Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2019-20 season - Been waiting two decades for this one!

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]Eric Walden: Rudy Gobert, on he and Donovan as a new Stockton and Malone of sorts: “That’s the kind of legacy we hope to leave behind us when it’s all said and done. And hopefully win championships. It’s just great to have those two guys paving the way for us.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]– [/FONT][FONT=inherit]via [/FONT][FONT=inherit]Twitter[/FONT] tribjazz
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

As far as I'm concerned Rudy is the 3rd most important person in Jazz history already. Mitchell has a lot to prove yet[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]Eric Walden: Rudy Gobert: “Utah is a great state — those guys embraced me and my family since I got here. … I’m excited to represent.” And on his All-Star goals: “I just want to have a good time, hopefully inspire all the kids from France … and try to get a win. Might as well.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]– [/FONT][FONT=inherit]via [/FONT][FONT=inherit]Twitter[/FONT] tribjazz
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=inherit][COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]Eric Walden: Donovan Mitchell, on having a defensive player like Rudy Gobert in the All-Star Game: “I hope somebody tries to dunk on him, because it’s not gonna happen. He’s gonna go out there and do his thing. … If someone tried it, he’ll be there.”[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][/FONT] [FONT=inherit]All-Star, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=inherit][COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]Eric Walden: Donovan Mitchell: “I’m not ‘Donovan Mitchell from the Utah Jazz’ right now; I’m Donovan Mitchell, 13-year-old.’ I’m like, ‘That’s Kyle Lowry!’ you know? … I’m really focused on the moment now … just happy to be here and enjoying the experience.”[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=inherit][COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]Eaton never had Gobert’s athleticism. Gobert doesn’t have the girth and raw strength Eaton possessed. Eaton couldn’t move like Gobert and was more limited offensively. But the two shared characteristics. They are intensely competitive men. They took pride in their defense and their ability to pack the paint. In Gobert, Eaton saw a little brother and, finally, a guy to carry his torch. He was as proud as anyone when Gobert received his call to the All-Star Game. “He texts me a lot, and we talk often,” Gobert told The Athletic in an extensive interview. “It’s great to have someone like him look after me and to have someone to talk to. He’s been to the places that I want to get to, and I appreciate a lot of the advice that he has to offer.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]– [/FONT][FONT=inherit]via [/FONT]Tony Jones @ The Athletic
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit][/FONT] [FONT=inherit]Mark Eaton, Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=inherit][COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]In Gobert, Eaton sees a sleek version of himself, someone who represents a better version of himself. The two men have formed a bond over the years. They talk regularly, not so much about basketball but about life in general. They are, in many ways, a tie between generations that doesn’t happen often enough. “I love it,” Jazz executive Dennis Lindsey told The Athletic. “Both of those guys, they have Jazz DNA. Their relationship crosses generations, and I love that both of those guys had to work for everything they accomplished in the game. They fit our history, and we love the fact that they have a good relationship with each other.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]– [/FONT][FONT=inherit]via [/FONT]Tony Jones @ The Athletic
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    only difference is Eaton sucked

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]No matter when it was, Mitchell feels like he has something to prove. He expects a lot from himself. Because his own expectations are so high, he’s pushed himself to excel and has been rewarded with a very charmed young NBA life. “I’ve said before that I didn’t think I would be here but I’m at a point in my career where this has to be it,” Mitchell said of the success that he expects.[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]– [/FONT][FONT=inherit]via [/FONT]Sarah Todd @ deseret.com
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

"Conley is averaging 20.3/5.0/4.8 on 46.8/50.0/76.9 shooting after returning to the starting lineup."

I'd have to go check what Ingles numbers have been in the same span, but I'd bet they've dropped significantly. Going to the bench means he's with Clarkson instead of Conley, who controls the ball just as much.

I will say Clarkson's ability to finish at the rim has been a huge surprise for me however. Given his size you'd think he'd have more trouble. With how much Devonte Graham for the Hornets has improved this year it's an area he still struggles with massively. It'll be an interesting off-season to see how much both get offered. Graham can probably take advantage of the Hornets desperation a bit more, but I'm hoping we can keep Clarkson for the same sort of salary ($15 million per) on a 3-4 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    "Conley is averaging 20.3/5.0/4.8 on 46.8/50.0/76.9 shooting after returning to the starting lineup."

I'd have to go check what Ingles numbers have been in the same span, but I'd bet they've dropped significantly. Going to the bench means he's with Clarkson instead of Conley, who controls the ball just as much.

I will say Clarkson's ability to finish at the rim has been a huge surprise for me however. Given his size you'd think he'd have more trouble. With how much Devonte Graham for the Hornets has improved this year it's an area he still struggles with massively. It'll be an interesting off-season to see how much both get offered. Graham can probably take advantage of the Hornets desperation a bit more, but I'm hoping we can keep Clarkson for the same sort of salary ($15 million per) on a 3-4 year deal.
    Clarkson was listed at 6'5 before the new measurements so he's got pretty good size. He's very athletic. Kind of like watching a rich man's Devin Harris or Al Jefferson when they played here though. You know they aren't giving it up!

O'Neale needs to start. He's their 2nd best defender. Probably best rebounder of their non centers. One of their best shooters and doesn't need the ball like Ingles.

A starting PF needs to be the 1st thing on their list in the off season.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-16-2020 at 11:20 AM.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...areer-all-star

[COLOR=#1A1A19][FONT=poynter-oldstyle-text]“When Quin got there, I was almost in the G League,” Gobert said on Saturday. “He really believed in me, he gave me an opportunity, gave me a chance to become a big part of this team and this organization. ... We’ve been through it all with one another, and I’m just grateful to have Quin as my coach.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

Come on Rudy! You should have spent your whole rookie year in the Gleague and it was brief. You put in the work. I thought you earned your rotation spot and than became the best player since Deron shortly after that

[COLOR=#1A1A19][FONT=poynter-oldstyle-text]Drafted 27th overall in 2013, Gobert struggled under coach Tyrone Corbin to find playing time. At the end of the bench, Gobert rarely broke the rotation and had multiple stints with the then D-League Bakersfield Jam.[/FONT][/COLOR]

He wasn't physically ready

[COLOR=#1A1A19][FONT=poynter-oldstyle-text]He was racking up multiple DNPs, minutes were scattered, he was fifth at best on the Jazz’s center depth chart and was becoming all too familiar with the long bus rides and sleepless nights that come with D-League assignments.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Millsap, The Black Hole, Favors and Kanter. Rudy should have played?

[COLOR=#1A1A19][FONT=poynter-oldstyle-text]It was, of course, five years later that Gobert was left off the All-Star team and infamously became emotional when speaking to reporters the following day about being snubbed and receiving a tearful phone call from his mother.[/FONT][/COLOR]

It was two years later when he was first snubbed

[COLOR=#1A1A19][FONT=poynter-oldstyle-text]“When Gordon (Hayward) left, everyone thought we were going to be a lottery team. We didn’t think that way — we had different plans,” Gobert said. “Then you have that rookie that comes in and does what Donovan was doing and all of a sudden everyone gets excited again and we are where we are today.”[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#1A1A19][FONT=poynter-oldstyle-text][COLOR=#1C2022][FONT=Helvetica]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Hayward wasn't their best player

[COLOR=#1A1A19][FONT=poynter-oldstyle-text]Mitchell’s journey to becoming an All-Star has not nearly been the roller coaster that it’s been for Gobert. He was a contender for Rookie of the Year honors, he’s never known what it’s like to miss the playoffs, and he’s an All-Star in just his third year.[/FONT][/COLOR]

and unlike Rudy he hasn't earned it yet

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=Aleo][FONT=inherit]Joe Ingles: Excited to be flying to Chicago to watch my guys @Rudy Gobert & @Donovan Mitchell play tonight. 6 years with Rudy & 3 with Don, great teammates & they both deserve this! Glad I can be there to watch their dreams come true! *Only nice tweet going to them for a long time, save it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=inherit]– [/FONT][FONT=inherit]via [/FONT][FONT=inherit]Twitter[/FONT] Joeingles7
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Eric Walden: Rudy was asked if he had something to prove: “I don’t think you can prove something in an All-Star Game. You prove something by winning championships. … But I hope I made people proud and I inspired kids to one day tell themselves, ‘I can be whoever I want to be.’”
    – via Twitter tribjazz

Spencer Checketts: Last night on @NBAonTNT post game coverage: “Rudy Gobert is the most underrated player in the NBA.” – Charles Barkley
    – via Twitter spencechecketts

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...hell-utah-jazz

“You realize that you’re among the best guys in the league and you’re one of them,” he said.

You're not sorry. Rudy showed he is though like there was ever a doubt

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...should-shut-up

Gobert has obvious limitations on offense. According to Basketball Reference, 83.1 percent of his shot attempts have come within three feet of the basket. The Jazz still rank eighth in offensive rating (111.9), though, per NBA.com.

Because it's the most efficient shot in the game still

The two-time Defensive Player of the Year remains effective when defending away from the basket as well. He's holding opponents to 33.4 percent shooting beyond 15 feet and 34.5 percent on three-pointers, per NBA.com.

The French Hibbert!

Joe Ingles: A guy puts a phone right in my face and says ‘selfie, selfie’… I said at least say please. Then says ‘you want me to call you sir also’? Seriously, come on man. I have no issue at all having photos with people but at least say please. Especially if I’m with my family.
    – via Twitter Joeingles7

https://thejnotes.com/2020/02/19/uta...off-opponents/

Houston Rockets
    Might as well tank if you're going to run from the Rockets. You changed the roster to match up with them finally and now the Jazz have size problems against other teams. Houston shouldn't be able to stop the Jazz offense. Defesively they should't be as hard without Capela's roll either