Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Zion is the next Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    You people are forgeting underrating young Barkley in terms of athleticism.

- Barkley was stronger.

-13 tonight. All his baskets in the paint against a team with literally no interior defense.

His looks very good against that defense.

I think he's going to struggle against legit NBA bigs.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    LMAO!!! Hoops forums don't hurt my ego. It's not THAT SERIOUS!
    Stopped reading right there. The fact you tl;dnr wall of text shows your insecurity. "I'm not hurt, but I'll right an essay on why I'm totally right!" You're worse than Kblaze

Like I said, Barkley was a post monster you dumped the ball into and let him go to work and offensively controlled the paint. Like Shaq, McHale, Dantley, Hakeem. Zion in no way has that type of skillset. You immediately went to physical compatibles and said yup! They're the same. You read things on a messagboard and glorify it. No actual eye test.

Zion is a downhill slasher. You telling me you're gonna post up Zion and isolate him in the post? And he's gonna dominate the guy defending him? Lol.

*** outta here with that! Or better yet, start a new wall of text on why you're not hurt

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    He's a combo of all the guys mentioned here.

Or most of them anyway.

I see a lot of 80s Barkley in Zion. Full court terror who bulldozes to the cup. GREAT athlete. Aesthetic power dunker like Kemp too.

Larry Johnson though? Not seeing it. I was never high on LJ's game so its probably bias.
    I mentioned that. Open court transition he's unstoppable. But that's where the Barkley comparison starts and ends. The same thing can be said about Lebron. All 3 of them are freight trains from one end to the other.

I like the Kemp comparison a lot more. You got a freakish athlete completely bouncy. You set screens off the ball and let him jump over people. Or have him stand around the basket and dump off and finish. Same thing with early athletic LJ before his knees broke him down and resorted to being a jump shooter.

Barkley was ungaurdable in the post, with the ball IN HIS HANDS and let him operate. Which is why I don't like the Zion comparison because Zion is not a throwback. Having said all that Zion is a physical freak. If we say he's Barkley because of that might as well say he's Shaq or Lebron. In terms of skillet he's not the same isolate in the paint as a McHale, Barkley, or Dantley which is the comparisons I use. Zion is a unique specimen.

Physical comparisons don't necessarily translate to on court. Take the total package and you get a better description

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    A fat loser that never wins anything. Got it.
    Loser? The guy is one of the NBA all time great players.

You keyboard warriors throw the word "loser" around so often on forums

What have you achieved better than Sir Charles?

Kobe Stan

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I mentioned that. Open court transition he's unstoppable. But that's where the Barkley comparison starts and ends. The same thing can be said about Lebron. All 3 of them are freight trains from one end to the other.

I like the Kemp comparison a lot more. You got a freakish athlete completely bouncy. You set screens off the ball and let him jump over people. Or have him stand around the basket and dump off and finish. Same thing with early athletic LJ before his knees broke him down and resorted to being a jump shooter.

Barkley was ungaurdable in the post, with the ball IN HIS HANDS and let him operate. Which is why I don't like the Zion comparison because Zion is not a throwback. Having said all that Zion is a physical freak. If we say he's Barkley because of that might as well say he's Shaq or Lebron. In terms of skillet he's not the same isolate in the paint as a McHale, Barkley, or Dantley which is the comparisons I use. Zion is a unique specimen.

Physical comparisons don't necessarily translate to on court. Take the total package and you get a better description
    Zion IS good in the post though at this stage of his career...did you see him at Duke?

You are exaggerating by throwing in the Shaq/Lebron comparisons...

I think Zion can be very similar to Barkley by his 3rd season. Both Zion and Barkley aren't great long range shooters either but have underrated handles.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Zion IS good in the post though at this stage of his career...did you see him at Duke?

You are exaggerating by throwing in the Shaq/Lebron comparisons...

I think Zion can be very similar to Barkley by his 3rd season. Both Zion and Barkley aren't great long range shooters either but have underrated handles.
    Yes I did watch Zion. A lot. And the majority of his game like I said is slashing downhill. He gets his points with off the ball movement. Backdoor cuts, off ball screens and dump offs. Not by posting up and creating his own shot. Zion does not have Barkley's back you down bang'em style post move. Makes me wonder if you ever watched Barkley.

This comparison reminds me of when everyone said Porzingis was a Kirilenko clone. This is just as off. Barkley and Zion is like saying Embiid plays like Hakeem. In fact that's a parallel comparison. Hakeem had footwork in the post where Embiid used nimble feet driving to the basket. But because they are africans using footwork they are clones. Trust me. My eye test is very accurate on this

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    A fat loser that never wins anything. Got it.
    Are Bran stans so stupid they can't even fathom that Barkley would have at least one chip if it wasn't for the GOAT. Jordan ain't like Bran handing out chips and FMVPs left and right

He's the next Shawn Kemp.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    He's the next Shawn Kemp.
    Thank you. Someone who has watched 90's basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    He probably won't develop the post game and the touch around the basket Sir Charles had.

21.6 PPG on 58.13% FG on only 12.9 FGAs PG for 16 seasons (including those passed his prime in Houston as 3rd option)

22.5 PPG on 55.13% FG on only 14.5 FGAs PG for Play-Off Runs (including those passed his prime in Houston as 3rd option)
    Where the hell are you getting those stats?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I would say in terms of pure explosiveness of the floor, Zion resembles me of Kemp. People forget how EXPLOSIVE Kemp was. Dude was a freak. And Kemp was also explosive off both feet. He had the speed to run like a deer but also the deep knee bend to get in a crouch and go over the top of people near the basket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHb875YbbrA
    I'm on board with Kemp in terms of the explosive part. Kemp had the great combo of one foot and two foot hops as well. Among PF's, he had the best blend of the two. BUT Zion could be the one who supercedes him in that regard!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Thank you. Someone who has watched 90's basketball
    I agree with that as well.

Kemp had a midrange shot tho.

But yes, Kemp is the closest comparison. On offense and defense.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh

Muscle Tone Does Not = Strenght

But Added Strenght to Your Natural Strenght

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Where the hell are you getting those stats?
    Take Away 3-Pointers Made and Shot From Chuck Stats and They Equal That.

He Was A Monster Scorer Inside The Three Point Line Per Shot Taken.