Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Pre-season 2019

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Pre-season 2019

Bobby Marks: Today was the deadline to extend a player that had two years left on his contract. Like his original contact signed in 2017, Joe Ingles has likely and unlikely bonuses as part of his new deal.

Tony Jones: Joe Ingles

https://www.slcdunk.com/2019/10/21/2...-extension-nba

[QUOTE]As it stands currently, the main players alongside Ingles in that second unit will be Dante Exum, Royce O

https://www.slcdunk.com/latest-utah-...n-nba-contract

Joe Ingles joins Bojan Bogdanovic as the only two players the Utah Jazz have guaranteed on contract through that year. Though those two will most likely be joined by Donovan Mitchell who will probably be on a max extension contract from his rookie deal and Rudy Gobert who could possibly be receiving a super max.
    way too early to say Gobert will be back. O'Neale will hopefully be signed next summer and Conley for a pay cut in a couple years as well

https://thejnotes.com/2019/10/21/uta...manuel-mudiay/

If the Utah Jazz are to reach their full potential this upcoming season, a breakout year from new recruit Emmanuel Mudiay is of vital importance.
    really?

[QUOTE]When the Utah Jazz signed Emmanuel Mudiay back in July, it seemed as though he would have a rather small role in determining the team

Tony Jones: Utah Jazz VP Dennis Lindsey to The Athletic on Joe Ingles: Joe and the Jazz have become synonymous. Not only has Joe become one of the better players in the NBA at his position, he and Renae (Ingles

Jake: Bogdonavic was a huge addition to the Jazz during this offseason, but he still has a long way to go. He did not look like the same Bogdanavic that averaged 18 points per a game and shot 49.7% from the field. Bogdonavic made a lot of high impact plays that can’t be recorded on the stat sheet, but as far as the numbers go, he has some work to do. He shot poorly from the field and was unable rack up points as he normally is able.
    agreed/ I was very impressed with Bojan despite his shooting. Being able to run the offense through him?

The defensively questionable lineups will be Donovan-Conley-Bogey combos, with a dearth of length. These guys may have to outscore (vs. stop) opponents and Snyder must be thinking hard about augmenting these three with both Royce and Rudy. And he may be tempted to supplant one of the three with Dante Exum at times to provide more length and an improved overall D (while obviously sacrificing some O).
    The same Dante that is still hurt from last season or the one that just acted like a bitch because Oni made a play on him? How bout Ingles instead?

Mark: No. My initial prognosis of the Jazz was that they would be (a) a dominant regular season team that pounded on weak teams and (b) a challenging playoff out that would struggle against top-end talent and experience. Both of those aspects will remain true: Even if the defense is, at worst, league average, the vastly-improved offense will disorient bad teams with extreme ease to allow the Jazz to get to a comfortable 55 wins. On the other hand, the relatively problematic depth and an inconsistent defense keeps me pessimistic about their chances to win a best-of-7 against the best teams.
    Agreed except the last part. As one of the best teams they will be at the top of the list for buyouts not to mention trades. I'd expect the roster to look different by the end of the year. Just hope their lack of depth doesn't cost them too much early

Allen: I still having the Jazz with mid-50s wins and with the top seed, with the Clippers advancing to the finals. One concern is that Jazz’s 10-15 spots are all developmental and, while having youngsters in the pipeline is good, any injury that propels them into the main rotation could be problematic given how tight the west will be. If I am in Dennis Lindsay’s shoes, I’d think long and hard about sacrificing a couple of youngsters and adding established vets to the end of the bench. Guys who may have lost a step, but you know what you’ll get when you put them on the floor and who are satisfied with a “in case of fire break glass” role.
    They drafted well and Brantley really deserved a spot as well which made it tough. Goss has earned his shot with his play the past couple of years. Exum and the non guaranteed spot of Kidd is where I'd be looking for help. Maybe after December they'll be able to package Exum's contract with young guys and picks for an upgrade and open some roster spots for flexibility going into the buyout season

Preseason Rudy has been cruising and saving himself for the regular season. Making an All-Star team is important to him and he knows that if the Jazz are in a top 4 seed and his scoring improves (likely with improved spacing), he should finally be an All-Star. His leadership and energy are contagious and should propel the Jazz. So, unlike many seeing and sawing manic-depressive fans, I remain bullish on the 2019-20 season.
    Mitchell will probably make the all-star team before him sadly

http://saltcityhoops.com/staff-post-...zzs-preseason/

Isaac Adams: I expected the Jazz defense to be a little worse after losing Derrick Favors and Jae Crowder, and I still believe that it will be just that: a little worse, and not catastrophic. That said, we definitely learned that the team is going to take some time to gel defensively. As bad as it looked, some of the defensive woes were just hot shooting opponents. NBA opponents shot .435 from 3 and .528 overall against the Jazz this preseason. For comparison, the historically bad 2018-19 Cavs defense only allowed .380 from three and .495 from the field.
    I think the defense might be better just because the offense is better. More made shots and less turnovers because of better spacing. The defense might still be behind the offense though!

[QUOTE]Mark Russell Pereira: The Conley-Mitchell-Ingles-Bogdanovic-Gobert1 lineup will be a scorching nightmare for young, bad, tired, or lazy defenses. I thought it would be good, but the limited sample exhibited a collective intelligence that can execute second- and third-level decisions without thought. We

https://thejnotes.com/2019/10/21/uta...manuel-mudiay/

[QUOTE]Even as he transitions to a sixth man role this season, this is particularly helpful for a team that will have a lot of decisions to make in the summer of 2021. That

https://www.deseret.com/2019/10/22/2...a-championship

[QUOTE]However long it takes to come together, the Jazz are built to win this year. It