Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Bistro Rufus 2.0

Perfect time to up your cooking game fellas.

Trying that salmon recipe rufus posted at some point.

I've really been into zuchinni and have done it multiple ways. I saw a trick from a youtuber called Adam Ragusea who cuts off the seeded core which is the slimy bit. Makes it taste better.

Also did some potatoes in the oven with some duck fat that were incredibly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. You can even do the same with sweet potatoes.

Tasted incredible. Paired it a couple shoulder blade roast chopped sandwiches that I put on the weber for 12 hrs plus 1 hr rest.

I bought some nice cuts of beef at the store while all the plebes were buying chicken breast and shit. Whole chicken that can last for 2-3 meals.

Roasts that can last for 3-4 meals.

Rump cap/Picanha that I can get 5 steaks out of.

My neighbor above me works for a beef company and has hooked it up with some nice 21 day aged grass fed porterhouses and ribeyes.

Thinking I will remake some enchiladas since I can get multiple meals out of it.
    Last edited by Hawker; 03-23-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul View Post
    I like to use both a cast iron pan and the oven. And I like to start with a thick filet with the skin on.

So you put some butter and some herbs (I like parsley and dill but whatever fresh herbs are available) in a cast iron pan, place it in the oven and heat to 425.

Season the salmon with salt and pepper and put it in the pan skin side up. After 4-5 minutes remove the skin (it will just peel right off.). Season the other side, flip it and cook for another 4-5 minutes or to preferred doneness. I like salmon slightly medium-medium rare. When done you've got a nice cooked fish with an herb butter sauce.
    Sounds delicious, but why not keep the skin on when turning, won't it get nice and crispy?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Sounds delicious, but why not keep the skin on when turning, won't it get nice and crispy?
    Good point - crispy fish skin is pretty tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Good point - crispy fish skin is pretty tasty.
    just score it in a cross hatch way, otherwise the skin will curl

O Em Gee! I've been doing nothing but cook and stress eat for the past 2 weeks. I'm even making fvcking desserts! I hate making desserts but last week I made a fvcking creme brûlée's from fvcking scratch and yesterday I made a gooey butter cake from a NYT recipe. I'm so sick of fvcking beans and rice but trying to create variety is like being a contestant on Chopped. What can I make with canned sardines, frozen hash browns and a mandarine orange? Jesus it's only week 2 and I'm already climbing the walls.

Jus a bit ago I was going through the pantry and found a jar of peppadew peppers so I decided to make pimento cheese. Now this is an item all y'all Brooklyn hipsters have been seeing on menus recently but we've been making it here in the South for generations. And y'all don't do it right btw.

made some ribeye for valentines dinner.

sous vide @137F for 2hrs, then quick seer. didn't get the best sear since i had an oil that was too smoky and i didn't want to set the smoke alarms off. still prefer to grill steaks over searing on a cooktop.

followed recipes from kenji alt lopez

the chicken thighs are sous vide @ 165F for 3hrs, then seared on a stainless steel pan. ****ing delicous, sous vide is the move if you want juicy chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post

followed recipes from kenji alt lopez

the chicken thighs are sous vide @ 165F for 3hrs, then seared on a stainless steel pan. ****ing delicous, sous vide is the move if you want juicy chicken.
    sous vide cooking is meme bullshit... you shouldnt be eating food cooked in a plastic bag, especially not fvckin chicken thighs which will be juicy and delicious with a simple pan fry or bake in the oven

I assume you have been to a fancy restaurant before right? How many sous vide cuts of meat were they serving?

yeah, you're an idiot.

the fat clown who cooks his meat in plastic bags thinks that im an idiot

btw nice "sear" on that steamed steak you posted above
    Last edited by Nanners; 02-17-2023 at 11:08 AM.

idiot who thinks there aren't modified polymers that can withstand common cooking temperatures. that's what happens when you're an idiot that talks out of his ass without doing basic research. keep fuming tho, seems like you've been melting down all morning. go touch grass and get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    idiot who thinks there aren't modified polymers that can withstand common cooking temperatures. that's what happens when you're an idiot that talks out of his ass without doing basic research. keep fuming tho, seems like you've been melting down all morning. go touch grass and get laid.
    LOL enjoy your food cooked in "modified polymers"

these chicken thighs are so juicy... and nothing makes a juicy chicken thigh like cooking it in modified polymers

IMO you should spend less time worrying about my sex life and more time worrying about the fact that youre cooking meat in plastic bags