NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Am I the only one that finds comic book nerds whining about adaptions hilarous?

Comic books are not real literature and are just the B movies of the literature world. They way comic book nerds complain about adaptions of their joke written cartoons is hilarious. Anyone who takes a comic book or that anime shit seriously is a fukking mongoloid that is half retarded.

Is it that hard to read a real piece of literature? Jesus ****ing christ.

Default Re: Am I the only one that finds comic book nerds whining about adaptions hilarous?

Well, not many things in life are serious. Like sports are not serious. Or Shakespeare. Or novels. Or music.

But sometimes it's more fun if you take it a bit seriously.

Default Re: Am I the only one that finds comic book nerds whining about adaptions hilarous?

There's nothing innate about a comic book that prevents it from being literature... not really a fan of them though. I just don't like blanket statements.

I mean are you any less of a bitch if you're whining about Marvel shit or whining about the adaptation of "literature?" If you wanna talk about literature, I could find you some douchebag to tell you that all of your favorite books don't meet the criteria. It's a joke.

Literature is it's own genre; it's an encompassing (albeit elitist) term. If something 'makes the cut', it can be literature. One could argue that a classic comic would fit. Something like The Killing Joke (which I read at one point, just to see what the fuss was about) was a pretty powerful piece of writing. You can also arguably judge something as literary as how it stands against 'average' shit in its genre, when it becomes transcendent.

Comics and anime, if you wanna go there, allow for a different pathways because you incorporate sound and visual. A picture book is not a comic because a good comic's panels are like photographs that show movement and emotion. Anime has voice and animation and, as I discussed on here, allows you to do wild shit that you can't do with real people. Animation is better than CG IMO, but both like I said allow you to do grotesque things that you could never do with real people.

People whining about anything is kind of funny, tho, sometimes. And I agree comic book movies are ****ing wack. Way wacker than book movies, altho usually book movies (that take the source material seriously) are trash, too.

-Smak

National High School Star

man where does all that hate coming from?

you must be fun at parties

People complain about everything these days. Must be a miserable life .

5-time NBA All-Star

Not hilarious but kind of odd.

But who am I to judge I play AoE and resident evil here and there

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Not hilarious but kind of odd.

But who am I to judge I play AoE and resident evil here and there
    What's your castle time WPS?

real pieces are well written but plenty of them can be boring haha. Also i dont think comic book fans are quite on the level of some sci fi fans(even though scifi novels are more legitimate as literature than comic books). Huge sticklers and some wont give any other media/literature even a chance.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by nightlight
    What's your castle time WPS?
    like 19 mins

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Just because you don't like comics doesn't mean they're not a legit form of telling a story

Am I the only one that finds snobs whining about comic book nerds whining about adaptions hilarous?