View Poll Results: Better win?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manny P

    6 54.55%
  • Floyd

    5 45.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

  1. #1
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    whose win is much better?

  2. #2
    Very good NBA starter dude77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8,816

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    really ? how do they even compare .. canelo wasn't supposed to beat fw anyways

  3. #3
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    really ? how do they even compare .. canelo wasn't supposed to beat fw anyways
    both undefeated fighters lost their 0

    and a 40 yr old past prime wasn't supposed to beat a prime 30 yr old welter champ either

  4. #4
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish
    both undefeated fighters lost their 0

    and a 40 yr old past prime wasn't supposed to beat a prime 30 yr old welter champ either
    Both fighters struggled though on their previous fights. Thurman came from a long layoff and Josesito almost took him out. Canelo cant get past Trout job and he was gassing by middle rounds until Trout have to go all in after a wide score in championship rounds.

    Canelo is at different level right now. The green version was having trouble with Trout of the world and was almost KO by Cotto lil brother. Now he

  5. #5
    ... iamgine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,407

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Both were expected to win. Personally I saw Floyd's win as better because:

    - More dominant win
    - Canelo was the bigger guy
    - I saw Canelo as a very decent threat at the time

  6. #6
    for your health Prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,847

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Boxing is garbage, just watch mixed martial arts. Superior sport with less corruption.

  7. #7
    ... iamgine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,407

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Boxing is garbage, just watch mixed martial arts. Superior sport with less corruption.
    Both are good, we can watch both.

    Bad things about pro boxing is that sometimes the judges are questionable.

  8. #8
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    [QUOTE=Rooster]Both fighters struggled though on their previous fights. Thurman came from a long layoff and Josesito almost took him out. Canelo cant get past Trout job and he was gassing by middle rounds until Trout have to go all in after a wide score in championship rounds.

    Canelo is at different level right now. The green version was having trouble with Trout of the world and was almost KO by Cotto lil brother. Now he

  9. #9
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Both were expected to win. Personally I saw Floyd's win as better because:

    - More dominant win
    - Canelo was the bigger guy
    - I saw Canelo as a very decent threat at the time
    Canelo was too green for Floyd. Also Canelo was a bit weight drained & that was a catchweight fight

  10. #10
    Verticle? plowking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    We goin' Sizzler
    Posts
    28,031

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Canelo is so much better than Thurman.

    Not close. As in, not a discussion.

  11. #11
    ... iamgine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,407

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish
    Canelo was too green for Floyd. Also Canelo was a bit weight drained & that was a catchweight fight
    yes. points still stands.

  12. #12
    NBA lottery pick PistonsFan#21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,538

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    The "green version" of Canelo had already 43 fights and multiple belts on his resume. He's had just 12 fights since then. He was a better fighter than current Keith Thurman no doubt. Obviously he's more polished now but it wasn't his first rodeo.

    People were saying back then that Floyd wouldn't take the risk to fight a young, strong champion boxer like Canelo. Its only after he outboxed him for 12 straight rounds that they started making excuses as to why he won again. They couldnt handle his undefeated, black, rich and cocky personna.

  13. #13
    ... iamgine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,407

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    The "green version" of Canelo had already 43 fights and multiple belts on his resume. He's had just 12 fights since then. He was a better fighter than current Keith Thurman no doubt. Obviously he's more polished now but it wasn't his first rodeo.

    People were saying back then that Floyd wouldn't take the risk to fight a young, strong champion boxer like Canelo. Its only after he outboxed him for 12 straight rounds that they started making excuses as to why he won again. They couldnt handle his undefeated, black, rich and cocky personna.
    Indeed, it was a major boost to Floyd's reputation. At least to me.

  14. #14
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish
    solid post

    Canelo was a bit weight drained that time & too green for Floyd

    you mean Matthew Hatton, not Cotto's brother
    Nah it was Miguel Cotto lil brother . He had Canelo by the ropes and landed an almost a one hitter quitter and put Canelo on a queer street.

    I don

  15. #15
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Pacquiao's W over Thurman or Mayweather's W over Canelo

    Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    The "green version" of Canelo had already 43 fights and multiple belts on his resume. He's had just 12 fights since then. He was a better fighter than current Keith Thurman no doubt. Obviously he's more polished now but it wasn't his first rodeo.

    People were saying back then that Floyd wouldn't take the risk to fight a young, strong champion boxer like Canelo. Its only after he outboxed him for 12 straight rounds that they started making excuses as to why he won again. They couldnt handle his undefeated, black, rich and cocky personna.
    Thurman's resume was much better compared to Canelo pre-Mayweather fight

    Keith beat Danny Garcia & Shawn Porter, while Canelo had Mosley (who lost to Floyd), Josesito Lopez

    And no one in their right mind would bet that someone as green as Canelo could beat a veteran p4p#1 in Mayweather. They're just hyping up Canelo to sell that fight
    Last edited by Bawkish; 07-23-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •