Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2019-20 season - Been waiting two decades for this one!

As a client of CAA, Mitchell believes that Rose will be able to handle these problems and fix the Knicks. “I don’t know exactly what happened but I just reacted to what I saw,” Mitchell said of his tweet that responded to a Lee interview on ESPN by commenting, “That’s crazy yo.” But he quickly transitioned to his belief that Rose can mend the fences at Madison Square Garden.
    – via Steve Popper @ Newsday

Donovan Mitchell “That’s the way I reacted the way I did. But for me, understanding that I think Leon — who I know personally — Leon Rose — things are going to trend upward. I love Leon to death. He’s a great dude, great person and a really good businessman. So I think they’re going to start going in the right direction when he gets in there. I just think from the time I’ve known him obviously from the same agency, he’s just a guy who is charismatic. He’s a guy who cares, understands relationships. He has a lot of relationships throughout this league. Obviously myself, Devin Booker and Karl-Anthony Towns. He’s been in the league for a while so he knows how to do things. It’s going to be interesting to see what he does.”
    – via Steve Popper @ Newsday

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...t-shooting-nba

Him and Ingles are the guys to leave open because they might not shoot it

Brian Robb: Tremont Waters will be in Maine tonight along with Tacko, Carsen Edwards and Vincent Poirier so the Celtics will have 11 healthy bodies with Kemba on a minutes limit vs. Jazz.
    – via Twitter BrianTRobb

[IMG]https://usat*********.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/i_b3_66_48_jaylen-brown.png?w=190[/IMG]Chris Forsberg: Jaylen Brown said he’s likely to get re-evaluated Wednesday. Feels good about how hamstring has felt last 48 hours. Brad Stevens says Gordon Hayward is day to day. He won’t do anything today. Kemba’s minutes restriction could potentially go up a tiny bit tonight.
    – via Twitter ChrisForsberg_

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...troit-pistons/

But I think both of them are very adept — and actually pretty similar — in the way they use their bodies to create space for themselves in the interior. Neither of them are that vertically athletic: certainly both can dunk, but scoring from above is not a major part of their game. Instead, it’s about bumping the opponent off balance, finding space, and finishing the shot.

I'd say Clarkson has hops

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...boston-celtics

“You all can continue to hate and say what y’all want, I see it, and I know he does too,” Donovan Mitchell said after the game. “In games like this, you’re not gonna say nothing. That’s Mike Conley, he’s a Hall of Famer, he’s one of the best players to play the game at his position. And you see it. He’s been playing well the past couple of games, and it’s continuing to go up.”

HOFer?

https://saltcityhoops.com/conley-sho...-over-celtics/

Quin Snyder had another inexplicable challenge. It was early in the second quarter—hardly crunch time—and Ojeleye had cut in under a Clarkson layup attempt on a fast break to draw the charge. Ojeleye was easily outside of the restricted area, and Clarkson wasn’t in foul trouble. There simply isn’t a reason to challenge this call, even if you believe Ojeleye was late in establishing position for the charge: it’s a low-leverage situation, and block/charge calls need to be horrifyingly obvious for the call to be overturned. Snyder needs to be way lighter on his challenge trigger finger.
    yep. no idea what he was thinking there

https://www.slcdunk.com/2020/3/7/211...ics-game-recap

With the updated rotations, I am a big fan of switching Conley and Donovan’s roles.

One of my concerns going into the season was Snyder's rotations. Been a problem all year

With Rudy, Donovan and Bojan all earning a +/- of -20 tonight, it is easy to say that we were bailed out by the bench. This will happen on occasion, and it is not the end of the world. BUT, this team is built on the backs of our stars. More often than not, an 11-point game on 20% shooting from the field for Donovan, paired with a 9/7reb/3blk game from Rudy, and sprinkling in some poor shooting from Bogey would be the perfect recipe for a loss. Conley can’t bail out all three of them on a nightly basis. We need them to play well against the better teams in this league, especially those +.500 teams who have the capability to play 5-out.

They have plenty of offense even when guys have off nights. All about how much defense they play

Jinglin Joe makes former Jazzman Andrei Kirilenko proud. With a stat line of 9 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals, all Joe needed were a couple of blocks to put up a signature AK night. While they are obviously not identical players, Joe does remind me of an older Kirilenko, with an improved 3pt jumper. When Joe is rolling, he makes everybody on the court better. He is skilled in so many different ways, you can no longer simply deny one thing and take away half of his game plan. Because of his flexibility, this opens up options for teammates.

Gobert reminds me of AK

Snyder had some good, albeit late imo, in-game adjustments. He sat Bogie for stretches and pulled guys at the 7-minute mark in the third rather than riding or dying with his normal rotation. I’d like to see more from him where he sits dudes for shitting the bed defensively or just recognizing that guys aren’t hitting shots and maybe it’d be good to play a guy who might make a shot.
    -The Ingles/Conley/Clarkson/Minivan/Foul Machine bench lineup could be a lot of fun. If Niang doesn’t get murdered on defense, Bradley doesn’t pick up five fouls in eight or nine minutes, and CIC can figure out a way to share the ball-handling/scoring duties in a way where all three can find/have a rhythm, that lineup can be dangerous to opposing team’s benches. We won the game last night because of that lineup.
    Overall, a solid win with some U.G.L.Y. play from Mitchell and Bogie. It was great to watch a defensive game for once and see the Jazz keep a team below 100, which used to be a staple of Gobert teams. Four in a row with the Pistons tonight. Good opportunity to build some momentum with some tough games coming up (Memphis, Toronto, LAL (2x), Spurs (2x), Pellies, Thunder and Mavs over the next 9 before ATL).

Posted by Karl Stalone 32 on Mar 7, 2020 | 8:09 AM
    Snyder needs to ride with the guys playing well

https://thejnotes.com/2020/03/08/uta...ts-tournament/

Need a 5. None of the 10 fills that need. Bradley and Rudy will be free agents after next year. Behind them is Davis and two mostly unproven small ball 5's. Have young prospects everywhere but a big 5. Trade up or down or out if you can't get one.

https://thejnotes.com/2020/03/07/bre...z-mike-conley/

To date, Conley has played in a grand total of 39 games for the Jazz — only one of those would likely qualify as “memorable,” and you saw it last night with your own two eyes. Recency bias is a real thing, so Jazz fans would be wise to not fully discredit his 38 games of mediocre play.

He's played a lot more memorable ball than bad ball

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/03/06/ut...ms-playoffs/3/

Donovan Mitchell vs. Luka Doncic would be one of the most exciting matchups of the postseason, as both young stars are primarily responsible for their teams’ success. If these two teams played each other a year from now, the Jazz wouldn’t want anything to do with the Mavericks. This will be Doncic’s first time in the postseason, though, so the matchup is tolerable.

With free agency potentially looming, it’s a good bet Grant will turn down his $9.3 million player option this upcoming summer and see what he might command in a thin class. How the Nuggets handle both he and Millsap’s impending free agency will likely determine how much flexibility they have this summer. “We’ll see how it goes in the offseason,” Grant said. “It’s definitely all situational, but I’m definitely comfortable here. I love my teammates, love the coaches, everything.”
    – via Mike Singer @ Denver Post

He'd be someone to go after

The veteran point guard had just dropped 25 points and dished out five assists to lead the Utah Jazz to an impressive 99-94 road win over the Boston Celtics. The performance didn’t leave much for Conley’s doubters to talk about, so Mitchell and his teammates took it upon themselves to fill the silence inside the visitors’ locker room at TD Garden. “I don’t want to hear anymore Mike Conley slander,” forward Georges Niang said. “The guy can hoop.” “It’s just funny how people work,” Mitchell added. “Y’all can continue to hate and say what y’all want. I see it. I know he does, too. But that’s Mike Conley. He’s a Hall of Famer, one of the best to play at his position.”
    – via Aaron Falk @ NBA.com

“There’s way less thinking,” Conley said. “I’m just playing the game. After playing together for a while now, I’m feeling in charge, knowing how you can put guys in position to be successful and make plays, knowing what times in the game that I can be aggressive.”
    – via Aaron Falk @ NBA.com

https://www.slcdunk.com/the-downbeat...me-mike-conley

Part of what has been so good with Conley has been his ability to lead the second unit. Once a huge weakness, Utah’s Conley-led bench has become a serious weapon. Against the Celtics every Jazz bench player had a plus-minus between +22 and +26. That’s a complete turnaround from the beginning of the season when Utah’s bench gave up massive runs every game.

Much different unit too

Also, Donovan is an awful mf defender.
    You misspelled "Tony Bradley."

Posted by l3uddyh011y on Mar 8, 2020 | 6:55 PM
    Bradley is getting better and doesn't have the tools to be a great defender like Mitchell does