Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Cop gets $2,500 for PTSD monthly for the rest of his life.For killing unarmed man

White cops getting so bold they know they can now get away with killing white males too.Hmmmm i wonder if the trump fam are still gonna blame the victim when its not a minority begging and pleading for his life before being shot dead???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYRRSdjdcbo Murder is @ the end of the video

Philip Brailsford is a former Arizona Police officer who was acquitted for the murder of an innocent man in 2017. Brailsford walked free even though body camera footage clearly showed that he had no reason to fire his weapon, ultimately murdering Daniel Shaver.

Now, to add insult to injury, the officer was temporarily rehired by the city in order to receive disability. Brailsford was approved for medical retirement after claiming that killing a man gave him PTSD. He will now receive over $2,500 per month for the rest of his life.

The city of Mesa has also agreed to spend up to $3 million defending him in court and paying lawsuit settlements resulting from the murder. Brailsford will likely have no problem securing another job in law enforcement after the department gave him a “neutral recommendation,” which will show on future employment references. Although thanks to medical retirement, he will never have to work another day in his life if he doesn’t want to.

Daniel Shaver was staying at a hotel while traveling for business and had a pellet gun with him that he showed to another guest at the hotel. The Mesa Police were called after someone saw him with the pellet gun, even though Arizona is an open-carry state where gun ownership is fairly commonplace. Furthermore, Shaver had a job as an exterminator and used the pellet gun for killing pests.

Officer Brailsford soon arrived on the scene to investigate the report. However, instead of investigating, Brailsford immediately escalated the situation and told Shaver to leave the hotel room and go into the hallway, on his knees. At that point, Shaver was not holding the pellet gun and Brailsford gave him a series of conflicting and confusing commands, essentially telling the man to crawl while keeping his hands up.

“If you make a mistake, another mistake, there is a very severe possibility you’re both going to get shot … if you move, we are going to consider that a threat, and we are going to deal with it, and you may not survive it,” the officer can be heard saying in the video.

Brailsford can be heard giving Shaver conflicting orders, such as “do not put your hands down for any reason,” followed by, “your hands go back in the small of your back or down, we are going to shoot you, do you understand me?”

As Shaver crawled toward the officer, he instinctively reached back to pull up his drooping pants. That’s when Brailsford opened fire, shooting him multiple times from a short distance away.

There was disturbing evidence in the case that the jury was not allowed to see before making their decision, including the fact that the officer had a very threatening message inscribed on the gun he used to take Shaver’s life.

Two words were written on the dust cover of the AR-15 rifle that was used in the murder, and those words were “You’re ****ed.”

A statement from the city of Mesa obtained by ABC15 explained how Brailsford got the deal:

“Philip ‘Mitch’ Brailsford was terminated by the Mesa Police Department on March 21, 2016. Mr. Brailsford, through his attorney, requested an appeal of his dismissal on March 22, 2016. The appeal was held in abeyance until the criminal case against Mr. Brailsford was concluded. On December 7, 2017, Mr. Brailsford was acquitted. On August 23, 2018, a settlement agreement between the City of Mesa and Mr. Brailsford allowed him to file for accidental disability and a medical retirement with the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System Local Board. This agreement eliminated the need for a Mesa Personnel Appeals Board hearing. During the time that Mr. Brailsford was making his application for medical retirement, he was not paid and was not assigned any police officer duties. The one-year timeframe to apply for an accidental disability pension began for Mr. Brailsford once the trial concluded. The PSPRS Local Board determined that Mr. Brailsford met the qualifications for medical retirement citing information provided by multiple independent medical professionals. Mr. Brailsford is now medically retired through PSPRS.”
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 07-20-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Default Re: Cop gets $2,500 for PTSD monthly for the rest of his life.For killing unarmed man

It's been said time and again, but this isn't solely a matter of race. We need to ensure that our officers who have sworn to serve and protect are properly trained to handle and deescalate situations. There is absolutely no reason this man should have lost his life.

Default Re: Cop gets $2,500 for PTSD monthly for the rest of his life.For killing unarmed man

for cop dick suckers like patty and shogun, this cop killed an unarmed white male. his rifle has

we had a thread on this dude already, maybe a year or 2 ago

huge piece of shit

honestly legit psycho

original thread had good posts, this is one of them:
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...39&postcount=4

jeff the shit stain deleted it among the mass deletion

That cop is nothing more than a sadistic psychopath. He deserves to be tortured and killed.

police unions are very powerful in 'murrica. plus with the protection of the doj and other gov entities, getting convictions against officers- even in obvious misconduct cases with ample evidence (see: garner, eric for the most recent example), is damn near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    for cop dick suckers like patty and shogun, this cop killed an unarmed white male. his rifle has “you’re fvcked” engraved on it.

you’re telling me has PTSD walking around with a rifle that has that engraved on it?

this is exactly why i say police unions have too much power.
    No, dumbass.

I've seen the footage... this cop was clearly nuts.

But you think almost every single cop shooting is unjustified when that's simply not the case. You are a low self esteem minority who feels marginalized and your outlet is police officers.

Your contention is that almost every time someone gets shot it's because it's a dirty cop.

My contention is that almost every time someone gets shot it's because they were an uncooperative piece of shit.

The word almost is a vital word to each of those sentences, you utter dipshit moron. And by the way, I'm right, you're wrong. And deep down, you know I'm right, which is why you won't do ridealongs, because you need your emotional outlet. You are emotionally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    police unions are very powerful in 'murrica. plus with the protection of the doj and other gov entities, getting convictions against officers- even in obvious misconduct cases with ample evidence (see: garner, eric for the most recent example), is damn near impossible.
    Eric Garner brought everything he had on himself.

You are a complete ****ing retard if you don't understand two things.

1) He was uncooperative and combative.

2) He was a mammoth of a human being, and as such, and given that 1 is true, in order to subdue him for their own safety, they needed multiple officers in order to make that happen. Irate uncooperative suspects that are gigantic are very difficult to take down by 1 guy.

HE DINDU NUFFIN DOE! LOL!!! You idiot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

He had

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    [URL="https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2014/dec/03/nypds-use-force-policy-explicity-forbids-chokehold/"][B]"Members of the New York City Police Department will NOT use chokeholds. A chokehold shall include, but is not limited to, any pressure to the throat or windpipe, which may prevent or hinder breathing or reduce intake of air."

[QUOTE=SomeBlackDude][URL="https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2014/dec/03/nypds-use-force-policy-explicity-forbids-chokehold/"][B]"Members of the New York City Police Department will NOT use chokeholds. A chokehold shall include, but is not limited to, any pressure to the throat or windpipe, which may prevent or hinder breathing or reduce intake of air."

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    And?
    Medical Examiner Testifies Eric Garner Died of Asthma Caused by Officer’s Chokehold

The doctor who performed an autopsy said Officer Daniel Pantaleo choked Mr. Garner with enough force to cause internal bleeding in his neck.

The doctor who performed an autopsy on Eric Garner testified on Wednesday that a police officer choked him with enough force that it triggered a “lethal cascade” of events, ending in a fatal asthma attack.

The doctor, Floriana Persechino, said the officer’s chokehold and the compression of Mr. Garner’s chest during his arrest on Staten Island in 2014 “set into motion a lethal sequence.”

Though Mr. Garner had high blood pressure and chronic asthma, Dr. Persechino, a veteran city medical examiner, stood by her finding that his death was a homicide caused by the officer’s use of force. “The chokehold is a significant initial factor of the cascade,” she said.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    I don't know how many times it has to be said... but I'm going to say it again...

You don't get to say "I didn't do anything" and expect a cop's response to be "Oh? You didn't? Well, that's my fault. I apologize sir. I'll just be on my way now. Ha ha! I need to check my racism because you're not white!"

If that's what you want, we might as well not even have a police force. You know how many people admit to doing things in the heat of the moment? LMFAO. The extreme vast majority lie their asses off.

And with a guy that big, you've got to expect they're going to try to do whatever they can to subdue him without just straight up shooting his ass. It is what it is. You're clearly someone that has not been in a physical confrontation with literally anyone in your entire life, much less someone that much physically bigger than yourself.

It is possible that the cops used methods that were against policy, but that doesn't make them murderers, and it's pretty clear they didn't set out for the guy to die. He died because he was extremely non cooperative and because he was massively overweight and out of shape.

You can argue that because they broke policy even for a second some punishment should have been handed down, but fired? No way. Not even for a second.

Those cops tried talking to him extensively before force was utilized.

The doctor who performed an autopsy said Officer Daniel Pantaleo choked Mr. Garner with enough force to cause internal bleeding in his neck.
    Pretty gruesome.