Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I understand what they were going for...but its still unfair. He took it like a man.

TBT has a dunk contest that forces the participants to guard eachother. But problem is some of them(one of them really) is a tiny white guy who is kinda past his prime. He was a dunking phenom back in the day but doesnt get up like he used to. And even if he did...hes 6' and like 180. They have him against this Zion ass dude.....the results are exactly as you imagine....

Again..hes not a nobody. Hes not a geek off the street or anything. He can dunk...well. But thats not a proper matchup. Some of them do result in blocks though. Like this:

Pretty entertaining concept that the NBA could never sign off on for an all star weekend if only for the insurance. But if they could....

Whats your all time dunker/defender dream matchups?

Me?

I need Mutombo or Zo in there. I need those nasty 90s prideful bigmen in there like:

And someone small but physically capable. Like...young Dwade.

Wade vs Zo or Mutombo one dunk attempt for 100K with an automatic loss for use of the off arm or a defensive foul?

Id watch that on PPV if it had a good undercard. Give me maybe....

Candace Parker vs Anthony Parker on defense as the opening contest.

Zion vs Barkley with a later switch to go double or nothing Barkley as the dunker.

Kobe and Lebron would sell PPVs but Lebron wouldnt do it I bet so maybe....Kobe vs Mutombo? He wanted prime Mutombo in the same all star game Mcdyess got punked by Dikembe. Give Frobe a shot at like....1994 Mutombo.

Shaq and Wilt with a role reversal switch for later.

Lot of options.

What matchups would you need to pay 20 dollars for the PPV if you somehow knew no streams would get out?

Default Re: I understand what they were going for...but its still unfair. He took it like a man.

Oh and if youre wondering dude did get a chance to reclaim his honor in a reversal of roles. Here is how that went.....

Default Re: I understand what they were going for...but its still unfair. He took it like a man.

You've been on a fairly good/different posting crusade lately at the slowest point of the season.

Are you trying to single handedly bring this board from the depths of Kobe/LeBron troll threads that it will inevitably never cease to be, or... you just bored? What's up?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

thats a bogus arrangement...

the offensive player gets a running start while the defender has to jump stand still.

obviously momentum is going to favor one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    You've been on a fairly good/different posting crusade lately at the slowest point of the season.

Are you trying to single handedly bring this board from the depths of Kobe/LeBron troll threads that it will inevitably never cease to be, or... you just bored? What's up?

I dont make a third of the topics I think of but....it is the offseason. I tend to get a little out of hand when theres no new basketball news. Never know. I might write a 6800 word hypothetical ISH meetup murder mystery somehow involving one of us accidentally killing former Orlando Magic backup Steven Hunter and the resulting coverup that gets Jeff arrested when he did nothing wrong.

very dangerous to have this type of competition

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I dont make a third of the topics I think of but....it is the offseason. I tend to get a little out of hand when theres no new basketball news. Never know. I might write a 6800 word hypothetical ISH meetup murder mystery somehow involving one of us accidentally killing former Orlando Magic backup Steven Hunter and the resulting coverup that gets Jeff arrested when he did nothing wrong.
    Hahaha, the fact that you still even know who Steven Hunter is impresses me to no end. You truly are a student of the game. I've forgotten such players that used to play on teams I didn't follow personally.

I swear I was gonna make a topic on scrub jumping jacks and feature Steven Hunter and Dan Gadzuric a while back but I thought "Youve gone too far".

Yep, Gadzuric is a perfect example of a player/person that I'd completely forgotten about their existence.

Also...know who needs a rematch? This guy:

Who I bet cant find a clip of himself playing basketball to show his kids...other than that. He played 68 games in his career. None after that season.

We need to find his 49 year old ass and give him one more shot at Laphonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Yep, Gadzuric is a perfect example of a player/person that I'd completely forgotten about their existence.

I have a good bit of old Dan footage. I have the original clip from sportscenter when he did a nasty putback and some anchor drew a line showing his head was at the rim.

I took it off a VHS I had a lot of old highlights on.

Im gonna have to give all my clips to some one who will use them some day. I dont have the motivation and young people dont care about anything but James Harden stepbacks and jelly layups anyway.

It would be cool if it were redemption themed. Giving the bigs a chance to redeem themselves against someone who posterized them in the past. Ewing vs Pippen, Dwight vs. Kobe, Zo vs. Carter, Yao vs Iguodala, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    thats a bogus arrangement...

the offensive player gets a running start while the defender has to jump stand still.

obviously momentum is going to favor one side.
    Welcome to show biz. Everything's rigged in favor of entertainment value.

Setting aside the fact that this is dangerous and stupid..

Oh Lawdd..