Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Huge. Scientists think they've located the first habitable planet with liquid water

There is no way in hell they actually landed on the moon and arrived back on earth safely.. biggest hoax of all time. Even Neil Armstrong himself wanted no part of a life long lie and lived in recluse..

The technology just wasn't there, shit it's barely there now..

Default Re: Huge. Scientists think they've located the first habitable planet with liquid water

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    could have been 1/2 way there if Trump didn't cut NASA's budget

Probably would take 5,000 yrs or something insane to get there on traditional rockets. Maybe 500 yrs if you use nuclear propulsion off thousands of small nukes, but you would have to decelerate on the other end

Conspiracy theorists don't deserve civil rights tbh.

It would have been more difficult to hoax a moon landing than actually going to the moon.

I dont understand how anybody could doubt that we landed on the moon

Look at the most advanced cars in the 1960s and compare them to the most advanced cars today, look at the most advanced fighter jets from the 1960s and compare them to the f-22 and f-35, look at the "computers" of the 1960s and compare them to the computers of today... obviously it would be incredibly difficult and expensive to replicate all of the sophisticated technology and materials we used to land on the moon in the 1960s.

Didn't they leave laser reflector on the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    I dont understand how anybody could doubt that we landed on the moon

Look at the most advanced cars in the 1960s and compare them to the most advanced cars today, look at the most advanced fighter jets from the 1960s and compare them to the f-22 and f-35, look at the "computers" of the 1960s and compare them to the computers of today... obviously it would be incredibly difficult and expensive to replicate all of the sophisticated technology and materials we used to land on the moon in the 1960s.
    Holy shit...

A few things...

1) Rocket technology hasn’t advanced nearly that much in the past 60 years as those other things. SpaceX has been doing the most advancement in all of that time and they’re newbies that had to almost start from the ground up.

2) The moon landing was primarily politically motivated. It wasn’t because we wanted to better the species. The people controlling the money wanted to say F U to the Soviets... and we did. That political motivation doesn’t exist today.

3) Despite all that, we sent nearly a decade’s worth of missions to the moon. So is your contention that everyone at NASA and everyone that worked on the tech and all of the astronauts were in on it?

Or is your contention that the astronauts were paid actors and they successfully deceived a bunch of rocket scientists on the ground for a decade?

Do you have any idea how many people would have to be involved and keep their mouths shut for this to be a production?

It is absolutely mind-blowing to me that this subject can consistently turn otherwise smart people into blubbering morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Holy shit...

A few things...

1) Rocket technology hasn’t advanced nearly that much in the past 60 years as those other things. SpaceX has been doing the most advancement in all of that time.

2) The moon landing was primarily politically motivated. It wasn’t because we wanted to better the species. The people controlling the money wanted to say F U to the Soviets... and we did. That political motivation doesn’t exist today.

3) Despite all that, we sent nearly a decade’s worth of missions to the moon. So is your contention that everyone at NASA and everyone that worked on the tech and all of the astronauts were in on it?

Or is your contention that the astronauts were paid actors and they successfully deceived a bunch of rocket scientists on the ground for a decade?

Do you have any idea how many people would have to be involved and keep their mouths shut for this to be a production?

It is absolutely mind-blowing to me that this subject can consistently turn otherwise smart people into blubbering morons.
    I never made any "contention", you illiterate simpleton. I simply commented on how far technology has advanced in the past 50 years.

Anyway

1) If we already made it to the moon using rocket technology from 1969, why would advancements in rocket technology be necessary or relevant reaching the moon today? Also, do you legitimately believe that rocketry has not advanced in the past 60 years?

2) Whether or not the political motivation exists within the US today is irrelevant, the US has never been the only country with a space program. Have you seen the shit China is building lately? You dont think they would be interested in being the second people to set foot on the moon?

3) Like I said, I never made any "contention"... but if the moon landing was faked, it wouldnt be the first time the government had orchestrated an enormous project under full secrecy. Over 120k people worked on the Manhattan project, and only a select handful of them actually knew what they were building until after the bombs were dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd

Probably would take 5,000 yrs or something insane to get there on traditional rockets. Maybe 500 yrs if you use nuclear propulsion off thousands of small nukes, but you would have to decelerate on the other end
    We are advancing at an exponential high rate. With rise of AI my bet is by 509 years we would

I never made any "contention", you illiterate simpleton. I simply commented on how far technology has advanced in the past 50 years.

Anyway

1) If we already made it to the moon using rocket technology from 1969, why would advancements in rocket technology be necessary or relevant reaching the moon today? Also, do you legitimately believe that rocketry has not advanced in the past 60 years?

2) Whether or not the political motivation exists within the US today is irrelevant, the US has never been the only country with a space program. Have you seen the shit China is building lately? You dont think they would be interested in being the second people to set foot on the moon?

3) Like I said, I never made any "contention"... but if the moon landing was faked, it wouldnt be the first time the government had orchestrated an enormous project under full secrecy. Over 120k people worked on the Manhattan project, and only a select handful of them actually knew what they were building until after the bombs were dropped.
    1) You can’t read. I said as much as those things. And that is absolutely true.

2) Uh the budget for reaching the moon back then was like a quarter of a trillion dollars during the Apollo missions, adjusting for inflation. Today it’s like 10% of that AT BEST. What other country during what other era has thrown that type of money at making it happen not to mention displaying the emotional desire to do it, including us? Please enlighten me.

3) Building components in ignorance is a different animal from literally putting together a theatrical production to deceive the ENTIRE PLANET not to mention getting LITERAL LIFETIME COOPERATION in keeping it a secret FROM EVERYONE.

Lol, you’re irrational. I’m done.

College superstar

We've been to the moon. The Chinese and the Russians would have called us out a LONG time ago had we not done it. That in itself should be proof enough.

Lol. Who do you think sponsors all the conspiracy theories?

1) You can’t read. I said as much as those things. And that is absolutely true.

2) Uh the budget for reaching the moon back then was like a quarter of a trillion dollars during the Apollo missions, adjusting for inflation. Today it’s like 10% of that AT BEST. What other country during what other era has thrown that type of money at making it happen not to mention displaying the emotional desire to do it, including us? Please enlighten me.

3) Building components in ignorance is a different animal from literally putting together a theatrical production to deceive the ENTIRE PLANET not to mention getting LITERAL LIFETIME COOPERATION in keeping it a secret FROM EVERYONE.

Lol, you’re irrational. I’m done.

Cant believe I got this jabroni to quit the conversation simply by asking people to compare modern technology with tech from 50 years ago and poking a couple holes in his laughable narratives.

I am glad you brought up the "its too expensive" argument. Saying that the budget for reaching the moon was $250 billion is like saying that building a F35 costs $1.5 trillion. That $250 billion was the total cost for all of 1960s R/D required to reach the moon, plus all six of the missions that supposedly went to the moon and back... it would cost a small fraction of that today. Anyway, $250 billion for six moon missions and all the tech to get there seems like a bargain compared to $1.5 trillion for a fleet of unnecessary fighter jets.

I also love the "but conspiracies are too hard" argument... as if landing humans on the moon using 1960s technology would be easier than tricking people into believing some nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    There is no way in hell they actually landed on the moon and arrived back on earth safely.. biggest hoax of all time. Even Neil Armstrong himself wanted no part of a life long lie and lived in recluse..

There's no way in hell a man actually made it to the americas in a woodenn boat and arrived back in Spain to tell what he found...biggest hoax of all time. Columbus himself wanted no part of a life long lie and lived in recluse..

The technology just wasn't there, shit it barely was in 1912...I mean a giant steel ship sunk.

In 1981, 12 years after the moon landing, the first space shuttle was built. A technology that could dock on another space object smaller than a house.

Anyway

ad 1)Of course old technology is dependent on old control systems. I work at a firm the heavily depents on old machinery and it's control systems. The machinery is 30 years old and you simply can't substitute one of the two parts and make the other run.

ad 2)China was a total 3rd world country 25 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24

cashew....

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    It would have been more difficult to hoax a moon landing than actually going to the moon.
    Yeah because making a movie set is harder than going further than we ever had at that time in atmospheres and orbital pressures that we weren't even aware of?

Good lord Bran stans have no grasp of reality