Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: US is about to be embarassed in World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Smh, what happened to stars representing the country? Will we ever have a team as legendary as the Jordan led 1992 team or the Kobe led 2008 team?
    This dude is the biggest closet Kobetard lol.

Gonna have to recruit players from ISH to handle this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    This dude is the biggest closet Kobetard lol.

Dude, you can't give Kobe credit for anything he's ever done in his career...Even if you think he's only the 12th best player of all time, do you understand what the **** you have to do to be regarded as that?

Yall say he was carried to his first 3 titles...cool. Then Gasol carried him in 09 and 10....alright. He didn't deserve his only MVP in 2008....got it. He didn't lead the 2008 olympic team to a gold medal....uhhh, ok to that to.

So HOW the **** did he become one of the best to ever play this game if he was always below par to another player? Every top 20 player was at SOME point in time the best player in the league. How the **** is Kobe up there if, by your allegations, he never was the top dog?

Of his entire career, all 20 seasons of it..he was never better than he was from 2007-2010. What is so damn crazy about saying he led that team? Both as a leader and as an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    No Cousins is a great thing.
    It's hard to say how good he is right now, he's a better scorer than Turner but gets washed on defense by quick guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Dude, you can't give Kobe credit for anything he's ever done in his career...Even if you think he's only the 12th best player of all time, do you understand what the **** you have to do to be regarded as that?

Yall say he was carried to his first 3 titles...cool. Then Gasol carried him in 09 and 10....alright. He didn't deserve his only MVP in 2008....got it. He didn't lead the 2008 olympic team to a gold medal....uhhh, ok to that to.

So HOW the **** did he become one of the best to ever play this game if he was always below par to another player? Every top 20 player was at SOME point in time the best player in the league. How the **** is Kobe up there if, by your allegations, he never was the top dog?

Of his entire career, all 20 seasons of it..he was never better than he was from 2007-2010. What is so damn crazy about saying he led that team? Both as a leader and as an athlete.
    Bolded is false, I don't believe any of it. You're getting all defensive and melting down because I don't worship your God. I'm not a Kobe hater, I just call out bullshit when I see it.

Wade was the best player on the 2008 team with Lebron being right there with him, also debateble as the best. Kobe was 3rd best.

Taking defense into account?

With crunch-time play AND leadership?

Kobe was the best player. Bean changed that losing culture quick, and the US haven't looked back.

Very good NBA starter

the team is in transition.

Westbrook, Harden, Curry, etc are all 31 and preserving their bodies.

Some of the younger superstars like AD are injury prone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Joe Vardon: Kevin Love called Gregg Popovich 20 minutes ago and told him he is withdrawing from Team USA, Love told me

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Taking defense into account?

With crunch-time play AND leadership?

Kobe was the best player. Bean changed that losing culture quick, and the US haven't looked back.
    You act like Kobe was a god defensively while Wade/Lebron were slouches or something. They were all on the same tier defensively that year.

Kobe didn't change shit. 2004 was a horribly constructed team with newbie Lebron/Wade.

I'm not saying Kobe was trash, he was clearly top 3, but to act like he "changed the culture" or was the clear best player is just dumb.

If Kobe wasn't there to provide his leadership/intangibles/defense/clutch scoring they would've won bronze again.

Y'all nerds can keep watching basketball on statsheets though.

You act like Kobe was a god defensively while Wade/Lebron were slouches or something. They were all on the same tier defensively that year.

Kobe didn't change shit. 2004 was a horribly constructed team with newbie Lebron/Wade.

I'm not saying Kobe was trash, he was clearly top 3, but to act like he "changed the culture" or was the clear best player is just dumb.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

"Kobe was obviously on top, and Bron wanted to get there,” says Bosh. “We all wanted to get there.”

“I don’t know if LeBron would say this, and I’m not going to put words in his mouth,” adds Boeheim, “but I felt Kobe raised the level of everybody, especially on the defensive end. If we had a weakness in 2006, it was on the defensive end. We weren’t committed. In 2007 and 2008, we were much better there, and I think Kobe was responsible for a lot of that.”
    I'm not "acting" like Kobe changed the culture, you clown. He DID change the culture.

Yet Kobe was All-Defense 1st team that year while Lebron and Wade both failed to make either team...

But yea. They were on the same tier

Guys there is NO debating with people that watch on statsheets. It's simply just not possible. Save your energy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Guys there is NO debating with people that watch on statsheets. It's simply just not possible. Save your energy.
    Yeah those that actually watched the games know that it was all about Wade and James

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Yeah those that actually watched the games know that it was all about Wade and James
    Why did they get bronze before Kobe?