Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default First things first....RIP to the old head. But it makes me think....

...how bad must it feel to have been truly great...then turn into a scrub?

Im sure this guy was never great....but I bet that dropstep/touch em up with the elbow shaq signature worked pretty well for him in pickup games in 1993.....

Damn....thats a moment thats hard to live down.

For pros? It might be even worse....not the money helps no doubt. I remember Barkley talking about Popeye Jones busting his ass when he was old. Steve Smith saying Jamal Crawford retired him with one move.

Im not sure who the resident old head of the league is right now.....Vince id say....but he aged with grace. Hes not out there embarrassing himself. Plus the league has become so soft and offense based 40 year old Jamal Crawford dropped 51 this year and only had to take 30 shots to do it. So the old guys who turn into just spot up shooters dont look old the way guys like Moses Malone did....or Ewing on the Magic. Not as embarrassing....and the vet minimums are good padding for that post basketball life......but it still must suck.

It sucks for me playing and not being able to call for a lob anymore. When youre 19 and pretty athletic and a little tall you throw your hand up someone will throw it up there even if they dont know you can go get it. They throw it up there on faith. You get just deep into your 30s where you have arthritis and cramping just from standing up too fast....you put your hand up to call for the ball in the post.

So I feel for my man who got rejected and felt a need to throw hands at a child. He probably intended to bust his ass on the post and all his hoop dreams took their last breath all at once. Thats gonna be Lebron throwing punches at some kid born in 2006 if he goes through with his plan to stay in the league to play against his son.

Default Re: First things first....RIP to the old head. But it makes me think....

You picked out a random gif of a guy losing his cool. Most his age against that competition are just brushing the dirt off their shoulders knowing that they've put the ball through the hoop 20x more than those who they are playing against and that there are zero guarantees that those young kids they are playing against will even live long enough to put the ball through the hoop as many times as they did.

Default Re: First things first....RIP to the old head. But it makes me think....

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    compare first game back from a ruptured achilles to just being old

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    compare first game back from a ruptured achilles to just being old
    I just wanted to post that.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

This is what i'm going to do to you and that fk nikka realmenweargreen if i ever see you two, on God it's on sight

stay out my threads!

Old f'er never even dribbled. Traveling all over the court. Elbows a kid and gets his shit swatted.

Only good thing about this clip is the racial harmony shown by the kids in taking some swings at his bitch ass.

Edit: Damn, they actually connected. Good for them.

What a sore loser crybaby bitch. inb4 "keyboard warrior" but I would beat the shit out of that guy if I was that kid.

Very good NBA starter

Who is that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Who is that guy?
    Some loser that can

Kobe haters have become mental from insecurity

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

that video is really making the rounds i love it

"touch em up wit the bow"

then have fun

dude is a real bitch for hard fouling him like that in a pick up game btw
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 07-23-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Much as Shaq got hated on for it you know the real worst offender of the arm hook drop step? Chris Webber.

Chris Webber elbow hooked his way to the rim on about 30% of all his dunks in the 90s.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid
    that video is really making the rounds i love it

"touch em up wit the bow"

then

dude is a real bitch for hard fouling him like that in a pick up game btw

shaq never touched d rob

he on skates

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

the other white boy pussied out... just stood there

damn that other black kid Tee'ed him up haha... black people have good punching coordination.