Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why do people move to the U.S. and then fly the flag from their country of origin?

Default Re: Why do people move to the U.S. and then fly the flag from their country of origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    I care. It's divisive and stupid to fly the flag of your country of birth. If you're so proud of the fact that you're from there, why are you here?

You literally rage about cops every day. Every. single. day.
    What a fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king retarded post. How is it divisive to be proud of your heritage? I am 5th generation and I am still proud of my predominately Irish heritage

Default Re: Why do people move to the U.S. and then fly the flag from their country of origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    An American retiring to Mexico because of the weather or women or whatever reason is basically saying "I value my existence here in Mexico more than my existence in the United States."

Which in itself is perfectly fine, I'm totally ok with that, as anyone should be. What I don't understand is why if that guy thinks America is so great to the point that he felt the need to fly the flag, that he chose to move to Mexico.

It's contradictory idiocy.

Flying both, I can even get behind that. All good. But just flying your birth flag in a foreign country is stupid.
    4th of July recently just happened and a retired American dude I happen to know threw a carne asada and a bunch of Americans (along with Mexicans) were invited...long story short, American flags were waved, country music was played and fireworks were exploded.

None of his neighbors batted an eye, a few of them just gave us some curious looks as if these loco gringos but thats it...the party went well into the night, this is an upscale residential area that has strict rules against loud music past 1am yet no one called the cops on these gringos. Thats another beef I have with Americans, they call the cops on absolutely the stupidest shit ever

No need to be so insecure bruh

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

What's wrong with them doing so. does it offend you?

Pride maybe?