Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Sergei Kovalev vs. Canelo Alvarez for the Light Heavyweight Title.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Broseph, everybody understands the very widely varying degrees of genetic assimilation that have taken place in your home country. That is exactly the point some people express totally different phenotypes compared to others because they came from different genetic backgrounds. Not everybody is perfectly 5% this 5% that and so on down the lines of every race. A lot are very expressive in one way or another.

"Aztec blood" is this...

very easy to see...

This?

aint...

the fella i responded to was talking shit on whitey and saying this guy is good due to aztec blood of which an immediate bullshit had to be called.

Sorry mate...
    First, I'm not the one who claimed that Canelo Is the boxer he is because he has Aztec blood (which coincidentally isn't even really a thing since the Aztecs were largely wiped out by disease). Most Mexican's Native American ancestry is anyone's guess because most were absorbed into the general mestizo population. It's just basically a saying and that's it, about having Aztec blood since the Aztecs were pre Hispania greatest civilization and located in the heart of what would later be Mexico.

Look, I know what I'm telling you, the vast majority of white people in Mexico, including Canelo, have at least some Native American ancestry, there are YouTube videos of Mexicans who have blonde hair and blue eyes and rarely ever are they 100% European, unless both of they're parents just moved to MX from elsewhere. That's why the white people in Mexico have flavor, they don't look like the pasty ass whitey of the US.

I've no idea what you're trying to prove anyways, like I stated before, there are Mexicans who look/are white, doesn't make them any less Mexican...it's you foreigners who decided a true Mexican has to be Indigenous, even though the vast majority of Mexicans (70%) are mixed
    Last edited by TheMan; 11-05-2019 at 10:27 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

TheMan isnt wrong about the lightskinned mexicans. They just don't make it into the US.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    First, I'm not the one who claimed that Canelo Is the boxer he is because he has Aztec blood (which coincidentally isn't even really a thing since the Aztecs were largely wiped out by disease). Most Mexican's Native American ancestry is anyone's guess because most were absorbed into the general mestizo population. It's just basically a saying and that's it, about having Aztec blood since the Aztecs were pre Hispania greatest civilization and located in the heart of what would later be Mexico.

Look, I know what I'm telling you, the vast majority of white people in Mexico, including Canelo, have at least some Native American ancestry, there are YouTube videos of Mexicans who have blonde hair and blue eyes and rarely ever are they 100% European, unless both of they're parents just moved to MX from elsewhere. That's why the white people in Mexico have flavor, they don't look like the pasty ass whitey of the US.

I've no idea what you're trying to prove anyways, like I stated before, there are Mexicans who look/are white, doesn't make them any less Mexican...it's you foreigners who decided a true Mexican has to be Indigenous, even though the vast majority of Mexicans (70%) are mixed
    yeah. Sonora is like 80% white mexicans. and Sonora had large groups of Yaquis and other natives that have been there for a long time. in Arizona, I see white NATIVES lol.

these guys haven't traveled it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    TheMan isnt wrong about the lightskinned mexicans. They just don't make it into the US.
    Or they do but unless they told you they were Mexican, you'd assume they were white Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    yeah. Sonora is like 80% white mexicans. and Sonora had large groups of Yaquis and other natives that have been there for a long time. in Arizona, I see white NATIVES lol.

these guys haven't traveled it appears.
    Yup, Mexico is way more diverse than most Americans think but still, we are a brown people, but within that we got people who are really fair skinned all the way to really dark chocolate...but the important thing is we all are Mexicanos

I usually hit open layups CodeBreaker's Avatar

Hoping to see Ward vs Canelo next

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    do yourself a quick favor.

this exercise might help you make better judgment calls in the future.

watch the video one more time.

count how many people you see clapping. trust me, you won't need more than one hand.

then explain the thunderous applause you hear (at wildly varying frequencies and outputs).

if you can't see something so blatant. so amateur... there's no hope for 'murrica.

^ foreign trolls right now reading your posts in this thread.

2020 is gonna be something else.
    Have ever been to a sporting event? When the crowd goes wild who's clapping? Arms arm pumping in the air when you're screaming at the top of your lungs. Or holding your beer.

Keep digging.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Yup, Mexico is way more diverse than most Americans think but still, we are a brown people, but within that we got people who are really fair skinned all the way to really dark chocolate...but the important thing is we all are Mexicanos
    People think I'm Greek. Lol.
    We're mutts. I'll be the first to admit that.