Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,450

    Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

    Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    So you are telling me we are beholden to protecting THEIR interests and holding up their d!cks because we desperately need that oil. Same country that had a part in screwing us over on 9/11.
    LMAO. Are you insinuating that this is a one sided favor and Saudi benefits from all of this . Our national interest align with our foreign policy with Saudi . This is too complicated for you. You're like playing checkers in a game of chess.

  2. #32
    Stylin' on you MaxFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    10,601

    Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

    Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    So you are telling me we are beholden to protecting THEIR interests and holding up their d!cks because we desperately need that oil. Same country that had a part in screwing us over on 9/11.
    Moreover, we are now far less beholden to the Saudis or any of the other OPEC nations given that the US is top 5 in oil production and petroleum exports and with our friends Canada and Mexico helping to support our markets. The new state of affairs is a stark reversal from what the Saudis have been used to and it terrifies them that the US is exceptionally energy independent. They can no longer court us with oil (in fact, they have been forced in the past to artificially lower production to keep prices up), so now it's Iran.

  3. #33
    Stylin' on you MaxFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    10,601

    Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

    Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    That's Trump being Trump, acting tough on Twitter. He did the same with North Korea. In reality he doesn't want a war with anyone, including Iran.
    There must be a drinking game for when Trump is "acting tough on Twitter" or "threatening opponents on Twitter" or "being a dotard on Twitter."

    It falls short as an excuse, though.

  4. #34
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,450

    Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Moreover, we are now far less beholden to the Saudis or any of the other OPEC nations given that the US is top 5 in oil production and petroleum exports and with our friends Canada and Mexico helping to support our markets. The new state of affairs is a stark reversal from what the Saudis have been used to and it terrifies them that the US is exceptionally energy independent. They can no longer court us with oil (in fact, they have been forced in the past to artificially lower production to keep prices up), so now it's Iran.
    Lol. We do have our own oil . We are just copying how the Dutch got rich without having actual natural resources . But hold on, the last time I look, since the Gulf war, our government have spent over 4.5 trillion dollars ( could

  5. #35
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    10,885

    Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    LMAO. Are you insinuating that this is a one sided favor and Saudi benefits from all of this . Our national interest align with our foreign policy with Saudi . This is too complicated for you. You're like playing checkers in a game of chess.
    Saudi benefits if America forces Iran to leave the picture. Saudi Arabia and Iran hate each other because their interests collide.. Israel and Saudi were threatened by Iran and Iraq. We took out Iraq for them and now they want us to take care of Iran. It's very obvious what they want without having to play chess. I can play Go Fish and figure out what they want from us.

  6. #36
    Stylin' on you MaxFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    10,601

    Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

    Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Saudi benefits if America forces Iran to leave the picture. Saudi Arabia and Iran hate each other because their interests collide.. Israel and Saudi were threatened by Iran and Iraq. We took out Iraq for them and now they want us to take care of Iran. It's very obvious what they want without having to play chess. I can play Go Fish and figure out what they want from us.
    Ding ding ding...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •