Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Why don't Apple bring back a home button and 3d touch?

I just got an iPhone 11. But it is so annoying to have to rely on Face ID when I use my phone. It's much harder to use without 3d touch and things are slower. Just annoying....

What I don't understand is this. If it ain't broken, why try to fix it? I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier. This seems a bit ridiculous to me. Are they trying to make it more complicated to use a phone?

And I have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. That is like the home button, except often times I miss it. It actually takes some accuracy. Really annoying.

Why did Apple do this? I do not understand. Having a home button is so convenient. I don't understand doing things just to innovate and not considering anything else. Fixing things when they aren't broken, only making them broken. Makes no sense to me.

I can't imagine spending the rest of my life doing this just to use a phone. Very annoying. How about Android? How does that work? Any different?

I thought technology was supposed to make your life easier.. What's the point of innovating if it makes things harder? I don't get it.

And people are so predicable. Some of you aren't gonna read what I wrote and you're just gonna say home buttons are a thing of the past.. without even thinking about what you're saying!

Default Re: Why don't Apple bring back a home button and 3d touch?

Cause schmucks like you keep buying them

I like the swipe gestures. Op probably has small hands

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water
    I just got an iPhone 11. But it is so annoying to have to rely on Face ID when I use my phone. It's much harder to use without 3d touch and things are slower. Just annoying....

What I don't understand is this. If it ain't broken, why try to fix it? I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier. This seems a bit ridiculous to me. Are they trying to make it more complicated to use a phone?

And I have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen. That is like the home button, except often times I miss it. It actually takes some accuracy. Really annoying.

Why did Apple do this? I do not understand. Having a home button is so convenient. I don't understand doing things just to innovate and not considering anything else. Fixing things when they aren't broken, only making them broken. Makes no sense to me.

I can't imagine spending the rest of my life doing this just to use a phone. Very annoying. How about Android? How does that work? Any different?

I thought technology was supposed to make your life easier.. What's the point of innovating if it makes things harder? I don't get it.

And people are so predicable. Some of you aren't gonna read what I wrote and you're just gonna say home buttons are a thing of the past.. without even thinking about what you're saying!
    Apple is trying to get to a design paradigm featuring an all glass, bezel-less face for its phones, requiring software buttons instead of physical buttons. Several android phones have forgone a physical home button in favor of software buttons, including Samsung's Galaxy line. Samsung has actually been doing this for nearly three years with their flagship phones, and other companies have been doing it for even longer. Once they're able to figure out the software for maintaining the fidelity of its images and video, companies will move the selfie camera to behind the glass face as well, removing notches and going all glass with almost no bezel.

I have an android phone without a physical home button, though my previous phone that I had held onto for awhile had a physical button. It didn't take me long to get used to only having the software buttons. I think, over time, you'll grow used to the change. You may still dislike it, but it will be easier to use.

From what I understand, 3D Touch didn't take off the way Apple intended, and many users never used the feature, or used is sporadically. App developers were inconsistent in their adoption, and some apps that could have really benefited had limited implementation. In iOS, places where 3D Touch would have been pretty useful didn't have it so the feature really just felt for many like an incomplete add-on than an integral part of the phone's capabilities.

Nah. More room for bigger and better battery, better more important specs to be beefed up. I love the Face ID never gave me an issue and, touch gestures is more convenient. Feels like I’m in the 18th century using a phone with a button

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Nah. More room for bigger and better battery, better more important specs to be beefed up. I love the Face ID never gave me an issue and, touch gestures is more convenient. Feels like I’m in the 18th century using a phone with a button

You just said exactly what I predicted you would say..

I don’t care what century it feels like. I care about what is more convenient. I just wrote a whole paragraph about that and you said exactly what I said you would, with no substance behind it.

This is a pet peeve. When someone doesn’t seem to think things through and instead of using logic just resort to the “that feels antiquated” line. I like substance and logic.
    Last edited by Walk on Water; 10-26-2019 at 08:04 PM.

[QUOTE=Walk on Water]You just said exactly what I predicted you would say..

I don

[QUOTE=Draz]There

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Apple is trying to get to a design paradigm featuring an all glass, bezel-less face for its phones, requiring software buttons instead of physical buttons. Several android phones have forgone a physical home button in favor of software buttons, including Samsung's Galaxy line. Samsung has actually been doing this for nearly three years with their flagship phones, and other companies have been doing it for even longer. Once they're able to figure out the software for maintaining the fidelity of its images and video, companies will move the selfie camera to behind the glass face as well, removing notches and going all glass with almost no bezel.

I have an android phone without a physical home button, though my previous phone that I had held onto for awhile had a physical button. It didn't take me long to get used to only having the software buttons. I think, over time, you'll grow used to the change. You may still dislike it, but it will be easier to use.

From what I understand, 3D Touch didn't take off the way Apple intended, and many users never used the feature, or used is sporadically. App developers were inconsistent in their adoption, and some apps that could have really benefited had limited implementation. In iOS, places where 3D Touch would have been pretty useful didn't have it so the feature really just felt for many like an incomplete add-on than an integral part of the phone's capabilities.

The phone is already all glass though.

Except the camera thing at the top.

We don’t use the whole screen. Could have just kept the home button.

What is the purpose of keeping the home button?

[QUOTE=Walk on Water]The phone is already all glass though.

Except the camera thing at the top.

We don

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    What is the purpose of keeping the home button?
    iPhone users have had the physical home button since 2007. It has always been an integral part of the phone and controls some pretty important functionality. It can be difficult for people to adjust to something new when they have become so accustomed to the way something works.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    They want the entirety of the front face to be the screen... all glass, no buttons, small bezels. Something like this...

It