Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Isis, remember them? they're back and guess why?

Default Re: Isis, remember them? they're back and guess why?

And you want to our troops to stay there and fight those inbred ****s?

Pull them all out, let those Muslim extremist kill each other like they have been doing so for centuries

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    And you want to our troops to stay there and fight those inbred ****s?

Pull them all out, let those Muslim extremist kill each other like they have been doing so for centuries
    Most experts think the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Must experts? Who are these experts and why would should we listen to them?

**** being the "World Police"

ISIS, Al Qaeda, it doesn't matter who we "fight" them ****ers are like the real life Hydra. Take down one two more take their place.

Get our men and women out that area. Worry about our own problems

ISIS, Al Qaeda, it doesn't matter who we "fight" them ****ers are like the real life Hydra. Take down one two more take their place.

Well... there's 3 experts in the article itself, including Trump appointee Mattis.

Do I wish we keep our military abroad? NO
    But we're in this mess we made and the consequences are more grave if we pull out. It's simple to just say "we should just leave". I used to think that when I was in high school in 94, shit isn't so simple.

And it's not a matter of simply pulling out, but when and how... it needs to be strategically thought out, not just on a whim.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

"JV Team"

Well... there's 3 experts in the article itself, including Trump appointee Mattis.

But we're in this mess we made and the consequences are more grave if we pull out. It's simple to just say "we should just leave". I used to think that when I was in high school in 94, shit isn't so simple.

And it's not a matter of simply pulling out, but when and how... it needs to be strategically thought out, not just on a whim.
    Oh yes, warhawk politicians want to keep the war going

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Op is a bloodthirsty savage

When Obama drew down troops in Iraq as a result of his campaign promise, pressures from home, and pressure from the Iraqis, experts were concerned that it was too soon, that the country wasn't stable enough, and that the Iraqis, while trained and equipped, would not be able to adequately handle the situation on the ground. We withdrew anyway because we had a withdrawal agreement with the Iraqis dating back to the Bush administration that the Iraqis did not want to amend. Negotiations to stay broke down, they wanted us out and we didn't really have much wiggle room in the agreement that would allow us to stay. Experts believed that as a result of the withdrawal, we would see an increase in insurgents and instability in Iraq, but few predicted what we ended up seeing with ISIS.

Trump, during the 2016 election, sought to pin the rise of ISIS on Obama saying that Obama was the founder of ISIS. When challenged by Hugh Hewitt, he doubled down, saying, "No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS. I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award." Hewitt pushed back again, saying that Obama was "not sympathetic" to ISIS and "hates" and is "trying to kill them." Trump responded, "I don't care. He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?"

The hypocrisy is astounding, but what else is new. After that pretty extreme criticism of Obama, here he is repeating the same mistake after being given an even more detailed assessment of what would happen in the region if he US withdrew troops too quickly. As the article points out, Brett McGurk warned that Trump's policies in the region would give "new life" to ISIS and other US adversaries, and that the decision would "precipitate chaos and an environment for extremists to thrive. Those warnings fell on deaf ears and he and Mattis ended up resigning practically in protest.

The only surprising thing about any of this is that the Pentagon was bold enough to call out Trump's policy as a main contributing factor.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Exactly. I want the troops out - damn the consequences over there. It's not our problem and it's time to reverse the shitty foreign policy of being world police.

OP has TDS and is only against troop pullout because Trump is president. If it was a democrat, he'd be cheering it on.

Probably called Mattis a terrible appointment but all of a sudden he's an "expert." Who defines "expert" and why should I believe that standard? Because the establishment media and neo-cons and neo-liberals that got us in this shitty situation to begin with decided so? Nah.
    Last edited by Hawker; 08-27-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Exactly. I want the troops out - damn the consequences over there. It's not our problem and it's time to reverse the shitty foreign policy of being world police.

OP has TDS and is only against troop pullout because Trump is president. If it was a democrat, he'd be cheering it on.

Probably called Mattis a terrible appointment but all of a sudden he's an "expert." Who defines "expert" and why should I believe that standard? Because the establishment media and neo-cons and neo-liberals that got us in this shitty situation to begin with decided so? Nah.
    "Damn the consequences" pretty much sums up this administration's domestic and foreign policy.

Mattis was one of the few appointees who garnered respect from every quarter. He was a 4 star general with a 45-year service record. Congress liked and respected him so much that they quickly passed an exemption to allow him to be defense secretary by a large margin, and the Senate voted to confirm him in a 98-1 vote... Rand Paul included. We don't have to agree with everything Mattis has said or supported (he was on the board of Theranos for goodness sake), but it's laughable to dismiss someone as distinguished as Mattis after he makes an assessment, stakes his reputation on his assessment by resigning, and is then proven correct in his assessment. He may not be an expert on anything else, but he and a bunch of analysts correctly predicted what we are now seeing in Syria and Iraq after the Trump withdrawal; he is at least an expert on this given how correct he was and has been proven to be.

We need the region's oil

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    "Damn the consequences" pretty much sums up this administration's domestic and foreign policy.

Mattis was one of the few appointees who garnered respect from every quarter. He was a 4 star general with a 45-year service record. Congress liked and respected him so much that they quickly passed an exemption to allow him to be defense secretary by a large margin, and the Senate voted to confirm him in a 98-1 vote... Rand Paul included. We don't have to agree with everything Mattis has said or supported (he was on the board of Theranos for goodness sake), but it's laughable to dismiss someone as distinguished as Mattis after he makes an assessment, stakes his reputation on his assessment by resigning, and is then proven correct in his assessment. He may not be an expert on anything else, but he and a bunch of analysts correctly predicted what we are now seeing in Syria and Iraq after the Trump withdrawal; he is at least an expert on this given how correct he was and has been proven to be.
    To me, the correct assessment would be for us to move our troops out of the middle east.

And damn the consequences pretty much sums up the foreign intervention we've had over there in the middle east. And Libya. Millions of refugees moving out of the middle east and through the mediterranean thanks to foreign intervention. American lives lost. Taxpayer money wasted. Damn the consequences indeed. Excuse me while I don't trust the so called "experts" in regards to this matter who created the issues in the first place. Him moving the troops out of Syria is a fantastic move from a foreign policy perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    damn the consequences over there.
    let nations openly harbor and/or be run by 'murrica hating terrorist organizations.

what could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    let nations openly harbor and/or be run by 'murrica hating terrorist organizations.

what could go wrong.

Hello warmonger. Your time has passed.