few years that it's lost its true meaning. The racist accusation is just a weapon to shut your opponent down now. We are not a racist country. We are an inclusive country. Yet time and time again the same tricksters bring up race as a tool to keep the feeble minded divided among one another to the point where we are at today.

And the opinion of a couple of Black Republican Congressmen is irrelevant. They have to say something. They have to put on a show for their constituents and for the press.

It's depressing that we finally have a President who is the antithesis of your prototypical politician that the masses say they cannot stand, yet here everyone is crucifying him.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    oh boy, i look forward to patrick's very well thought out reply with a counter point to all of max's points...yeah right

Do you contribute anything besides anti-White and anti-Police videos?

Do you contribute anything besides anti-White and anti-Police videos?
    we've discussed this before, except you're not interested in putting out a proper response.

you just glossed over max's very well put response with an opinion. you're not interested in discussing politics patty, you're here to state your opinion and dip.

Watch out guys you're arguing with Patrick Chewing here, he mastered the art of acting clueless. He can literally sit here and act like he doesnt understand how telling a group of american black people to go back to Africa can be perceived as a racist comment.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Trump's base does not care if he lies to them or take's their health care away.
    Trump validates their racism and that is everything to them.

Trump has criticized the country and previous Presidents pretty extensively in the past. It's not an argument that makes much sense coming from him.

Again, critique of government is intrinsically American and dates back to well before the Revolutionary War. People don't know their history.
    If his comment are so obviously racist, why don

[QUOTE=NumberSix]If his comment are so obviously racist, why don

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

People in this thread trying to justify blatant racism

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    People in this thread trying to justify blatant racism
    They defend anything Trump says so it's not surprising

I'm glad you're not calling him a racist. That word has become so perverted over these last few years that it's lost its true meaning. The racist accusation is just a weapon to shut your opponent down now. We are not a racist country. We are an inclusive country. Yet time and time again the same tricksters bring up race as a tool to keep the feeble minded divided among one another to the point where we are at today.

And the opinion of a couple of Black Republican Congressmen is irrelevant. They have to say something. They have to put on a show for their constituents and for the press.

It's depressing that we finally have a President who is the antithesis of your prototypical politician that the masses say they cannot stand, yet here everyone is crucifying him.
    When Trump says things that are viewed as racially offensive by even those in his party, he has a responsibility to watch what he says and moderate his rhetoric. It also then becomes difficult to play the victim with claims that the other side is playing politics when even those on his side (black and white lawmakers alike) find his comments offensive and him to be peddling in racially charged language.

Now it's easy to dismiss the views of the one black Congressman and one black Senator in the party as irrelevant, but that's simply indicative of how little their opinions and concerns matter to many of you and likely to Trump. I take it the opinions of the other Republican lawmakers who have condemned Trump's comments are irrelevant as well... and by extension, the opinions and views of many of their constituents.

That's the great thing about all of this. Trump, and some of you guys, are so reflexively defensive and so steeped in delusion, that sense and reasoning consistently elude you. Even in cases like this where there are clear and obvious problems with something he has said, he and you, are sure to double down. Some of you are still defending his comments from Charlottesville. It's the gift that keeps on giving for those who oppose Trump, but you guys are too oblivious to see it. The Democrats were busy bickering among themselves just last week... now here they are united again, and with many Republicans agreeing with them on this particular matter.

Oh, and don't think I didn't notice that you were unable to address Trump's comments and why even some Republicans have condemned them and view them as racist. You also completely sidestepped the points I made in my reply to you, likely because you really don't have a cogent argument to make... only opinions to voice. It's weaksauce, but given what you're trying to defend, and how shaky your argument was, I can understand your desire to take your L and move on. I'm not mad at you.

I've already addressed why his comments can be perceived as racist.
    I’m not asking you to explain why you think it might be race-ist. I’m asking you to explain how his tweet pertains to race at all.

Shouldn’t be difficult. If it is racist, it by definition must pertain to race in some way. What is the inference to race?