Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anthony Davis: I improved the most this summer on my 3 ball

Davis working on his 3-point shot is a great thing for the offense. Him being able to stretch the defense at the 5 makes us harder to defend, it's only a good thing. It's not like he's a non-shooter who's adapting to Lebron, he's been shooting a lot of jumpers over the past few years. I expect him to be a 35-37% 3-point shooter with around 3 attempts a game.

No one improved anything until you see it consistently in a game. Dwight Howard improved his free throw shooting in practice getting over 80% from the charity stripe. That never translated to in-game moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    No one improved anything until you see it consistently in a game. Dwight Howard improved his free throw shooting in practice getting over 80% from the charity stripe. That never translated to in-game moments.
    I was gonna say that. I remember Rip Hamilton saying he improved his 3's in the 2004 post season and I expected the Pistons to be much scarier even after winning the title. He wasnt exactly a deadly 3 point shooter the next season.

Lebron talked about how he's 'a hundred times more skilled than I was back then (2007) in the 2012 offseason, when talking about developing his post game. He was awful against the Spurs in the post that very season, with Diaw shutting him down whenever they tried to post him up with Lebron.

People talk all the time but until we see a conspicuous effect during the following season, then it's just talk.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I honestly don't see ANYONE beating this Lakers team if healthy

I'd be let down if LeBron doesn't win 2 of the next 3 AD is the most talented Power Forward the league has ever seen no excuses for the GOAT

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    I was gonna say that. I remember Rip Hamilton saying he improved his 3's in the 2004 post season and I expected the Pistons to be much scarier even after winning the title. He wasnt exactly a deadly 3 point shooter the next season.

Lebron talked about how he's 'a hundred times more skilled than I was back then (2007) in the 2012 offseason, when talking about developing his post game. He was awful against the Spurs in the post that very season, with Diaw shutting him down whenever they tried to post him up with Lebron.

People talk all the time but until we see a conspicuous effect during the following season, then it's just talk.
    Agreed. These guys just assume work gets results, and the easy open gyms during the summer act as confirmation in their minds...but it rarely translates into a noticeable bump (like, say, TJ Warren’s 3pt% this past year). Usually it’s just experience playing more games that leads to better performance.

AD has always taken a lot of jumpers. 3s are more efficient than midrange shots. Simple math.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Even a bum like WCS can hit 3's in practice with ease

https://twitter.com/THEwillieCS15/st...500-triples%2F

Except you retards are using a guy that can actually hit jumpers and 3's to guys who aren't remotely known for shooting. Jesus christ the IQ on this place is so hilariously low.