Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: If you didnt like Kevin Garnetts footwork you dont like basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Media chose to ignore them because most of his prime and greatest days were in Minnesota where he won nothing. A small market grouped with under-performing in the playoffs isn't going to get you a ton of attention. Game winners or not.

Even in boston though he was still making game winners. Shots. General plays. Whatever you wanted. He made all kinds of game winners....

Spot up, alley oops, one on one, in traffic, tip ins....

22 seconds left isolation in the playoffs for the lead....

Make back to back threes vs the Kings to force OT

Game 7 4th quarter making I think all but one of his teams 4th quarter baskets including 13 in a row to put it away....

Moments before blocking Brad Miller with seconds to go then defending Webber on his attempt to tie it.

Speaking of clutch defense by the way.....

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHtqKy8r3Oo

He won plenty of games with clutch defensive stops, steals, or blocks.

I didnt even go into his big shots vs the Nuggets in the playoffs or the clutch shot in the playoffs where he had to turn to see the other baskets clock to see he was out of time then wet the turnaround. He was clutch v the Pistons.

This is hardly an exhaustive list of his big plays and game winners.

People watched it happen and legit feel like he didnt make big shots or step up.

Same people cant name more than 3 big shots from the whole careers of guys in the hall of fame.

KG made key plays all the time.

But you get shit like:

Why was KG always so shook with game on the line?

Dude's legs turned to jelly if any kind of game-winner had to be attempted.

Meanwhile.....

One of you name all the Allen Iverson game winners you remember.

Anyone feel he was shook of any shot ever?

Course not.

Run em down to me.

Think on it a minute.....

What you remember?

1? Maybe 2?

But KG supposedly is shook of taking the big shot when there are reels of him making big shots.

Its a totally fabricated but totally common opinion.

KG was making big shots at a decent rate....but his teams were not good. How many big game winners you remember Tmac making in Orlando?

Hard to hit the big shots in large numbers when your team doesnt put you in position to play many big games....or even be in many close matchups vs the kinds of opponents that make you legendary just for competing.

Guys on bad franchises only make so many huge shots because bad franchises dont put you in huge situations.

But he made his fair share all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHtqKy8r3Oo

He won plenty of games with clutch defensive stops, steals, or blocks.

I didnt even go into his big shots vs the Nuggets in the playoffs or the clutch shot in the playoffs where he had to turn to see the other baskets clock to see he was out of time then wet the turnaround. He was clutch v the Pistons.

This is hardly an exhaustive list of his big plays and game winners.

People watched it happen and legit feel like he didnt make big shots or step up.

Same people cant name more than 3 big shots from the whole careers of guys in the hall of fame.

KG made key plays all the time.

But you get shit like:

Meanwhile.....

One of you name all the Allen Iverson game winners you remember.

Anyone feel he was shook of any shot ever?

Course not.

Run em down to me.

Think on it a minute.....

What you remember?

1? Maybe 2?

But KG supposedly is shook of taking the big shot when there are reels of him making big shots.

Its a totally fabricated but totally common opinion.

KG was making big shots at a decent rate....but his teams were not good. How many big game winners you remember Tmac making in Orlando?

Hard to hit the big shots in large numbers when your team doesnt put you in position to play many big games....or even be in many close matchups vs the kinds of opponents that make you legendary just for competing.

Guys on bad franchises only make so many huge shots because bad franchises dont put you in huge situations.

But he made his fair share all things considered.

Now just imagine if we didn't trade Ray Allen for Marbury....A prime Allen and prime KG would absolutely wreck the league in every way.