Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Default Re: Boxing thread

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I don't know about this kind of take. Seems to me like a routine night for a world class fighter who outclass his opponent. Muhammad Ali would've done the same thing to Ruiz, except maybe with a lot more....taunting and entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    If you're the taller fighter and Joshua looks a good 5/6 inches taller than Ruiz you would be a moron to fight on the inside with him. Get behind your jab and keep him out of range. Boxing isn't a brawl.

yeah I don't disagree with this at all .. he outboxed ruiz and beat him .. just saying that this time around he respected ruiz's punch and never tried to take him out(like he's done with every other opponent) because it would've put himself in a vulnerable position .. something he's never been concerned about before .. he just goes in there and knocks the guy out .. not with ruiz .. that's all I'm saying .. all in all, it's a good sign that he made adjustments and showed some iq out there .. good sign for him going forward ..

ruiz is a disgrace .. I don't wanna see that fat slob again to be honest lol .. what an opportunity of a lifetime to consolidate his last win and show it wasn't a fluke and you let yourself go and look like dog shit before the fight with 6 months to prepare ? then like a moron he says he'll be in great shape for the third fight lol foh joshua did it the right way and redeemed himself from a terrible loss .. props to him

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    yeah I don't disagree with this at all .. he outboxed ruiz and beat him .. just saying that this time around he respected ruiz's punch and never tried to take him out(like he's done with every other opponent) because it would've put himself in a vulnerable position .. something he's never been concerned about before .. he just goes in there and knocks the guy out .. not with ruiz .. that's all I'm saying .. all in all, it's a good sign that he made adjustments and showed some iq out there .. good sign for him going forward ..

ruiz is a disgrace .. I don't wanna see that fat slob again to be honest lol .. what an opportunity of a lifetime to consolidate his last win and show it wasn't a fluke and you let yourself go and look like dog shit before the fight with 6 months to prepare ? then like a moron he says he'll be in great shape for the third fight lol foh joshua did it the right way and redeemed himself from a terrible loss .. props to him
    I like Ruiz as a person but you're spot on. He made life changing money from the 1st fight. Hire a personal chef and nutritionist to prepare all your food and just eat what they give you. He most likely will get that 3rd fight but he doesn't deserve another opportunity. He's a professional athlete for **** sake, behave like one.

Fury - Wilder II on February 2020

Joshua - Usyk on March 2020

Winner fight each other around September.

I'm hearing pulev joshua as a possibility .. he better fight usyk .. pulev already got his ass handled by klitschko and joshua has now adopted some of klistchko's style .. probably be the same result against joshua .. let's see what the new blood usyk can do
    Last edited by dude77; 12-09-2019 at 06:21 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Tonights the night, fight of the decade

Black vs White, who do y'all think will win?

Excited for the Mikey Garcia fight, after a near-year lay off after losing to Spence, he needs to be active from the start. Really want to see Haney-Mikey since Ryan is too busy chasing, what should be, convincing wins against Linares and Campbell before a test versus Tank.

Really want Ryan-Haney to happen.

That Yafai-Chocolatito fight on the UC is going to be damn fun too, along with seeing Pacheco get another easy W.

Solid win by Garcia and Chocolito yesterday.

Who do you say are the best boxers in the world right now?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops View Post
    It's a bit of a disingenuous question on some level because comparing weight classes is almost impossible.

That being said, if I had to name one guy... it's Tyson Fury. If you were magically able to 'adjust' his agility upward proportionately to reducing his size in some fantasy land scenario, as smaller people typically are more agile for obvious reasons, it would be even more abundantly clear.

Even with just how he is right now, there's no one better. There's no one on the planet that is as good at the entire combination of the following three things... avoiding hits, taking hits, distributing hits.

Fury is insanely slippery for someone that size.

Still Floyd. He could come back and fight Canelo at 154 and take every round from him. No joke.

In b4 people get mad.

College superstar

Right now Lomachenko is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet.

Canelo, Usyk, Fury are all elite too.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back View Post
    Right now Lomachenko is the best pound for pound fighter on the planet.

Canelo, Usyk, Fury are all elite too.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

That was a pretty good Lomachenko vs Lopez fight. I agree Lopez did win. He gunned it in the 12th round. I agree with the announcers...those scores were a little too lopsided.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22 View Post
    That was a pretty good Lomachenko vs Lopez fight. I agree Lopez did win. He gunned it in the 12th round. I agree with the announcers...those scores were a little too lopsided.
    one of the best fights I had ever seen... I suspect a rematch in the making...
    Loma had not fought in a while , but he was a master... Lopez just out punched him.
    * Lopez was rocked a few times and 8-10 looked pretty fatigued.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    one of the best fights I had ever seen... I suspect a rematch in the making...
    Loma had not fought in a while , but he was a master... Lopez just out punched him.
    * Lopez was rocked a few times and 8-10 looked pretty fatigued.
    Loma declined a rematch clause in the contract. Teo says he's not giving him one either, as he felt Loma disrespected him by not including one in the contract.