Page 11 of 167 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161111 ... LastLast

Thread: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    We also forget Biden had absolutely no authority to dictate to a foreign government who they can have as chief prosecutor by holding an IMF tranche hostage. If he wasn't so damn stupid and arrogant he wouldn't have committed that mistake on video, incriminating himself. The idea that the prosecutor was inept or corrupt (classical attack the messanger),
    He actually did have the authority... because it was US aid. He was given that authority by the Obama administration who widely viewed the prosecutor, Shorkin, as corrupt. Now, it's your prerogative to defend "the messenger," but remember that in this extremely corrupt Ukraine, this "messenger" wasn't able to advance a single prosecution or investigation during his tenure. It's not that his numbers were lower than expected and that he was inept. No... he didn't bring a single case... in highly corrupt Ukraine of all places. His own deputy resigned and publicly stated that he was corrupt and sitting on cases. How is it that not a single case was advanced? Did all the corruption in Ukraine suddenly and retroactively stop?

Doesn't sound like an "attack the messenger" situation as much as it was a "get rid of the prosecutor everyone acknowledges is part of the problem of corruption" situation.

Incidentally, Trump used this same reasoning to withhold aid from the Ukraine... he cited concerns about corruption in their government... though it was likely more about Biden and Clinton.

No amount of spin from the media machinery can change those facts. Not a single one.
    Hmmm, the truth and good reporting has a way of debunking the false narratives that people desperately want to be true and are pushing. But who are we going to believe... the prosecutor who couldn't find a single case of corruption in Ukraine, or the media that pointed out that though there was plenty of corruption, that prosecutor was choosing to not to advance any of the investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Which is really what you want, and which is what you should have simply stated from the onset since it was abundantly clear that was your angle. You've gone from alleging wrongdoing by Biden to just hoping he gets hurt by all of this even if he is clean, now that the relevant facts are out showing that he actually acted above board. Same thing with China by the way... I can post about some of those details too.

What you haven't seemed to realize yet is that if Biden falls, Warren rises... it's not Bernie and his asinine plans, my friend. He's done... it's a wrap. Warren might beat him worse that Hillary did.

Your reading comprehension could use some work, I'll try to dumb it down for you.

I still think that Biden did some corrupt shit in Ukraine (the dude openly confessed to it after all). What the post you have quoted here is saying is that as far as the election and public opinion are concerned, I think the appearance of corruption will basically do just as much damage as the real thing. Is that easy enough for you to understand or do you want me to write it in crayon?

No need to copy-paste from your NYT or WAPO article that supposedly clears Biden of his shady shit in China, if I want to read establishment propaganda I'll just read it off one of the establishment websites.

I love that you actually have faith in Warren... please, keep telling yourself that a fragile and spineless windsock of a candidate who lied about being a minority and was a republican until age 50 is going to survive the rest of the primary and then go on to beat Trump. Now that Tulsi has been approved for the next debate, my bet is that she will be the one who tosses Warrens campaign into the dumpster... just like she did to your girl Kamala.
    Last edited by Nanners; 09-26-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    GOP advisor says 30 Republican senators would vote to impeach Trump...if it was a secret vote.

That party unity starting to show some cracks?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...69572575483076
    assuming it's true, nah, I have no doubt these dudes would impeach Trump if they had the chance (a reason that wouldn't lose them the next election.) They are all on the same side.

Ps the transcript was a joke. I dunno how anyone could get mad over that. Dude started out talking about draining the swamp and corruption and Trump was like oh corruption btw... haha. I mean, maybe it was improper (tbh I don't think it was, but maybe some people could argue that?), but I don't see how you can impeach him for that.

I also don't understand the "AG is supposed to be the one who handles this" on one side outrage, then outrage when Trump says "You should talk to the AG" haha.

They said it was memos + voice recognition software. Everyone wants to believe there are secret parts. I agree, that's possible, that's probably the only part that could be damning.

All that Russia and Stormy crap at least appeared bad, but maybe this whistleblower has a lot more info? Dunno.

It's sad that this is what our political system is now. That's why I don't mind Trump at all. He's basically stress testing it. haha.

Edit: @ mainstream media, yo these were the dudes who reported all the Biden stuff again some months ago, before Trump talked about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_sdTC7Anw

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 09-26-2019 at 05:09 AM.

NBA rookie of the year SomeBlackDude's Avatar

whistleblower report is out.

looks like maga has more than a half dozen tekashis on their squad.

tragic.

i'll be praying for maga.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    You know it's bad when Republicans respond after reading the whistleblower report with "We need to get all the facts. We should avoid jumping to premature conclusions."

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    whistleblower report is out.

looks like maga has more than a half dozen tekashis on their squad.

tragic.

i'll be praying for maga.
    if the part of the complaint that speaks on the phone call between trump and zelensky is accurate with the actual summary transcript of the call, then we can suggest that the rest of the complaint is also credible, nah?

From the complaint:

The Ukrainian side was the first to publicly acknowledge the phone call. on the evening of 25 July, a readout was posted on the website of the Ukrainian President that contained the following line (translation from original Russian-language readout):

[LIST]Donald Trump expressed his conviction that the new Ukrainian government will be able to quickly improve Ukraine's image and complete the investigation of corruption cases that have held bad cooperation between Ukraine and the United States.[/LIST]

Aside from the above-mentioned "cases" purportedly dealing with the Biden family and the 2016 U.S. election, I was told by White House officials that no other "cases" were discussed.
    Two things... First, Trump has some disloyal individuals in the White House. We've known this to be the case, but this is next level.

Second, yeah... the Ukrainian President interpreted that the lack of resolution in the Biden and Clinton cases were holding back relations between the US and the Ukraine. I'm almost certain that perception wasn't derived from just that one call.

You know it's bad when Republicans respond after reading the whistleblower report with "We need to get all the facts. We should avoid jumping to premature conclusions."

DOJ declined to open an investigation after the IC IG said Trump might've broken law on Zelensky call. Officials reviewed transcript - but did little else - even tho analysts say there was evidence of campaign finance violations & illegal quid pro quo
    attorney general barr appears to be involved as well

^they need to do a sequel of geraldo's vault with that computer system.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    if the part of the complaint that speaks on the phone call between trump and zelensky is accurate with the actual summary transcript of the call, then we can suggest that the rest of the complaint is also credible, nah?
    the ig launched an investigation following this complaint, investigated all the maga snitches, concluded that a) the complaint was credible and also urgent b) the emperor and his goons potentially committed federal crimes.

thank the emperor for barr doe.

even if he is directly implicated.

More...

In the days following the phone call, I learned from multiple U.S. officials that senior White House officials had intervened to "lock down" all records of the phone call, especially the official word-for-word transcript of the call that was produced - as is customary- by the White House Situation Room. This set of actions underscored to me that White House officials understood the gravity of what had transpired in the call.

[LIST]White House officials told me that they were "directed" by White House lawyers to remove the electronic transcript from the computer system in which such transcripts are typically stored for coordination, finalization and distribution to Cabinet-level officials.[/LIST]

[LIST]Instead, the transcript was loaded into a separate electronic system that is otherwise used to store and handle classified information of an especially sensitive nature. One White House official described this act as an abuse of this electronic system because the call did not contain anything remotely sensitive from a national security perspective.[/LIST]
    It's always the cover up...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    GOP advisor says 30 Republican senators would vote to impeach Trump...if it was a secret vote.

That party unity starting to show some cracks?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...69572575483076
    Party unity? Did you watch the GOP primaries of 2015-16? Or for that matter the complete derailment of his agenda?

Given the nature of the accusation I believe it will go nowhere. Trump has caved on foreign policy everywhere except China as well. On the home front neutralized too. There is not much to hate for the uniparty establishment other than him telegraphing potentially going hard after Biden which is clearly a red line. Just like he let Hillary get off free, so is the impeachment talk a way to warn him not to do something stupid and cross the rubicon with Biden. And he will oblige and just keep it a mud slinging contest. Those Republicans got their man in office already, his name is Mike Pence, the GOP fail safe the second it was clear they wouldn't be able to stop Trump from getting the GOP nom - in case of impeachment. That's why if the big boys decide Trump really has to go... he will go.

As for Max, you can selectively quote all you want and avoid the unavoidable. Post coup enrichment of Biden's boy in a corrupt entity in Ukraine doing nothing but smoking blunt and sniffing cocaine. You work hard on that.

You won't pin me to defend a Ukrainian bureaucrat. Your mistake is going out on a limb betting everything on the alleged fact that the man was inept or corrupt. Assuming or suggesting that his replacement wasn't, and quoting cases his replacement prosecuted (aka selectively prosecuted cases - while turning an eye on others). If you knew anything about how Ukraine runs you would know. You only have to look at the state of the country to see it brimming in corruption, worse than pre-coup which is why it's a borderline failed state. You don't get to that point by having improved governance. To sit here and claim or attempt to suggest Shorkin's replacement was the end all . No he wasn't. Just another corrupt piece of shit that simply had to look the other way on some cases, while not on others, settling the scores of certain clans, keeping up appereances and following diktats from the U.S embassy. A Yes man, who didn't cross the really wrong people, unlike Shorkin, and was happy to take on a vacated job opening.

Corruption was embeded into the Ukranian operation from the get-go. From Poreshenko, down to the last parliamentarian in the new Rada... all corrupt. And the U.S knowingly worked with all of the big wigs, above the political grunts and muscle, oligarchs like Pinchuk and others for this very goal... the seizure of power. It's laughable, and offensive to pretend it's anything but a freedom loving, democracy enterprise. The results speak for themselves. But like I said, I'm fine with all of it. That's the dirty reality of how the world works, not the illusion of how things are for the masses. So as long as you're getting your piece (paid) you should be alright. If you don't, and do heavy lifting parroting... well...sheep. You're also not alone on that, the overwhelming majority of humans are sheep.

Anyway it doesn't alter anything whether the guy was corrupt or not given the points I've made. Moreover you contradict yourself making the assertion that Shorkin went after no one yet the reason we're here is because he was going after Biden's boy. So which is it???... contradict yourself again and ask me to take you seriously once more. Quoting hit pieces on Shorkin to absolve Biden won't change that.

Obviously we eventually arrive by simple logic to the fact that Ukraine post-coup had a purge of the Russian-inclined clan. Not only that but old scores were settled by oligarchs against other oligarchs in turf wars - not just by oligarchs on the business side but puppet politicians of said oligarchs getting retribution from the new kids in town with power as well - and not just the Russian inclined. Look no further than Poroshenko and the Orange "Revolution" whore. Our assets (CIA) did and still do their thing as well (traitors to Ukraine - useful to us). The results however, yikes. They've clearly handled things better than the others before them..... NOT. Then again we're perfectly fine that Ukraine is a shit hole as well. As long as it's not part of the new EAEU and ****-blocks Russia, along with causing chaos at its border, derailing a market for trade and integration, and being the excuse from which to launch sanctions at them to contain them and grow seperation between them and Europe..... it all works very well within the confines of keeping potential rivals down.

Sadly I'm pretty sure those young naive Ukranians, with no fvcking clue of what they were doing - the ones that weren't a rent-a-mob by ONGs without a real job - have had to face the reality of their foolish mistakes. Caught in a geopolitical cross-fire. Their future? Migrating to Western Europe or Russia to clean toilets etc... or falling victim to Nazi propaganda at home and becoming lost souls. Really a hell of a job. At least there aren't slave markets like in Libya. It could have definitely being worse. Still some are dying in the war in the East.

Lastly you've been boxed into quoting MSM articles... sad sight...
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 09-26-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    I was going to post this. Yup... we can.

There has been an effort to dismiss the complaint as irrelevant and inaccurate because the individual got much of the information he included in the complaint second hand from White House and other sources. But now it is clear that the facts in his complaint - at least in the recounting of the call - are incredibly accurate.

So after reading the transcript, and the whistleblower complaint which accurately reflected the discussion that the transcript recorded, it's clear that Rudy G. is going to be subpoenaed. He has no right to privilege since he does not work for the government, nor did he simply provided legal services to Trump, but took action on Trump's behalf in a foreign country. He's going to try invoke privilege and will likely find himself in contempt. There's a chance that he may be the first person to end up in jail as a result of contempt.

So after reading the transcript, and the whistleblower complaint which accurately reflected the discussion that the transcript recorded, it's clear that Rudy G. is going to be subpoenaed. He has no right to privilege since he does not work for the government, nor did he simply provided legal services to Trump, but took action on Trump's behalf in a foreign country. He's going to try invoke privilege and will likely find himself in contempt. There's a chance that he may be the first person to end up in jail as a result of contempt.
    rudy was warned back in may. the crooked dems were like 'rudy, don't do that stupid shit.' and he was like cool. then a few months later he did the stupid shit.

he has no one to blame but himself.

and he has no reason to spend one minute behind bars.

he knows what he has to do.