Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Let

  1. #1
    High School Starter Noyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    819

    Default Let

    All Last Year we were hearing people say stuff like "When Gordon Hayward gets back to form" and how much of a difference he'll make. They talk about him alot it seems like he's a superstar, cause he's white? The dude made one allstar game and the Jazz couldn't even go to him against the Clippers in the first round his last year there. He averaged about 20 a game, but if you watched that series Joe Johnson carried them down the stretch of every game. He's your 3rd on a real contender, at best. He can't be your number 2. Jazz lost him in free angency and they got better with Donovan Mitchell, who then dominated OKC in the playoffs the next year.

  2. #2
    RETIRED AS A CHAMPION AirTupac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,510

    Default Re: Let

    Danny DA GOAT Ainge like I say

  3. #3
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    28,874

    Default Re: Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Noyze
    All Last Year we were hearing people say stuff like "When Gordon Hayward gets back to form" and how much of a difference he'll make. They talk about him alot it seems like he's a superstar, cause he's white? The dude made one allstar game and the Jazz couldn't even go to him against the Clippers in the first round his last year there. He averaged about 20 a game, but if you watched that series Joe Johnson carried them down the stretch of every game. He's your 3rd on a real contender, at best. He can't be your number 2. Jazz lost him in free angency and they got better with Donovan Mitchell, who then dominated OKC in the playoffs the next year.
    He was great in the playoffs that year. Took his game to another level. They weren't better with Mitchell.

  4. #4
    Mamba For Life Celtics 1825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,774

    Default Re: Let

    Last year he had an awful first half of the season due to having a setback over the summer and not being 100%. However towards the end he pulled together a string of solid games and we could see some glimpses of what he used to be. Now that he's had a full year to properly recover he should be close to what he was before and putting up 18-20 a game this season.

  5. #5
    High School Starter Noyze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    819

    Default Re: Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    He was great in the playoffs that year. Took his game to another level. They weren't better with Mitchell.
    He did play well against Golden State but the Jazz got swept, they guarded everyone else well and let Gordon do his thing. He has very little iso game and wasn't able to create offense outside of the occasional screen. The Jazz went to the 2nd round the year he was there and the year after, but they were a better team when he left. How did he take his game to the "next level", if anything he was exposed.

  6. #6
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midvale, Utah, U.S.A.
    Posts
    28,874

    Default Re: Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Noyze
    He did play well against Golden State but the Jazz got swept, they guarded everyone else well and let Gordon do his thing. He has very little iso game and wasn't able to create offense outside of the occasional screen. The Jazz went to the 2nd round the year he was there and the year after, but they were a better team when he left. How did he take his game to the "next level", if anything he was exposed.
    He played better in the playoffs than I ever saw him play or ever imagined he could play. It was the only time though briefly they didn't suck without Gobert. Gobert being hurt was a big part of their problem not to mention GS being the best team. Their offense was better at the end of that year than it has been the past two years. The defense has been great since Rudy emerged

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •