Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Finance Advice Thread

After today's close, there are 5 big tech companies that will report Q3 earnings

Amazon
    Google
    Apple
    Twitter
    Facebook

will be interesting to see the results

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Yeah, the best option is to wait it out. I was considering selling a few stocks to move into money. I can probably sell a few apple stocks and just wait in cash to pull the trigger on some diversified ETFs instead like SPY. I'm not very diversified - like 70% of my stocks are in tech, which is dangerous.
    You know nothing about this.

Your boy Biden is going to screw it up for us.

I'm going have to pull 100k out because market is already anticipating this fools presidency due to the polls.

Heres some Financial advice from the billionaires who meet at Davos every year - aka the World Economic Forum

Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better
    (yes thats really what they titled this article)

Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes.

It might seem odd to you, but it makes perfect sense for us in this city. Everything you considered a product, has now become a service. We have access to transportation, accommodation, food and all the things we need in our daily lives. One by one all these things became free, so it ended up not making sense for us to own much.

In our city we don't pay any rent, because someone else is using our free space whenever we do not need it. My living room is used for business meetings when I am not there.

Once in awhile, I will choose to cook for myself. It is easy - the necessary kitchen equipment is delivered at my door within minutes. Since transport became free, we stopped having all those things stuffed into our home. Why keep a pasta-maker and a crepe cooker crammed into our cupboards? We can just order them when we need them.

Shopping? I can't really remember what that is. For most of us, it has been turned into choosing things to use. Sometimes I find this fun, and sometimes I just want the algorithm to do it for me. It knows my taste better than I do by now.

My biggest concern is all the people who do not live in our city. Those we lost on the way. Those who decided that it became too much, all this technology. Those who felt obsolete and useless when robots and AI took over big parts of our jobs. Those who got upset with the political system and turned against it. They live different kind of lives outside of the city. Some have formed little self-supplying communities. Others just stayed in the empty and abandoned houses in small 19th century villages.

Once in awhile I get annoyed about the fact that I have no real privacy. No where I can go and not be registered. I know that, somewhere, everything I do, think and dream of is recorded. I just hope that nobody will use it against me.

All in all, it is a good life. Much better than the path we were on, where it became so clear that we could not continue with the same model of growth. We had all these terrible things happening: lifestyle diseases, climate change, the refugee crisis, environmental degradation, completely congested cities, water pollution, air pollution, social unrest and unemployment. We lost way too many people before we realised that we could do things differently.
    This is the vision of the future held by the most wealthy and powerful people on the planet. Anyone making plans for their financial future should probably make sure that their plans fit into this general framework.

Yeah Im not going to live in fear of that. I'm sure the stock market will still be up and running in 10 years. And I'm sure I'll still own things.

10 years goes by quick... you can find 10 year old threads in here predicting doom and gloom.

smart move, no doubt the davos billionaires have no idea what they're talking about, and none of us should help them figure it out anyway

Go ahead, sell all your possessions based on a 2016 "what if" article.

I'm going to keep investing...

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post

Maybe you should try to learn how finance actually works before you start talking shit on people who are trying to help you

Obviously people should be focused onkeeping their profesions rght

So what is your advice? How should we all prepare?

So what is your advice? How should we all prepare?
    good question, maybe try going back in time to when society wasnt so ****ed

Same.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

@Nanners

https://winteroak.org.uk/2020/10/05/...fascist-reset/

The writer mixes up fascism with communism (Klaus Schwab is obviously a 100% trans humanist Communist who loves Greta Thunberg, against ethnic solidarity, wants to restructure the traditional family, and end gender stereotypes, etc), but a lot of great stuff in it.

They aren't even hiding it anymore. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElAIWEpWkAAxcQ1.jpg

This shouldn’t have been too much of a surprise for Schwab, since his WEF had co-hosted the infamous Event 201 conference in October 2019, which modelled a fictional coronavirus pandemic.

And he wasted little time in bringing out a new book, Covid-19: The Great Reset, co-authored with Thierry Malleret, who runs something called the Monthly Barometer, “a succinct predictive analysis provided to private investors, global CEOs and opinion- and decision-makers”. (90)

Published in July 2020, the book sets out to advance “conjectures and ideas about what the post-pandemic world might, and perhaps should, look like”. (91)

Schwab and Malleret admit that Covid-19 is “one of the least deadly pandemics the world has experienced over the last 2000 years”, adding that “the consequences of COVID-19 in terms of health and mortality will be mild compared to previous pandemics”. (92)

They add: “It does not constitute an existential threat, or a shock that will leave its imprint on the world’s population for decades”. (93)

Yet, incredibly, this “mild” illness is simultaneously presented as the excuse for unprecedented social change under the banner of “The Great Reset”!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Heres some Financial advice from the billionaires who meet at Davos every year - aka the World Economic Forum

Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better
    (yes thats really what they titled this article)

This is the vision of the future held by the most wealthy and powerful people on the planet. Anyone making plans for their financial future should probably make sure that their plans fit into this general framework.
    We are gonna take seriously a writer that thinks the concept of "shopping" will disappear?

Humans will share personal living space for free? Not happening.

Things will just be plentiful? Not happening.

I think I made the most money from this pandemic. For October alone I made a killing. Starting from August I noticed an increase. Been doing crazy hours.

I'm going to start investing this week so, let's see. I don't think I can keep up working 12-14 hours so I'm going to need other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    smart move, no doubt the davos billionaires have no idea what they're talking about, and none of us should help them figure it out anyway
    You don't listen to doctors and scientists but you want to listen to billionaires. Bernie would be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime View Post
    You don't listen to doctors and scientists but you want to listen to billionaires. Bernie would be so proud.
    Are you stupid? (Dont answer that).

Hes not saying to listen to them as in ‘do what they say.’

Hes saying look at their statements and analyze their intentions. Which I believe was his position with regards to doctors and scientists whom the corporate media has chosen to highlight during the Covid. Which makes his position on those matters consistent.

The people in the government dont care about you. They dont care if you have the flu or not. They dont give a shit if youre healthy or happy. So if theyre pushing some big program or agenda or paradigm shift? It has to do with money.

You are a low IQ farm animal with no knowledge of anything. You are under complete control of government for both a paycheck and a social perspective. Your contributions in every discussion contain zero substance - EVER - and amount to nothing more than shrill emotional hemorrhaging. You are a puppet, a sheep, a zombie, a wind up doll.

Just dont talk. Your stupidity is an offense to every remotely independently cogitating human. You are a COMPLETE pleb. You get the least amount of respect of any regular poster on the board. Youre an unhinged, effeminate punch line.

Keep quiet. If you want some attention, put on an apron and bake us some cookies.
    Last edited by starface; 11-01-2020 at 07:00 PM.