Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How far would a modern day unified Yugoslavian team go in today's NBA?

Musa is not a power forward...he is more of a SG than anything, but is listed as a SF.

Default Re: How far would a modern day unified Yugoslavian team go in today's NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Why do their surnames all end in "ic"

Mario Hezonja
    Dzanan Musa
    Nemanja Bjelica
    Ivica Zubac

So that's 1 Croatian, 1 Serbian, and 2 Bosnians without the ic.

It's the same reason why so many Irish people have 'Mc' at the beginning of their surname, it's just like that. Or Russians for the most part end in "ov"

It's so ****ed how many Bosnian born players have elected to play for Serbia and Croatia over the country of their birth and where they were raised.

Our team would be stacked if our players actually played for the country...but no, the Catholics want to play for Croatia and the Orthodox want to play for Serbia. When it comes to government they want to have a say in EVERYTHING that goes on in our country "because Bosnia is the melting pot of the Balkans", but when it comes time to represent the country they are nowhere to be found.

Bojan Bogdanovic, Ivica Zubac (both born in Mostar, Bojan raised in Mostar while Zub was raised in Citluk) just to name a few...plenty more both current and previous.

Same thing with soccer. New Real Madrid signee Luka Jovic was born and raised in Bijeljina, yet plays for Serbia. ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Why do their surnames all end in "ic"
    It originally meant "son of"

Scandinavians just add "son" (like Anderson once meant "Son of Anders")

Scots do it with Mc or Mac (McDonald means "Sons of Donald)

Arabs do it with bin (Mohammad bin Salman is Mohammad, son of Salman)

It's called patronymics.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 08-07-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    It's so ****ed how many Bosnian born players have elected to play for Serbia and Croatia over the country of their birth and where they were raised.

Our team would be stacked if our players actually played for the country...but no, the Catholics want to play for Croatia and the Orthodox want to play for Serbia.
    Take note.

No European wants to rep the crescent moon. I can't believe there are still bosnians who want to keep that turkman slave religion.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    It originally meant "son of"

Scandinavians just as "son" (like Anderson once meant "Son of Anders"

Scots do it with Mc or Mac (McDonald means "Sons of Donald)

Arabs do it with bin (Mohammad bin Salman is Mohammad, son of Salman)

It's called patronymics.
    interesting thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Take note.

No European wants to rep the crescent moon. I can't believe there are still bosnians who want to keep that turkman slave religion.

So then don't ask for say in the government

Plus, we don't have a crescent moon in our flag....like I said, if the country is looked at as a melting pot for everything else, it should be that for sports to.

I don't wanna hear how you have an issue with our beautiful Turkish roots, it doesn't amuse me at all lol.

Very good NBA starter

So then don't ask for say in the government

Plus, we don't have a crescent moon in our flag....like I said, if the country is looked at as a melting pot for everything else, it should be that for sports to.

I don't wanna hear how you have an issue with our beautiful Turkish roots, it doesn't amuse me at all lol.
    I just am dumbfounded how an ethnic european can be proud of turkish goat****ers and kiddy fiddlers.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    I just am dumbfounded how an ethnic european can be proud of turkish goat****ers and kiddy fiddlers.

Pretty sure you're mistaking Turkey with the Vatican. No, I'm certain that you are actually.

Love everything about Turkey, our brothers in arms. The only Muslim country with ties to China to openly speak out against their treatment of Muslims. Beautiful country <3

Just because someone was born in Bosnia doesn't mean thats their nationality. Dirk could've been born in China doesn't mean he's going to play for them although he would have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Just because someone was born in Bosnia doesn't mean thats their nationality. Dirk could've been born in China doesn't mean he's going to play for them although he would have the option.
    To be fair to you, you don't understand the dilemma between former yugo countires so I'll keep that in mind.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be. Germany/China have nothing to do with each other. At all. Croatia and Bosnia have a lengthy history. Croatia used to be apart of the kingdom of Bosnia, much like how Bosnia used to be apart of the kingdom of Croats, Serbs, and Slovens. All that far before Yugoslavia was ever created.

Bosnia has always been known to be a diverse country...we are the "Balkan melting pot". Nationality is being part of a nation...these guys (Bojan and Ivica) ethnically are Croats, but nationally they and their families are Bosnian. The issue comes with them not wanting to recognize themselves as Bosnian. They were born in Bosnia, their families have been there for generations, they trained in Bosnia...yet when they grow up and are ready to become professionals, they represent Croatia.

The Croats/Serbs live in Bosnia, want not only a say in the government, but a PRESIDENT for each ethnicity...yet they don't want to be considered Bosnian. HUH?? They live in the country, they each have a representative as ****ing president, yet you're not Bosnian? How the **** do you have a president then?

It's a problem unlike any other anywhere else in the world dude. The goal today is the same goal as it was in 1992, and that is to split the country up...even though it is already split, they want to split it even more.

To add to this: Bosnia is split into 2. Federation of Bosnia and Republika Srpska. Republika Srpska is fully run by the serbs and no other ethnicity has a say in that government, it's a 1 president government. Federation of Bosnia meanwhile, has 3 presidents, 1 from each ethnicity.

When it comes down to it, Serbs have more control in Bosnia than Bosniaks themselves. And still, they (and their president) say they have nothing to do with Bosnia...It's such a toxic situation.

TLDR, It's not as simple as you make it out to be. Bosnians are Bosnians, whether you are Catholic, Orthodox, or Muslim. That's how it SHOULD be.

If we are talking about how things SHOULD be, there should be no borders, no one should politically identify with their race, and religion shouldn't exist.

Unfortunately all of these things matter to people.

To be fair to you, you don't understand the dilemma between former yugo countires so I'll keep that in mind.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be. Germany/China have nothing to do with each other. At all. Croatia and Bosnia have a lengthy history. Croatia used to be apart of the kingdom of Bosnia, much like how Bosnia used to be apart of the kingdom of Croats, Serbs, and Slovens. All that far before Yugoslavia was ever created.

Bosnia has always been known to be a diverse country...we are the "Balkan melting pot". Nationality is being part of a nation...these guys (Bojan and Ivica) ethnically are Croats, but nationally they and their families are Bosnian. The issue comes with them not wanting to recognize themselves as Bosnian. They were born in Bosnia, their families have been there for generations, they trained in Bosnia...yet when they grow up and are ready to become professionals, they represent Croatia.

The Croats/Serbs live in Bosnia, want not only a say in the government, but a PRESIDENT for each ethnicity...yet they don't want to be considered Bosnian. HUH?? They live in the country, they each have a representative as ****ing president, yet you're not Bosnian? How the **** do you have a president then?

It's a problem unlike any other anywhere else in the world dude. The goal today is the same goal as it was in 1992, and that is to split the country up...even though it is already split, they want to split it even more.

To add to this: Bosnia is split into 2. Federation of Bosnia and Republika Srpska. Republika Srpska is fully run by the serbs and no other ethnicity has a say in that government, it's a 1 president government. Federation of Bosnia meanwhile, has 3 presidents, 1 from each ethnicity.

When it comes down to it, Serbs have more control in Bosnia than Bosniaks themselves. And still, they (and their president) say they have nothing to do with Bosnia...It's such a toxic situation.

TLDR, It's not as simple as you make it out to be. Bosnians are Bosnians, whether you are Catholic, Orthodox, or Muslim. That's how it SHOULD be.

Dude it really is that simple. You are talking about the history and the government and none of that is relevant. Even though all the former Yugoslavian countrys have more history than the two in my example of China and Germany, the fact remains the same if the person has roots else where or even a citizenship he doesn't have to play for the country where he was born.

Even if Bojan and Ivica played for Bosnia they still wouldn't be considered "stacked".

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Dude it really is that simple. You are talking about the history and the government and none of that is relevant. Even though all the former Yugoslavian countrys have more history than the two in my example of China and Germany, the fact remains the same if the person has roots else where or even a citizenship he doesn't have to play for the country where he was born.

Even if Bojan and Ivica played for Bosnia they still wouldn't be considered "stacked".

No, you're 100% right. Idk why I said stacked, I guess it was in reference to the team we have atm.

But it would be interesting to see. For fans of the team at least lol.