Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 3.6 Billion from defense to the wall

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Yes, so a few billion diverted shouldn't make a difference.
    I'm not the one complaining about it. I just find it hilarious that he ran on Mexico paying for Trump's big beautiful wall and now he's making y'all pay for it

I kept telling all the Trumpys that Mexico would never pay for a wall and all of them kept assuring me that Mexico would. Some are still arguing that tariffs on Mexican goods would pay for it, obviously they don't actually know how tariffs work

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    We spend way tf too much on the military.
    Sincerely, Mexico

he's making y'all pay for it

obviously they don't actually know how tariffs work

Pretty sure Trump doesn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by nightlight
    Mexican-American

Got love for both countries, we aren't enemies, but that would be news to Trump

Pretty sure Trump doesn't either.
    True

I read an article last night that said that the average American family will pay about a thousand dollars more on the same shit they bought last year if his tariffs war keeps on keeping on

These are the types of self inflicted wounds that make me think the hapless Dems just might have a shot at knocking Trump out of the WH.

True

I read an article last night that said that the average American family will pay about a thousand dollars more on the same shit they bought last year if his tariffs war keeps on keeping on

These are the types of self inflicted wounds that make me think the hapless Dems just might have a shot at knocking Trump out of the WH.

Yeah it all depends on which Dem the DNC anoints. They picked the wrong one last time.

Yeah it all depends on which Dem the DNC anoints. They picked the wrong one last time.
    I dont really think the dem leadership gives a single fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k about winning. Take a look at their leaders - Pelosi, Schumer, Perez... the donors intentionally pick spineless and unlikeable loser leaders for the dems because the blues are supposed to lose, they are nothing more than controlled opposition for the agenda of corporate america and the oligarchs.

The dems are the Washington Generals to the republicans Harlem Globetrotters. Their entire purpose is to get dunked on.

Just look at who the totally legit and not rigged dem polls are currently favoring. Biden was already a laughably weak candidate back when he was healthy and coherent, these days he is churning out the gaffes like he is the senile version of Palin. Its not like this is his first attempt or anything either, the guy has already run for president 3 times (and this was back when he was capable of speaking intelligently and coherently), and in those 3 runs combined he earned a grand total of 3 delegates... but as "president....my boss" always says, 4th times the charm!
    Last edited by Nanners; 09-05-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Gotta keep you out. It's not a good thing imo but the outrage from the left is hypocritical considering how the military was underfunded under Obama and they were silent about that.
    Underfunded under Obama? Are you serious? It was around $550 billion, which by itself was the largest military funding in the history of mankind by a country. No country not named the United States of America has come close. Obama's lowest was equal to the next 7 or 8 countries combined..

Military spending needs to be slashed down to $450bn in non-war times.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Underfunded under Obama? Are you serious? It was around $550 billion, which by itself was the largest military funding in the history of mankind by a country. No country not named the United States of America has come close. Obama's lowest was equal to the next 7 or 8 countries combined..

Military spending needs to be slashed down to $450bn in non-war times.

Go read the article I posted dumbass. Then STFU

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    So what's the issue?

That they're here? or don't have proper documentation?

Legal immigration. That

Go read the article I posted dumbass. Then STFU
    This article? https://www.npr.org/2016/04/29/47604...d-the-military

Yeah, maybe the Pentagon should stop wasting money and overpaying for everything. Military industrial complex is like healthcare now, where a saline IV bag gets charged $300 when it is worth $5 max. Each day you are in the hospital, they will order needless tests and doctors will walk in for a 2 minute worthless chat and charge for the full hour while they are sitting in the cafe with their colleagues bs'ing & eating free food on the meter. It's called overbilling, which I'm sure you know of as a dentist. You probably often do basic mouth check for 5 minutes and charge insurance an arm and a leg. Use floss for 30secs? $25 extra. Swish on some mouthwash? $5 extra. Run up the meter, baby, with bogus charges. Bill, baby, bill.

Reading that article make you realize how paranoid we became as a country after 9/11 and went into psychotic military buildup, throwing away hundreds of billions. We entered 2 wars and many civilians died, which ramp'd up the hate for us Americans & gave rise to more extremism (i.e. ISIS). That's exactly what the pricks at Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations wanted. It's funny to hear someone call a cut in THAT overbuilt military as underfunding.

Then, of course, nonsense quotes like this:
    [QUOTE]Defense officials don't dispute that the military costs a lot

Stupid. That money should’ve gone to actually improving the border security.

Dumb republicans want a wall and stupid Democrats want open borders when the solution is just putting more people and facilities to oversee the border

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    How do you MAGAs military supporters feel about this?
    Wait, so Mexico isn't paying for the wall? But I thought...

Woah, I didn't realize that they would be taking away the money earmarked for the construction of schools for the children of service members at military bases.

Funds for the construction of schools at military bases and facilities will be transferred to finance the construction of border barriers, including a $62,634,000 grant for a middle school at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and a $56,048,000 grant for an elementary school for children of U.S. troops stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany.

...on Wednesday, a Pentagon official told CBS News the department will look to offset the transfer by asking Congress for more money to fund the affected projects. The official said the projects will not be delayed if additional funds are approved by lawmakers but cautioned that there is no guarantee that will occur.
    He can't get Congress to fund the wall, so he is taking it from projects beneficial to the families of service members and putting those projects in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Woah, I didn't realize that they would be taking away the money earmarked for the construction of schools for the children of service members at military bases.

He can't get Congress to fund the wall, so he is taking it from projects beneficial to the families of service members and putting those projects in limbo.
    That's just Trump's way of supporting the troops. Fake news