Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: [NSFW] Nolan's new film "TENET" trailer

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    he mad af

Nope. Not mad.

Not fat and retarded, either.Ive owned you in this thread. Keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Collateral, Heat, Mohicans....

3 classics.

Nolan has 1,maybe 2 classics?
    Memento, Prestige, Inception, Dark Knight. All classics. It also got a lot of heat when it came out, but Interstellar is one of the best space movies ever made. I still wish Nolan cut that last 10 minutes of the movie, it becomes drastically better if it ends

Interstellar spoiler below, don't know how to hide it because Jeff removed the white text coloring and doesn't have a spoiler button.
    where he watches his daughter and then it's left to the imagination of the user that he dies or gets stuck there for infinity.

Interesting thing is his brother had a much, much darker ending in the original screenplay for Interstellar. I really hope Nolan does another new IP space movie. He would make something special. The docking scene and black hole scene are some of the most incredible moments I've seen in a film. I'm with you on Mann's 3 movies, all are masterpieces. Mohincas also has one of the goat OSTs.

Furthermore I'd take any Spike Jonze movie over a Nolan. I'd also take Wayne's World, Back to the Future, Alien, Terminator, Ghostbusters or even Naked Gun over a Nolan movie

And. I like Nolan. He's good
    Nolan isn't good. He's unquestionably one of the best directors of all time. Doesn't matter if he's not up your taste, he's one of the best ever and still probably has two more decades left in him to create cinema. You can either join us and be happy we have one of the very few directors that makes 100m+ new IPs especially in this cinema age of generic cinematic worlds and comic book movies.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Nolan isn't good. He's unquestionably one of the best directors of all time. Doesn't matter if he's not up your taste, he's one of the best ever and still probably has two more decades left in him to create cinema. You can either join us and be happy we have one of the very few directors that makes 100m+ new IPs especially in this cinema age of generic cinematic worlds and comic book movies.

Meh. I agree with most your points. I didn't like Memento, loved the Prestige but he's not unquestionably one of the greatest. That's fan boy drool on your chin. He's not even top 5 of the contemporaries and this latest flick looks like a bad copy of Inception. We shall see...

Meh. I agree with most your points. I didn't like Memento, loved the Prestige but he's not unquestionably one of the greatest. That's fan boy drool on your chin. He's not even top 5 of the contemporaries and this latest flick looks like a bad copy of Inception. We shall see...

imagine being this retarded

and thinking public enemies is an iconic film

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

imagine being this retarded

and thinking public enemies is an iconic film

i havent seen public enemies

for looking like a human turd emoji you talk a lot of shit

Prestige, Dark Knight, Inception

vs

Heat, Collateral, Mohicans

It's closer than you think...

then you got

Miami Vice (tv/movie) and Ali vs Interstellar / Memento

Yeah Nolan wins by a little.

You also have Thief and Jericho Mile by Mann. And he wrote Starsky n Hutch

Mann is there with Nolan, def same tier.
    Last edited by DoctorP; 05-25-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Memento, Prestige, Inception, Dark Knight. All classics. It also got a lot of heat when it came out, but Interstellar is one of the best space movies ever made. I still wish Nolan cut that last 10 minutes of the movie, it becomes drastically better if it ends

Interstellar spoiler below, don't know how to hide it because Jeff removed the white text coloring and doesn't have a spoiler button.
    where he watches his daughter and then it's left to the imagination of the user that he dies or gets stuck there for infinity.

Interesting thing is his brother had a much, much darker ending in the original screenplay for Interstellar. I really hope Nolan does another new IP space movie. He would make something special. The docking scene and black hole scene are some of the most incredible moments I've seen in a film. I'm with you on Mann's 3 movies, all are masterpieces. Mohincas also has one of the goat OSTs.
    Yeah it was cool but have you seen the one in 2001: A Space Odyssey? Thats the Michael Jordan of space docking scenes.

Yeah it was cool but have you seen the one in 2001: A Space Odyssey? Thats the Michael Jordan of space docking scenes.
    Everyone jerks off about that movie, and funnily enough it's the few classics I haven't seen. I need to buy it at some point and watch it.

Also, I didn't say Interstellar is the best space movie, but one of the best (I don't like saying the best of anything). I really do hope Nolan gives us
    1. Another space movie and goes away from giving us a happy ending.
    2. A rater R movie that is more in the mold of the Prestige.

Everyone jerks off about that movie, and funnily enough it's the few classics I haven't seen. I need to buy it at some point and watch it.

Also, I didn't say Interstellar is the best space movie, but one of the best (I don't like saying the best of anything). I really do hope Nolan gives us
    1. Another space movie and goes away from giving us a happy ending.
    2. A rater R movie that is more in the mold of the Prestige.
    well now he has to please his Dark Knight action audience as well as his original metaphysical drama audience. We will see... he seems to be into this Inception-like style and is doing it again

He is though. You can deny, but he has already joined the pantheons of greats. He's also the only director that has consistently made movies that make money, and make people and critics relatively happy when they see it.

As for Tenet, who knows. Inception is about dreams and this is about time, not sure they will be too similar once the movie comes out. One thing I did notice is that the cinematography didn't blow me away. Nolan, bring back Wally Pfister for ****s sake. From the one trailer I saw, it didn't ooze in the style that I'd expect out of Nolan, even though Dunkirk was money on that regard.

well now he has to please his Dark Knight action audience as well as his original metaphysical drama audience. We will see... he seems to be into this Inception-like style and is doing it again
    Nolan can do whatever he the **** he wants. He made an arthouse war movie with a 100m+ budget, and he still managed to make the best selling war movie of all time. Just give us the quality. One thing I noticed from his last 3 movies is that he tried to give the happy endings 1 too many times. I'd love to see something dark like the Prestige or unique like Inception.

He is though. You can deny, but he has already joined the pantheons of greats. He's also the only director that has consistently made movies that make money, and make people and critics relatively happy when they see it.

As for Tenet, who knows. Inception is about dreams and this is about time, not sure they will be too similar once the movie comes out. One thing I did notice is that the cinematography didn't blow me away. Nolan, bring back Wally Pfister for ****s sake. From the one trailer I saw, it didn't ooze in the style that I'd expect out of Nolan, even though Dunkirk was money on that regard.
    Yeah Nolan for sure is one of the greats. I'll give you that. He's in the upper teirs of his contemporaries and will be remembered all-time for sure. He's a generational name, probably. Maybe

Nolan can do whatever he the **** he wants. He made an arthouse war movie with a 100m+ budget, and he still managed to make the best selling war movie of all time. Just give us the quality. One thing I noticed from his last 3 movies is that he tried to give the happy endings 1 too many times. I'd love to see something dark like the Prestige or unique like Inception.
    if you're talking money then Home Alone blows any Nolan movie out the gate other than the Batmans

a second trailer drops and I still have no idea what the hell is going on