Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why should I vote like you do?

I spent most of my life playing music, doing drugs, chasing physical gratification, watching sports, etc... I never wanted to pay attention to politics because I was ignorant.

As a man now in my thirties, I finally see that it was wrong of me for all these years to remain ignorant as such. Politics is, unfortunately, the most important thing to be informed about. I see that now.

This is your chance, whatever your political leanings may be, to truly influence an actual moderate... a nearly blank slate... to perhaps see things as you do. I am ready, curious, and absolutely open-minded. So make your pitch. If your argument is more convincing than anyone else's, then you will have successfully added one more vote to whichever candidate or party you think ought to be voted for. And in reality, it will most likely amount to more than just one, as I will probably end up passing your arguments along to others in my life outside of ISH.

So let's hear it. Why are you right?

Default Re: Why should I vote like you do?

Depends what your goals are, really.

Me personally? I'm partial to the idea of giving tax breaks to the richest people and largest corporations, because ultimately it will voodoo its way down to the most needy. As long as we offset it by slashing Medicare, Medicaid, even Social Security, and other programs proven to cultivate sloth. Oldies gotta work longer despite life expectancy dropping for going on 4 years straight now. Gay people should never under any circumstances be allowed to marry; they stand condemned in the eyes of Christ, our Lord.

We reject the 90+ percent of Americans who want universal background checks on gun purchases. Mass shootings are the price of freedom half the time, the other half of the time gun control wouldn't be a solution anyway. Getting back to the Jesus aspect, we also occasionally dabble in separating little kids from their families at the border. As far as the military goes, our great leader Trump increases the likelihood of nuclear weaponry existing in foreign adversaries' hands and then threatens acts of war while pretending he's anti-interventionist to win votes, unless he decides to call it off 10 minutes beforehand.

On the other hand, you have these far left-wing wackos who want to provide guaranteed health insurance to everyone as a right (like in EUROPE, gross), some of them even advocate peace overseas where possible. Disgusting, equal opportunity-wanting sheep who want burger flippers to make a CEO salary that they are. Progressives want to get corporate money out of the political system altogether, allowing for the will of the people to be represented instead of the whims of the all-knowing rich and powerful job creating patriots.

Get on the Trump train while you still can, his approval ratings are sky-high and you definitely don't want your grandkids finding out one day that you didn't get the opportunity to support this man in real time! I recommend Hannity and Mark Levin, just as a conservative starter pack.

#BoltonHaley2028

You've determined it's the most important thing for you to be informed about, yet you would allow someone else's filters and biases cloud yours?

The more sources of interference your knowledge is filtered through the more tainted/corrupted it is.

You've got to do your own work to get to where you should be and frankly, this is why the country has been led down a really dysfunctional path. Too many people unwilling or unable to do their own work.

You strike me as smarter than the premise of your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    Depends what your goals are, really.

Me personally? I'm partial to the idea of giving tax breaks to the richest people and largest corporations, because ultimately it will voodoo its way down to the most needy. As long as we offset it by slashing Medicare, Medicaid, even Social Security, and other programs proven to cultivate sloth. Oldies gotta work longer despite life expectancy dropping for going on 4 years straight now. Gay people should never under any circumstances be allowed to marry; they stand condemned in the eyes of Christ, our Lord.

We reject the 90+ percent of Americans who want universal background checks on gun purchases. Mass shootings are the price of freedom half the time, the other half of the time gun control wouldn't be a solution anyway. Getting back to the Jesus aspect, we also occasionally dabble in separating little kids from their families at the border. As far as the military goes, our great leader Trump increases the likelihood of nuclear weaponry existing in foreign adversaries' hands and then threatens acts of war while pretending he's anti-interventionist to win votes, unless he decides to call it off 10 minutes beforehand.

On the other hand, you have these far left-wing wackos who want to provide guaranteed health insurance to everyone as a right (like in EUROPE, gross), some of them even advocate peace overseas where possible. Disgusting, equal opportunity-wanting sheep who want burger flippers to make a CEO salary that they are. Progressives want to get corporate money out of the political system altogether, allowing for the will of the people to be represented instead of the whims of the all-knowing rich and powerful job creating patriots.

Get on the Trump train while you still can, his approval ratings are sky-high and you definitely don't want your grandkids finding out one day that you didn't get the opportunity to support this man in real time! I recommend Hannity and Mark Levin, just as a conservative starter pack.

#BoltonHaley2028
    I missed this the first time around. I predict you won't get much of a response from anyone that this applies to.

You can always tell when you've made a scathing point here because a thread that was previously full of argument dies an almost immediate death.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I spent most of my life playing music, doing drugs, chasing physical gratification, watching sports, etc... I never wanted to pay attention to politics because I was ignorant.

As a man now in my thirties, I finally see that it was wrong of me for all these years to remain ignorant as such. Politics is, unfortunately, the most important thing to be informed about. I see that now.

This is your chance, whatever your political leanings may be, to truly influence an actual moderate... a nearly blank slate... to perhaps see things as you do. I am ready, curious, and absolutely open-minded. So make your pitch. If your argument is more convincing than anyone else's, then you will have successfully added one more vote to whichever candidate or party you think ought to be voted for. And in reality, it will most likely amount to more than just one, as I will probably end up passing your arguments along to others in my life outside of ISH.

So let's hear it. Why are you right?
    You still haven’t “arrived.” You’ve leveled up but you’re not quite there.

None of this shit we argue about matters... it’s just entertainment, really.

The only thing that matters is monetary policy and the Jews at the federal reserve devaluing the value of our currency to the point that our collective wealth is consistently being extracted and used as a means of oppression.

The rest of it is just a scenery of shit for the public.

Our country has fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Looks like Jefferson never actually said that...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bank-shot-2/

[QUOTE=Shogon]You still haven

Quote Originally Posted by Loco 50
    You've determined it's the most important thing for you to be informed about, yet you would allow someone else's filters and biases cloud yours?

The more sources of interference your knowledge is filtered through the more tainted/corrupted it is.

You've got to do your own work to get to where you should be and frankly, this is why the country has been led down a really dysfunctional path. Too many people unwilling or unable to do their own work.

You strike me as smarter than the premise of your thread.
    I believe if one considers all arguments with equal parts skepticism and openness, it can never be to one's detriment to have more dialogue. If you're full of shit, then I won't hold on to what you say.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

If open borders, higher taxes, more abortions, and gun confiscation appeals to you, then you vote Left.

If you want the government to leave you the **** alone and protect your borders, then you vote Right.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Be objective and don't get your news from modernchirstiangunlover.com or vegantrailwalker.com whatever.

At the end of the day our system is balanced in a way that America will never go crazy right or crazy left.

I just vote for whatever candidate has a serious plan to rectify our healthcare situation.

a 1-5% tax swing either way for the middle class isn't going to make or break the country. Abortion will always be legal. Social programs will always exist. People will always be able to buy guns here.

The issues that most people get psychotic about are really non issues that just serve as a distraction to things that really are variable and really do matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    If you want the government to leave you the **** alone and protect your borders, then you vote Right.
    Unless you're a woman, or black, or Mexican, or Muslim, or poor.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Unless you're a woman, or black, or Mexican, or Muslim, or poor.

You'll have to explain how the government does not leave these people alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    If open borders, higher taxes, more abortions, and gun confiscation appeals to you, then you vote Left.

You're just using this as a platform to reiterate your own leanings... of which every one of us is already aware.

You might actually be able to impact my thinking if you can manage to elaborate your opinions and provide more nuance.

As of right now, you might as well be screaming your name into an empty room.