Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the solution regarding containment camps?

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/593239/

This is just horrible. How is this even legal?

Default Re: What is the solution regarding containment camps?

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/593239/

This is just horrible. How is this even legal?
    There is no solution that anyone will find acceptable.

Way I see is there are two choices... you either ignore the fact that we have a border and a country and you let everyone in no matter what... or... you start shooing illegals with the intent to kill as a means of deterring the behavior.

Because they aren’t going to stop. People only understand force.

I’d be interested in the exact numbers in terms of what a tipping point would be for us but if their country is dog shit and they aren’t willing to put forth the effort to turn it around, and they keep migrating here in massive numbers, our country will eventually be dog shit also except then there won’t be anywhere to go.

nobody is holding them there

they can always leave the country which they have entered illegaly

College superstar

[QUOTE=Shogon]There is no solution that anyone will find acceptable.

Way I see is there are two choices... you either ignore the fact that we have a border and a country and you let everyone in no matter what... or... you start shooing illegals with the intent to kill as a means of deterring the behavior.

Because they aren

Just make it really hard for illegal immigrants to stay in the country through the law. Any business found to use them would be fined heavily, may get shut down and the person responsible for hiring might face jail time. Anyone housing them may get citizenship revoked and deported if they are naturalized or face jail time if they are natural born American. Children of illegals do not get citizenship unless one of the biological parent is American and even that can be revoked later if found untrue. Make it impossible or really expensive to get married to an illegal. Give incentive for legit tips about illegals. e t c.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

At first I thought you were talking about actual concentration camps, like the ones in China

reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1S925K

tortured during interrogation at the camps, living in crowded cells and being subjected to a brutal daily regimen of party indoctrination that drove some people to suicide.

Anyway, the Mexican cartels approve of your article.

[QUOTE=Shogon]There is no solution that anyone will find acceptable.

Because they aren

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Question.

Why is it so hard to let them become citizens?

What they want is an opportunity, part of that is to become citizens so why not allow them?

I mean, the issue is them not having the proper documents am I right? the whole issue is that "they're here illegally, so they're criminals" well why not allow them to become citizens like they did ages ago. When Italians, Germans, Polish, English, Irish, etc came here they just well... came. They arrived in Ellis Island gave an oath, were tested for illnesses and that was basically it.

So if the issue is them coming over without documentation instead of incarcerating them why not process them instead?

Have them go become citizens while they're there. Make them earn their citizenship by having them work for their citizenship status while they're there.

Most of them don't have the resources to obtain proper documentation, nor do they have the finances to do so. Instead of treating them like criminals and animals (criminals at least have more rights) make use of them. Have them work for their citizenship. There's a number of jobs that they can do while in the camps that can be beneficial for the US. Once their debt is paid, they'll receive their worker's permit, citizenship, or whatever documentation card they need to work and pay their taxes.

It aint that hard if racist goggles are removed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

To be honest they have no right to complain about living conditions. It

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    >>>let everyone in
    or
    >>>kill them all Rambo-style

Talk about 2 extremes
    Ok, so suggest an alternative that doesn't entail indefinite detention or repeated catch and release with pinky promises from them not to do it again.

And then once you do that and fail to offer a solution, realize that I'm right.

Then, realize that you're stupid.

You're stupid.

Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    To be honest they have no right to complain about living conditions. It’s better than the alternative of one to the dome. They knew the rules, they knew what was at stake and they lost. Sorry. Not about to use our taxpayer money to put up all these refugees in a 5 star hotel. Send them back or kill them ASAP. Don’t have the time and money for this nonsense.

Except they're almost never refugees. They're almost always just people wanting a better life and not willing to come here the legal way.

Refugees are people that are displaced by war and would probably rather be at home but can't go back home because they will be killed by the government or get caught in the cross fire of a war zone. The vast majority of these people just want to come here because they don't want to put the effort in or lack the understanding of how to do it at home. They're not refugees.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Don't go into the "containment camp"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon

Except they're almost never refugees. They're almost always just people wanting a better life and not willing to come here the legal way.

Refugees are people that are displaced by war and would probably rather be at home but can't go back home because they will be killed by the government or get caught in the cross fire of a war zone. The vast majority of these people just want to come here because they don't want to put the effort in or lack the understanding of how to do it at home. They're not refugees.
    Agreed. I misused the word and there is an important distinction from immigrants and refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    nobody is holding them there

they can always leave the country which they have entered illegaly
    A lot of the detainees who have experienced exceptionally poor conditions are actually children who have been separated from their parents. They can't simply decide to leave the country. There have been reported instances where pre-teens and young teenagers, brought over by their parents, have had to take care of babies that were separated from other parents at the border and placed in detention.

Especially shocking is that children detained by the US government have no right to court-appointed representation in immigration proceedings, so we've actually seen children and toddlers as young as 3 appear in court alone to advocate for themselves.

Jack H. Weil, a longtime immigration judge who is responsible for training other judges, made the assertion in sworn testimony in a deposition in federal court in Seattle. His comments highlighted the plight of thousands of juveniles who are forced to defend themselves each year in immigration court amid a surge of children from Central America who cross the southwestern U.S. border.

“I’ve taught immigration law literally to 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds,” Weil said. “It takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of patience. They get it. It’s not the most efficient, but it can be done.”

He repeated his claim twice in the deposition, also saying, “I’ve told you I have trained 3-year-olds and 4-year-olds in immigration law,” according to a transcript. “You can do a fair hearing. It’s going to take you a lot of time.”

Legal and child-psychology experts ridiculed Weil’s assertions, noting that key milestones for 3- and 4-year-olds include cooperating with other children, saying simple sentences and building towers of blocks.

“I nearly fell off my chair when I read that deposition,” said Laurence Steinberg, a psychology professor at Temple University who is a witness for the plaintiffs in the Seattle case. “Three- and 4-year-olds do not yet have logical reasoning abilities. It’s preposterous, frankly, to think they could be taught enough about immigration law to be able to represent themselves in court.”
    This is not a new thing. This happened under the Obama and Bush administrations as well... but not in the volume that we are seeing now.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Any business found to use them would be fined heavily, may get shut down and the person responsible for hiring might face jail time.
    I don't think the current occupant of the White House would sign a bill like that for pretty obvious reasons.