Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast

Default Re: Finance Advice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    Any of you actually listen to me on loading up on airlines, hotels, banks, everything else that was damaged?

all that shit is recovering $$$
    No, I instead went with Palantir, healthcare etf and clean energy etfs, which will be exploding under Biden.. Palantir is up 75% for me.

Only bank stock I have is BAC, which I have been holding for a while & 18% gain. I didn't have money remaining for other stocks.

I don't have money to add. So it's either sell something to reinvest elsewhere or just hold & wait. I'm thinking of selling VOO to free up some money to put into stocks. Smart idea or dumb? It's either VOO (s&p 500 etf), FAN (wind etf), ICLN (clean energy etf) or IHF (healthcare etf). Or sell couple Apple stocks to reinvest elsewhere. I don't know

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I tried investing in the stock market the other day and made 12p profit

I felt like a proper businessman that day

I'm resistant to selling clean energy etfs or VOO. They are guaranteed to go up over time.

Healthcare has some risk. Apple looks safe as hell right now, but think it can go up further? They have 2 trillion valuation. How far up can Apple possibly go?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    No, I instead went with Palantir, healthcare etf and clean energy etfs, which will be exploding under Biden.. Palantir is up 75% for me.

Only bank stock I have is BAC, which I have been holding for a while & 18% gain. I didn't have money remaining for other stocks.

I don't have money to add. So it's either sell something to reinvest elsewhere or just hold & wait. I'm thinking of selling VOO to free up some money to put into stocks. Smart idea or dumb? It's either VOO (s&p 500 etf), FAN (wind etf), ICLN (clean energy etf) or IHF (healthcare etf). Or sell couple Apple stocks to reinvest elsewhere. I don't know
    I mean rule of thumb, buy low and sell high...if you think there is still a lot of room to grow in the things you have then sit I guess. I own BAC and I'm still sitting on it.

I see a lot of investors advising that now is the time to up your cash position....wait for the next dip then jump back in.

What I think though is that the next 'big moment' in the stock market will be based around the stimulus. And it's either going to cause a market sell off, or a market explosion....based on what Biden decides. And honestly I have no idea what the stimulus is going to be like or if there will even be one at all....it's a gamble. Biden could announce "huge stimulus coming" tomorrow...and it would cause a +1000 point jump in the DOW...and it would really suck to sitting on raw cash if that goes down.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I don't have much money sitting around to invest to another sector so all I can really do is take profits here to shift elsewhere. I had too much in tech so trying to shift out of tech.

I didn't sell much. Just couple Square stocks. Going to wait for a big dip day to buy some other stock or market-wide etf like SPY.
    Several people advised bitcoin. I also think that despite the fact that it is a risky allocation it can theoretically bring the biggest profit. I guess it would be sensible to keep at least 5% of your portfolio in BTC. Elliott wave principle shows that BTC will renew ATH soon. Now it has a solid correction so it is high time to think about buying BTC, my opinion.

Dow back above 30k...

Since Buffett dropped his airline positions they have gained 30%...I think a case can be made that Buffett is past his prime, too old, and now perhaps his moves shouldn't be seen as sound advice.

When he sold his airline positions, he was going against his OWN advice..."Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful"

Dow back above 30k...

Since Buffett dropped his airline positions they have gained 30%...I think a case can be made that Buffett is past his prime, too old, and now perhaps his moves shouldn't be seen as sound advice.

When he sold his airline positions, he was going against his OWN advice..."Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful"
    He still has his treasure chest filled. Threw out some pocket change by nothing big. He could have outright bought Tesla in April or at least half of Tesla lol. Can you imagine if he had done that? He might have become the richest man in the world.

The guy is 90 years old...if you follow his career and investing advice there is a ton of timeless wisdom there. But the moves he is making right now? I'm not sure we should be viewing it in that same light. He's made a lot of questionable moves.

The guy is 90 years old...if you follow his career and investing advice there is a ton of timeless wisdom there. But the moves he is making right now? I'm not sure we should be viewing it in that same light. He's made a lot of questionable moves.
    I am sure it is all priced in. He should still just retire and enjoy life. Not worth the stress.

Sndl

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I'm 22 years old and one thing I have learned about rich people is how frugal they are with their spending

They're so careful with what they're buying, they essentially spend money like a poor person and only buy the bear minimum

Cutting out non-essentials, like alcohol, cigarettes and lottery tickets can go a long way
    Little things like walking instead of public transport

If I spent my money like some of my rich friends I would be rich myself

Thinking about jumping on Moderna now...this stock is upsetting to me because I actually owned a lot of it but sold it long ago as cases/deaths were dwindling down and I didn't think a vaccine would even be needed

It's a gamble type move at this point...but reading this is making me think it's worth jumping in even at this high price.

Thinking about jumping on Moderna now...this stock is upsetting to me because I actually owned a lot of it but sold it long ago as cases/deaths were dwindling down and I didn't think a vaccine would even be needed

It's a gamble type move at this point...but reading this is making me think it's worth jumping in even at this high price.
    I'm not touching any big pharma stocks involved directly in covid vaccine, unless if it's a sector-wide pharma ETF. There are too many vaccines coming down the pipeline from too many companies. Who knows if Moderna is still the stock to own in say March? It could be Johnson & Johnson or Pfizer or something else entirely

It's definitely risky... I'm pretty spread out though, I'll risk a little, see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I'm 22 years old and one thing I have learned about rich people is how frugal they are with their spending

They're so careful with what they're buying, they essentially spend money like a poor person and only buy the bear minimum

Cutting out non-essentials, like alcohol, cigarettes and lottery tickets can go a long way
    Little things like walking instead of public transport

If I spent my money like some of my rich friends I would be rich myself
    Yeah but quality of life is far more important. I took public transportation for over 16 years and finally purchased a nice decent car. I'll never go back.

Buying quality is vital. Buying what makes you happy is important.

These people are miserable fcks