Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2019-20 season - Been waiting two decades for this one!

https://thejnotes.com/2020/03/28/5-p...e-utah-jazz/2/

Clarkson will be an unrestricted free agent, giving him the chance to sign anywhere. The Jazz own his bird rights, and can offer him the most money, so it feels likely that he will re-sign, especially given his role and friendship with the other players.
    Depends on the price and the amount of years. They are already paying Bojan, Ingles and O'Neale a lot of money past next year with Mitchell and Gobert max deals still to come. They need a starting PF more than anything, Clarkson is a gunner. I wouldn't be bringing him back unless it's the right deal. Mudiay might make more sense on a much cheaper deal\

Davis signed a two-year, $10 million contract with the Jazz. It shouldn’t be difficult to trade, but the Jazz likely won’t get a great return for him. Still, Davis deserves a chance elsewhere, and you’ll take what you can get. He’s been nothing but professional and classy during his time in Salt Lake City.

won't be difficult if they throw in assets or take another contract on that the other team doesn't want like the Devin Harris expiring for 2 years of Marvin Williams.

Might have to cut him and spread his contract out. Either way he has to go!

It really hurts me in many ways having to write this. Rudy Gobert, my favorite player, the best player on the Utah Jazz and someone who I thought could be a Jazz lifer, has a gloomy future after his novel coronavirus diagnosis sparked a tension between he and the locker room.

The future is gloomy in Utah without him. Hello tanking!

All us Utah Jazz fans can do is hope that this time off gives the team so time to heal and regather themselves. Trading Gobert is not something that the franchise wants to do, so as you can imagine, they will do everything in their power to keep their star duo happy.

Might be just the excuse they need not to pay him the supermax. They always wanted to tank anyway and he ruined their grand plans

I’d love to see the Jazz retain Mudiay, but he’s not going to be the top priority. He could likely find more minutes elsewhere, which could influence his free agency decision. He does love though, and has been very vocal about it. We’ll see how it plays out.

I think they are limited to what they can pay him because of the 1 year minimum deal too. Him or Clarkson will be gone if not both

Prior to the NBA suspending the 2019-20 season, Williams-Goss was dealing with a shin injury. He should be healthy and ready to go if the season picks back up, but if it doesn’t, I’d say we may have seen the last of him in Utah.

Believe he has at least a partial guarantee next year. He's the best pg they have after Mudiay, Conley and Mitchell and the first two could be gone.

https://thejnotes.com/2020/03/29/uta...lliams-jersey/

Drafted by the Utah Jazz with the third overall pick in 2005 out of Arizona, it was Williams’ job to bridge the gap between the Stockton- and Malone-led years and Jerry Sloan’s next push for an NBA championship. Thanks to Williams, Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur, as a small-market franchise in a big-city league, the Jazz weren’t only relevant — they were title contenders again.

They were title contenders?

After John, Karl, Rudy, AD and Pistol no one else deserves it except Deron

https://thejnotes.com/2020/03/30/uta...ague-season/2/

Wright-Foreman has a bunch of different moves in his bag, and now must show that he can still score at will against NBA players. I see him staying in the league for a while thanks to his electric scoring. That’s what he’ll be known for.

We'll see. Been a lot of guys like him. China is a more likely landing spot but he has a chance

The glaring weakness with Justin Wright-Foreman is his playmaking. His point guard skills still need work. He’s never been a pass-first kind of guy, and that’s fine, but averaging more turnovers (2.6) than assists (2.5) as a point guard is a killer. As is finishing with more turnovers (92) than assists (91).

he's a 2 not a 1

Full disclosure: I was close to leaving him off this list. He really almost didn’t make it. But given his role on the best Jazz teams in franchise history, I had to make room for him. I actually think Russell’s career might have been more interesting outside of Utah. As the 4th best player on a contending team, his opportunity was relatively limited. His peak might have been a better player than his numbers show. Also, Jordan pushed off!!!
    not sure he would have done better elsewhere. He was a 3 and D.

This is the spot I had the hardest time with. I couldn’t decide between just giving it to the best player and figuring it out from there, or picking the best fit for a potentially better overall team. I’d love to hear people’s ideas here. Ultimately, I settled on Marvin Williams as the best way to complement this team. He may have never lived up to a true number 2 overall pick, but he certainly wasn’t a bust either. Carving out a career this long and this successful is something to respect. He’s another one that would actually fit well on the current Jazz squad, especially with a coaching staff that would use him appropriately.

God he was awful! The only good thing about him is that he wasn't Devin Harris.

Some others

Worthy of consideration:
    Antoine Carr
    Matt Harpring
    Howard Eisley
    Donyell Marshall
    Bobby Hanson
    Mike Brown
    Big Al Jefferson
    Ben Handlogten

Posted by kaemong on Apr 1, 2020 | 12:30 AM
    pathetic! almost no one in the article should even be considered. Thurl, Griff, Bojan and Hill who didn't even make it!

https://www.slcdunk.com/2020/3/31/21...h-jazz-history

Another easy decision. While in the 1984 and 1985 dunk contests, Dr. Dunkenstein was never named to an NBA All Star Team. I don’t think I ever realized that until I started doing the research. I guess I always assumed he made at least one All Star game given his popularity within the franchise and even around the NBA to an extent. He had an impressive career with the entirety spent in Utah. He was an important player for the franchise for many, many years. He gets the starting SG spot on this All Snub Team.

would have if not for getting benched for holding out

I don’t think this list would have been legitimate without including Derrick Favors on it somewhere. His raw career numbers will never look amazing, but that’s not because the talent wasn’t there. He made a lot of personal sacrifices for the Jazz once Rudy Gobert took over. But earlier on you could make the case that he was Utah’s best player. I’ll always have a soft spot for the big man. Take your well-deserved starting spot!

you could but they were tanking so who cares?

There were a lot of great options here. I almost went with George Hill because I think he was the best fit for the Jazz roster and had a career year even if the ending wasn’t what one would hope for. But I ended up going with Wesley Matthews. I’m still upset that we lost him after just his rookie season. He was a fantastic find as an undrafted rookie and has had a great NBA career. He’s the prototypical 3 and D guy and honestly I wouldn’t mind bringing him back next season, even if he’ll be 34. I loved his game and his hustle. If prime Wesley Matthews is coming off your bench, you know you have a great team on the floor.

Hill would have been a better choice than Conley

https://thejnotes.com/2020/04/03/joe...ndiana-pacers/

Could be a cheap option. Hits the 3 ball

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/04/01/ut...nceled-season/

If the season ends without seeing how the Utah Jazz take shape come playoff time, some questions will be left unanswered. Was Conley truly on the uptick? Does Mitchell have what it takes to go toe-to-toe with the league’s powerhouses in the postseason? Can he and Gobert mend their temporarily damaged relationship?

Need a starting 4. Need to figure out how to improve the D while not giving up their spacing at the offensive end

might be a fit but ot sure he makes the D better

Adrian Wojnarowski: As part of cutbacks within approximately 80 companies within the Larry H. Miller Group, there are layoffs underway with the Utah Jazz, organizaton tells ESPN. Sources say those cutbacks are limited to non-basketball staff and some employees are taking compensation reductions.
    – via Twitter wojespn

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...ersey-concepts

all better than the yellow, green or gradient

https://thejnotes.com/2020/04/04/uta...-agent-target/

Looks like a possible fit but who are the starting PF's they will be going after? It needs to be the top thing on the list rather it means trading Conley or letting Clarkson go. The other decisions follow that

https://thejnotes.com/2020/04/03/uta...rs-along-rudy/

But what if the two can never reconcile? What options do the Utah Jazz have to remain near the top of the Western Conference?

You really think they would trade Mitchell? Rudy would be the one to go and you can start taking about who they will get in the lottery next year

Can't say O love any of the guys listed. I'd want someone to play both ends. Mitchell's lack of D is a big problem right now