Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Persona 5 Royal

  1. #1
    Data Pagan MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Data Pagan
    Posts
    11,033

    Default Persona 5 Royal

    Coming out October 31st. Persona 5 was brilliant, I was going to wait for the western version but I will be having a lot more free time soon. Who else is stoked?

  2. #2
    Banned LAmbruh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Consensus
    Posts
    10,059

    Default Re: Persona 5 Royal

    This game gets massive love and rave reviews but i've never been into turn based RPG's like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. What's diff about Persona5 that separates it's greatness?

  3. #3
    Bitch Hands fsvr54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,918

    Default Re: Persona 5 Royal

    Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    This game gets massive love and rave reviews but i've never been into turn based RPG's like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. What's diff about Persona5 that separates it's greatness?
    Persona 5 is one of my all time favorite games.

    I don't like turn based rpgs or combat (other than chrono trigger lol), but Persona 5's is by faaaarrrr the most fun turn based combat system ever. you just want to keep playing and I found everything about the game awesome (from the style to the characters, to the soundtrack and story). I'm definitely getting this, the western release next year. You kind of have to like anime at least a little bit though.

    Started Hollow Knight yesterday; that shit is dope as hell.

  4. #4
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    906

    Default Re: Persona 5 Royal

    Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    This game gets massive love and rave reviews but i've never been into turn based RPG's like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. What's diff about Persona5 that separates it's greatness?
    Don't know about Persona 5 but Persona 4 aside from its fantasy monster battles also played as a social simulator and had a mystery behind it the full story of which you could easily have missed entirely. All of them are adolescent but it was a distinctively different RPG experience for someone not familiar with the series. Don't know if it has already become a clich
    Last edited by Stephonit; 10-13-2019 at 05:13 AM.

  5. #5
    Data Pagan MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Data Pagan
    Posts
    11,033

    Default Re: Persona 5 Royal

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Don't know about Persona 5 but Persona 4 aside from its fantasy monster battles also played as a social simulator and had a mystery behind it the full story of which you could easily have missed entirely. All of them are adolescent but it was a distinctively different RPG experience for someone not familiar with the series. Don't know if it has already become a clich
    Idk what a clich is, but this is a good explanation.

  6. #6
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    906

    Default Re: Persona 5 Royal

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Idk what a clich is, but this is a good explanation.
    The above post was clipped, probably during the move process to the new server. The word was supposed to be cliché and there was more after that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •